car buying advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car buying advice

i'm looking to buy a car in the $40,000 to 50,000 range. anyone have suggestions? i don't really know too much about cars.

Well, what do you want? Do you want an SUV? A full-size sedan? A Honda Accord riced out to the max? What?

Comment

A 1998 Dodge Ram would cost about that much. in fact I know a guy who might let one go for maybe 35k.

"There is no such thing as a bisexual man. If you like dick, you're gay."

Comment

skyline gtr35..... ermm.. i mean infiniti g35

Comment

http://www.costcoauto.com/carre/inde...y=showcase.pdf

Good prices!!
          "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."

Comment

A new car?

You want to pick up some chicks?

Look professional?

My off the cuff suggestion is something along the lines of a Mercedes or Lexus.

Are you going to pay in cash? I might be able to hook you up.
            We are surrounded by warships and dont have time to talk. Please pray for us. One Somali Pirate.

Comment

I'll never buy a brand new car unless I somehow wind up filthy rich. You get ripped off so bad it is unreal.

Comment

IMPORT.

Comment

I'll sell you mine for $50K!

Comment

Jen,

Seriously, here is what I would recommend --

Used:
                    Saab
                    Volvo (pre-buyout, circa 2002)
                    BMW

New:
                    High-end Honda, Toyota
                    Any Infiniti or Lexus

All of the above cars will last a long time. With the money you want to spend you should be able to get a car that you can drive until it dissolves into individual car molecules. For the used cars, get something between 2 and 6 years old, with the exception of the Volvo.

Under no circumstances should you buy an American car, unless you want a big-ass SUV or truck, or are getting a classic. Or a Caddy.

closet gearhead,

- tha 'fro
                    I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

Comment

One thing he has to realize is that, the more expensive the car, the more it costs to get fixed.
                      We are surrounded by warships and dont have time to talk. Please pray for us. One Somali Pirate.

Comment

ill got with afro and ronin on this, buy forreign and buy a toyota or lexus.

and who ever said that a 98 dodge pickup is worth 40000, hell in these times people are throwing away cars like that. whats that thing get like 14 miles to the gallon on the highway.

pretty soon rappers will stop talking about rim size and itll be all about the mpg.
                        Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
                        My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Comment

I don't know about the states, but here if you lease a BMW or Mercedes, you get regular mainteance for free for as long as the lease ( 36 to 48 months).

By the way, IF you have 50k, you can find better things to do than throw it away on something that depreciates every year.

Comment

Depends on your daily needs. Do a lot of city driving? Get a car with a high mpg. Haul around a lot of stuff? Go for a car with lots of cargo space. If I had the money lying around, i'd go for a G35 Coupe.

Comment

2004 Audi S4. Luxury interior, upscale, 0-60 in 5 seconds, and all wheel drive so you can run it through a snowdrift.

You should be able to pick up a slightly used one for around $40k, or a brand new one for $54ish. Best car hands down in that price range.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X