No announcement yet.

I made a grappling dummy yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or hell, I won't even kill him. It will be a Live Training Dummy! (TM)

PL

Comment

hahah.
      No seriouisly though, I want to put together plans for a grappling dummy that has workable joints so its better to practise armbars and stuff on, add me to msn if someone wants to help me as i really wanna do this.

Comment

I'm serious too. Just get a chloroform-soaked rag and do it behind an alley. This method also works well for getting "dates".

PL

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Poop-Loops again.

Comment

You guys need to get laid...
            "Emevas,
            You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

That's what the chloroform-soaked rag is for.

PL

Comment

Originally posted by Nightstrike
                hahah.
                No seriouisly though, I want to put together plans for a grappling dummy that has workable joints so its better to practise armbars and stuff on, add me to msn if someone wants to help me as i really wanna do this.
                I have heard pvc pipe on hinges would work well. The problem I see with a simple hinge is that arms don't just move one way. Not like the dummy I made is fantastic, but with some tinkering I made it so the elbow area locks out when I fully extend the arms. I think it really depends how much cash you're willing to shell out. A trip to the hardware store might provide enough inspiration to put together most of a dummy. Something like a ball joint and material connected to it would probably work well, but I imagine more complicated parts are more expensive. Check out http://www.geocities.com/fightraining/grappled2.html for what I'd consider a pretty damn fine looking home made grappling dummy.

Comment

Originally posted by Poop-Loops
                  I'll just find a bum, kill him, and put duct tape all over his body so he doesn't decay.

PL
                  Take it from me, this doesn't work. Don't know how many times that shit has failed me. I mean, sure, the first month or so is ok, but eventually it starts seeping out the cracks of the tape. You need a good sized tarp if you ask me, and an oil drum full of hydrochloric acid.

Comment

What if I get him laminated then? Will that work?

PL

Comment

No. It doesn't. But you can make a kind of maggot-farm with the transparency encased corpse that will be both educational and entertaining for the kids.
                      !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Comment

I added legs and feet today, restuffed the whole thing (thanks to new clothes found). It can't stand on it's own, but it can kneel just fine, and it is now between 40 and 45lbs. With legs and feet it is probably around 5' 3", but seeing as how it can't stand it really don't matter. I will be looking into some ways to redo the legs, some, but other than that, I think that It's just about finished. I added an old shotokan gi and belt to it at well to make it more pleasing to look at. Really hoping to find a digital camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Poop-Loops
                          What if I get him laminated then? Will that work?
                          I just don't think Kinkos would understand the importance of your work in this field. Also, the employees there are notoriously loose-lipped and gossipy. No sooner have you pressed a sward of facial skin down on the fax machine then they're falling over themselves in their eager-beaver hurry to contact local law representatives.

Customer service, my arse. It's like they don't want my business.

Comment

Hmm... I'll have to go with the duct tape then, and be extra-careful. Thanks.

PL

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X