No announcement yet.

car buying advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS that the one with that awesome "formula 1" transmission?

Comment

Originally posted by BatRonin
      By the way, IF you have 50k, you can find better things to do than throw it away on something that depreciates every year.
      -Best advice yet.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdog
        -Best advice yet.
        Considering thr options for lease VS finance VS cash payment, and what the bloody think will be worth as the years go by.

lease.

Example:

Based on 28k car for example
        Fianace 500 x 60 months = 30,000 ( The car will not be worth 30k after 5 years)
        Lease 300 x 48 months = 14400 ( and you can invest the other 200 per month)
        Buy - 28k , car is worth 1500 less the moment you drive it off the lot and less every year after.

Comment

The s4 is very nice and the paddle shifting is sweet but they eat tires at an alarming rate.

You're on Long Island so try to blend: go with a classic muscle car for 15,000 and spend the rest on gold chains and a perm.

Or how's about a Prius? Gas isn't going to get any cheaper and you'd still have enough left over for the chains and perm.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenfucius
            i'm looking to buy a car in the $40,000 to 50,000 range. anyone have suggestions? i don't really know too much about cars.
            Real men buy 69 Camaros. Buy a rebuilt 69 Camaro convertible ->

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

Originally posted by Animosimony
              I'll never buy a brand new car unless I somehow wind up filthy rich. You get ripped off so bad it is unreal.
              Not mention how much the value of a new car depreciates just driving it off the lot. Wait a year or two, the price comes down quite a bit. However, if it's in demand or a limited edition, you'll be out of luck.
              Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

Back in the day, the place to go was down on Jerome Ave. in the Bronx. There's still probably some action down there. Check it out.
                “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Well fuck, if you want a completly impractical car for that price range, the best thing you can buy is a Lotus Elise. It's as fast as a Corvette, but gets over 30 MPG because it weighs around 1900 lbs.

Or you could save your $ and buy a Subaru WRX STi, put $10k in it, and have a 10 second quartermile super car that can seat 5 adults and a load of groceries while driving through a blizzard.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost
                    2004 Audi S4. Luxury interior, upscale, 0-60 in 5 seconds, and all wheel drive so you can run it through a snowdrift.

You should be able to pick up a slightly used one for around $40k, or a brand new one for $54ish. Best car hands down in that price range.
                    Sporty looking car, but looks like every other car on the road these days. Go for muscle! Trust me, chicks love muscle cars.

Comment

Well fuck, if you want a completly impractical car for that price range, the best thing you can buy is a Lotus Elise. It's as fast as a Corvette, but gets over 30 MPG because it weighs around 1900 lbs.

It better be quick if it only weighs 2000 lb.

Comment

340 HP in that S4.

Comment

wait a second... did ronin and kfss just agree on something? HOLY FUCk!111

Comment

I have a 79 scout I'll sell you cheap! Don't even worry about insurance. It's negligible. Can't be stolen (without extreme efforts). The only kicker is the gas mileage on a 345 4brl. But you will more than make up for it on the investment of 47500 dollars elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Yrkoon9
                              I have a 79 scout I'll sell you cheap! Don't even worry about insurance. It's negligible. Can't be stolen (without extreme efforts). The only kicker is the gas mileage on a 345 4brl. But you will more than make up for it on the investment of 47500 dollars elsewhere.
                              I used to drive one of those? They rule!
                              “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

340 HP in that S4.
                                It still can't equal the looks or attention you get driving a red 69 SS Camaro (well the one I had wasn't a 'real' SS, it just had a SS hood. Still it looked cool. :happy8:)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X