I'm going to go fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JKDChick
    Smaller guys, bigger guys, any girls in the gym. You're going to get schooled for like 2 - 3 years. Welcome to the Dark Side.
    I'll be grappling with girls?! Hmm, I like the idea of that. If they are hot, I think I would probably get an erection, especially if their boobs get in my face. :laughing6

Comment

Less talkey, more doey. Go take the intro class, relax, treat it as a learning experience, and sweat it out. It might be a bit hard on you at first, but it gets better. It is good that you are starting while so young. After the class, come back and give your feedback.
      Locu5
      combat sports hobbyist

Comment

Tap early, tap often.

There's no shame in it when you're learning; rolling is not a competition, it's a means for you to develop/refine your skills against a fully resisting opponent who's trying to do the same.

Forget everything you think you know, and just learn what you're being taught. Later, when you've got it down to a certain degree, then you can start mixing in the crap you might have picked up before, because you'll have a better idea what works and what's BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissipate
          I'll be grappling with girls?! Hmm, I like the idea of that. If they are hot, I think I would probably get an erection, especially if their boobs get in my face. :laughing6

You really don't want to give them somthing extra to grab and lock, man.

Comment

Go for the heel hook in your first class. Be sure to ask over and over and over and over WHEN DO WE SPAR?!?!?! while completely ignoring the techniques that are being presented.

Trust me. It works. I do it practically everyday!

Comment

You will be anally raped your first day by everyone there, one after another.

And the day after that, and the one after that, and the next 15987 days as well.

With that attitude, it will double and they will train rape you every day.

Seriously though, don't talk that kind of crap. It will come back to haunt you. Don't be afraid to tap, or your be just another injured gimp that can't handle their own inflated ego.

Comment

Mr. McFu-
                I did some calculations. If he were to be anally raped for 15990 days in a row, that would constitute roughly 43.8 years. I sense some exaggeration on your part, and I will be looking out for you and your insane theories.

And Dissipate- Of course grappling with girls would be hot and sexy. BJJ is a big rolling sex party. All the time. Whether you're rolling with guys or girls. You'll really grow to love it when a big sweaty man tosses you around and makes you his bitch. You'll beg for more, I'm certain of it.

Comment

I've learned to never tell a grappling school of any variety that you have ever been a wrestler at any point in your life...
                  "Emevas,
                  You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

Just remember to wear a condom. It's more important than a cup.

PL

Comment

Originally posted by beka
                      Mr. McFu-
                      I did some calculations. If he were to be anally raped for 15990 days in a row, that would constitute roughly 43.8 years. I sense some exaggeration on your part, and I will be looking out for you and your insane theories..
                      Originally posted by Mr. McFu
                      With that attitude, it will double and they will train rape you every day.
                      You forgot to double it.

Comment

Your blood will be too baffled at its own inability to reach your head to even consider going to the appendage you're thinking with.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I am 6'0" and weigh 160 pounds. Am I going to get beaten on by the bigger guys?

yeah your going to get beaten by everyone, from 50-60 year old men, to skinny 5' nothing 140 pounds guys. but if you stick to it youll be the one beating the newbs when they come in.
                          Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
                          My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Comment

Play with a blackbelt? What would be the point of that? Wouldn't they start me off with someone lower on the food chain, maybe another white belt or a blue belt?
                            You're better off if they don't start you with a white belt, maybe even blue.

Someone with higher rank should be able to keep you from hurting yourself - but two beginners, that's spaz-on-spaz.

When I've got a beginner and a not-quite-beginner rolling, I make sure to stop what I'm doing to keep an eye on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                              They raped you for it? I've always found it useful as they've always took a bit of time to relate the material to what I've done before and know. Granted, they turned up the intensity, but the extra understanding was worth it.

I usually let them find out on the mat. I'm very much a wrestler still when I roll, but when you tell them ahead of time, it's like "Oh, well here, try our purple belt. You guys should be at the same level" =P
                              "Emevas,
                              You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X