Interest Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest Check

I've got a ton of things in my queue, but splitting this forum into a seperate site is still one of them. However, if there isn't enough interest, I won't waste the time needed to get it done.

The new spin-off Politics/Society/Culture War/etc site would essentially be much like Bullshido, but focusing completely on current events, news, and social issues. The cool thing is that there's such a diverse group of people here already, that such a site would have a wide array of opinions.

The unique thing about how I want to set it up, is that members that meet a certain number of criteria (# of posts, time registered, possibly reputation) will be allowed to co-blog the front page with their news story finds, comments, rants, etc. As far as I know, it'll be the first "blog" operated by a group of people who don't agree with each other.

So this is a poll to gauge interest in the project.
    I'd go there exclusively to discuss those topics
    5.13%
    I'll split my time between there and Bullshido
    17.95%
    I'll probably check it out a few times, maybe post a bit
    43.59%
    I probably won't check it out
    28.21%
    I definitely won't go over there, screw politics, I'm a hermit.
    5.13%

I feel the 'critical' time was when y'all wanted to debate the American election.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Yeah. I had been working on it back then too, but had a few things come up which prevented it. We've got another election coming up though.

Comment

Due to the fact that much of my day is already spent arguing with people, I would probably not spend much time there. However, I think it's an interesting idea, and my guess is that it would probably be very succesful.

Comment

When Wolfy got the World bank and Bolton headed for the UN, I figured that the anti-christs had won and stopped bothering posting for the most part over here.
          "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

I no longer participate in political rants here, anyway. I don't know that I would go over there.
            And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

That's kind of the point though, we want to seperate the heated politics/society/culture stuff onto its own site so it doesn't spill over into the MA discussions.

Comment

Comment

I would love to see the site. A lot of the current events type sites out there suck. They not only suck in content, they don't look good and are not well put together.
                  The type of site I think you are talking about, but with a Bullshido type layout and features would be cool.

Comment

Since a good %75-%85 of my posts here are in the Current Events forum anyhow, I'd likely be there more than here.

Comment

I don't think I'd go. It's just too much of a hassle. =/

Yes, I am that lazy.

PL

Comment

I like the way it is now, Bullshido is the Walmart of forums, I can pretty much discuss whatever I want here instead of hanging out on topic specific forums.
                        "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
                        -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
                        -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
                        -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
                        -Don Gwinn

Comment

Sorry American politics don't interest me. And thats what the majority of the posts are about so I wouldn't even visit the site.

:emo:
                          "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
                          - Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

This forum is getting downright retarded.
                          - Osiris

Comment

Originally posted by Peter H.
                            I like the way it is now, Bullshido is the Walmart of forums,
                            Is this true, Phrost? Do you exploit little kids in 3rd world countries?

PL

Comment

Don't talk about the Canadian staff members that way.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X