I killed my powerbook :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I killed my powerbook :(

In a moment of increadible smoothness, I spilled about half my protein shake onto my powerbook. Needless to say, it doesn't work anymore. I feel great right about now.

Originally posted by SYB
    In a moment of increadible smoothness, I spilled about half my protein shake onto my powerbook. Needless to say, it doesn't work anymore. I feel great right about now.
    So you're posting via chi power now?

Call Randi.

Comment

Maybe it will work after it dries out.
      Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Originally posted by Wounded Ronin
        Maybe it will work after it dries out.
        I doubt it. At the very least I'll have to open it up and clean up all the gunk with Isopropyl alcohol

Originally posted by dakotajudo
        So you're posting via chi power now?

Call Randi.
        Indeed, with the $1 million I could buy myself a new laptop!

Comment

Well if you buy another one now, you can get a 4 GB iPod mini for free!

I'm trying to use this selling point to convince my gf that we need an iMac. She helps pay for a computer she will barely use but she gets the iPod mini.

Comment

Originally posted by Quikfeet509
            Well if you buy another one now, you can get a 4 GB iPod mini for free!

I'm trying to use this selling point to convince my gf that we need an iMac. She helps pay for a computer she will barely use but she gets the iPod mini.
            Apple regularly seems to throw in iPods for free (or almost free) with new computer purchases.

Oh, and I'm actually on my dual G5 powermac right now. Great computer... just doesn't have the mobility benefit.

And I'm actually feeling a bit better right now. I just checked my home insurance policy with USAA and it has coverage for $3000 on laptop accidents, thefts, etc... with no deductible. It only cost $56 extra a year. I just filed a claim and an insurance guy will be calling me monday or tuesday to let me know what they are going to do. USAA has been really good with my claims in the past, so although I'm not going to count on anything until it actually goes through, I'm hopeful.

My biggest worry right now is getting all the data of my laptop. I have a backup that's about a month old since I've been too lazy to setup backups since I moved to tiger and pretty much everything I do that isn't related to the music / audio work or any computationally intensive work I do is on my laptop.

I know I can always just pull out the HD since it is sealed it should not have been damaged and hook it up on my G5, but I don't want to do anything until I hear back from USAA.
            Last edited by SYB; 7/09/2005 7:55pm, .

Comment

Macintosh is pretty much where it's at.

My boyrfriend just ditched his PC for a little iBook and he was absolutely *flipping out* when he plugged the printer into his comp and it just WORKED, as opposed to how he had to go searching for drivers and changing settings on his old PC. I'm so jaded, I just expect hardware compatability.

The only downfall of the current comp is that it my pinky has more memory, and I need Tiger. But I can buy that shit.
              Last edited by beka; 7/09/2005 7:21pm, . Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by beka
                Macintosh is pretty much where it's at.
                Cough *bullshit* cough.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGXiN-_BCts

Numa ^ 3

Comment

Originally posted by AkiraMusashi
                  Cough *bullshit* cough.
                  depends how you define "where it's at."

Comment

Originally posted by SYB
                    depends how you define "where it's at."

I think it requires two turntables and a microphone. But I'm not entirely sure.

Comment

I hate Macintosh. They were the pioneers of this condescending false user friendliness which has now infected virtually all OSes.
                      Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Originally posted by Wounded Ronin
                        I hate Macintosh. They were the pioneers of this condescending false user friendliness which has now infected virtually all OSes.
                        Well, out of all the OSes I have used, I far prefer OS X. I know what the hardware can do performance wise, but I really like OS X, nothing compares with it IMO, especially with the release of Tiger.

Why don't you elaborate on what you don't like with the user friendliness.

Comment

Machintosh is OK for a laptop. A guy in one of my classes has one, and it's pretty good. But for PC you need to put it together yourself. Anything else is bleah.

PL

Comment

Originally posted by beka
                            I think it requires two turntables and a microphone. But I'm not entirely sure.
                            So just clap your hands.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGXiN-_BCts

Numa ^ 3

Comment

Originally posted by Poop-Loops
                              Machintosh is OK for a laptop. A guy in one of my classes has one, and it's pretty good. But for PC you need to put it together yourself. Anything else is bleah.

PL

Ummmm.... Apple laptops are probably the slowest ones you can get.

The Dual G5 desktops are pretty good performance wise (they were rockin' when they first came out, but IBM = fuck you). When I got my G5 desktop, it was the fastest thing on the market without a doubt. I almost got it 1 year and 3/4s ago. It still holds it's own in the market (dual 2.0Ghrz with 2 GB of ram).

I use apple computers for OS X and am looking forward to them switching to the Intel x86 mostly for decent laptop performance and hopefully they won't screw up the powermac desktops too bad.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X