Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poop Loops
    replied
    Get a hybrid. OR a PURE electric car. Then you can change your name to "electro" or "buzz".

PL

Leave a comment:

• Tourettes
    replied
    Originally posted by Yrkoon9
    I have a theory about Volvo drivers.

Now understand my context. When I used to ride a motorcycle(5 years) I found Volvo drivers to be the most dangerous people on the road. If I came up on one of these soccermoms I immediately spotted that 740 wagon from a mile away. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES get close to this vehicle. They drove with both hands on the wheel looking straight ahead, moving their eyes only enough to check their mirrors before changing lanes. Motorcycles often do not appear in those windows. As a motorcyclist you take special care to watch people's heads as you pass. In addition, to make a right hand turn they first must come to a complete stop, look both ways twice, ensure the signal is on twice and proceed to crawl into the intersection or parking lot. You may think I am absolutely crazy, but over 5 years I had at LEAST a dozen close calls and one accident with them.

In short, Volvo drivers are bad drivers. They tout that engineering and safety standard as their banner. You know WHY they need that extra safety? BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD DRIVERS AND CAUSE FUCKING ACCIDENTS!!!!

Now I did see a hip little sporty Audi lookin Volvo on the road. It almost tripped me up. Doesn't matter. It's just a bad driver in a sportier car.
    It's funny you should mention riding - my dad rode for years as well and his one and only accident was the following:

"There I was behind this volvo who all of a sudden jammed on their brakes after passing me on a local road outside Freeport (Maine). I had two choices, dump the bike or go over the trunk. I chose the former and ended up with several broken ribs."

He also hated minivans with a passion.

I mentioned the volvo because Jenfucius actually wants to spend that much on a car - volvo drivers are irritating, self important bastards. The only thing worse than a volvo driver is an SUV driver - those motherfuckers are convinced that 1) they're special 2) are paranoid and are convinced someone else is going to hit them so goddmanit they gotta be prepared! 3) think 4 wheel drive and antilock brakes replace driving skill(like volvo drivers). I drive 95 and 84 a lot, and every trip has at least 2 accidents involving SUVs and some unfortunate idiots who get caught near them.

Saabs suck too - the transmissions are either excellent, or chew themselves to pieces - I can do without that unpredictability, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• KickAHippie
    replied
    Originally posted by Bizzaro Root
    ill got with afro and ronin on this, buy forreign and buy a toyota or lexus.

and who ever said that a 98 dodge pickup is worth 40000, hell in these times people are throwing away cars like that. whats that thing get like 14 miles to the gallon on the highway.

pretty soon rappers will stop talking about rim size and itll be all about the mpg.
    Fo' shizzle my geo mizzle be gittin 130 miles per izzle.--Snoop D-o-double jizzee

BTW, my Ram is totally worth 40000 dollars. It has a CD PLAYER for God's sake. You don't just find that option on any car. Did I mention the air conditioning? Oh wait I probably didn't cause it doesn't work. Ill go down to 39,500 then.

Leave a comment:

• alex
    replied
    just buy something japanese. american cars dont work and european cars rust

Leave a comment:

• Yrkoon9
    replied
    I have a theory about Volvo drivers.

Now understand my context. When I used to ride a motorcycle(5 years) I found Volvo drivers to be the most dangerous people on the road. If I came up on one of these soccermoms I immediately spotted that 740 wagon from a mile away. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES get close to this vehicle. They drove with both hands on the wheel looking straight ahead, moving their eyes only enough to check their mirrors before changing lanes. Motorcycles often do not appear in those windows. As a motorcyclist you take special care to watch people's heads as you pass. In addition, to make a right hand turn they first must come to a complete stop, look both ways twice, ensure the signal is on twice and proceed to crawl into the intersection or parking lot. You may think I am absolutely crazy, but over 5 years I had at LEAST a dozen close calls and one accident with them.

In short, Volvo drivers are bad drivers. They tout that engineering and safety standard as their banner. You know WHY they need that extra safety? BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD DRIVERS AND CAUSE FUCKING ACCIDENTS!!!!

Now I did see a hip little sporty Audi lookin Volvo on the road. It almost tripped me up. Doesn't matter. It's just a bad driver in a sportier car.

Leave a comment:

• Tourettes
    replied
    if you go for a volvo, you can go and buy one in sweden and take a vacation at the same time you pick up your car. They have a bunch of incentives as well.

http://www.volvocars.us/FinancialServices/Overse as/

Leave a comment:

• Kungfoolss
    replied
    Originally posted by Edge
    wait a second... did ronin and kfss just agree on something? HOLY FUCk!111
    Yes, but it's offset by the fact that I hate Canadians. :icon_mrgr

Leave a comment:

• Kungfoolss
    replied
    Originally posted by Phrost
    340 HP in that S4.
    It still can't equal the looks or attention you get driving a red 69 SS Camaro (well the one I had wasn't a 'real' SS, it just had a SS hood. Still it looked cool. :happy8:)

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Mantis
    replied
    Originally posted by Yrkoon9
    I have a 79 scout I'll sell you cheap! Don't even worry about insurance. It's negligible. Can't be stolen (without extreme efforts). The only kicker is the gas mileage on a 345 4brl. But you will more than make up for it on the investment of 47500 dollars elsewhere.
    I used to drive one of those? They rule!

Leave a comment:

• Yrkoon9
    replied
    I have a 79 scout I'll sell you cheap! Don't even worry about insurance. It's negligible. Can't be stolen (without extreme efforts). The only kicker is the gas mileage on a 345 4brl. But you will more than make up for it on the investment of 47500 dollars elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Edge
    replied
    wait a second... did ronin and kfss just agree on something? HOLY FUCk!111

Leave a comment:

• Phrost
    replied
    340 HP in that S4.

Leave a comment:

• Kungfoolss
    replied
    Well fuck, if you want a completly impractical car for that price range, the best thing you can buy is a Lotus Elise. It's as fast as a Corvette, but gets over 30 MPG because it weighs around 1900 lbs.

It better be quick if it only weighs 2000 lb.

Leave a comment:

• Kungfoolss
    replied
    2004 Audi S4. Luxury interior, upscale, 0-60 in 5 seconds, and all wheel drive so you can run it through a snowdrift.

You should be able to pick up a slightly used one for around $40k, or a brand new one for $54ish. Best car hands down in that price range.
    Sporty looking car, but looks like every other car on the road these days. Go for muscle! Trust me, chicks love muscle cars.

Leave a comment:

• Phrost
    replied
    Well fuck, if you want a completly impractical car for that price range, the best thing you can buy is a Lotus Elise. It's as fast as a Corvette, but gets over 30 MPG because it weighs around 1900 lbs.

Or you could save your $ and buy a Subaru WRX STi, put $10k in it, and have a 10 second quartermile super car that can seat 5 adults and a load of groceries while driving through a blizzard.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X