Didn't get promoted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't get promoted

I didn't get promoted while four others did. Now I know all of these guys and they are at the same skill level as I am. If you think this is going to be a whinefest you are mistaken. I think this is the best thing that has ever happened to me in my training. I have what I now perceive as a bad habit of rolling in a very relaxed manner, too relaxed. I often wait for openings instead of making them. After the promotions this weekend I decided that I was going to use this as an opportunity to step up the intensity of my training. I am sick of whiners who bitch and moan when they don't get their way. One other individual at the dojo who has more time in than all of the others, including me, bitched for over an hour upon learning that he wasn't going to be promoted. Screw that noise.

I know my instructor had a good reason for not promoting me and I am okay with that. I am just going to train as hard as I can from here on out and not worry about anything else. As for my teammates, well in the words of two famous bullshidokas, "Man up bitches, playtimes over!"
    Shut the hell up and train.

Good for you. Although you're not hiding disappointment very well. :)
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Comment

I'm not? Damn. Seriously though this has made me more committed to training than I have ever been.

Comment

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...037#post650037

Comment

I got promoted once when I didn't deserve it. I quit two weeks later. It just didn't feel right.

I don't understand why you wouldn't be promoted if you're at the same skill level as the guys who did get promoted. Is it your attitude? Either way, it sounds like you're doing the appropriate thing.

Comment

Despite the internet gossip to the contrary, promotions aren't solely about what you do on the mat in bjj.
            Search some of Yrkoon's posts on the subject.

Comment

I don't know. The other four that got promoted and I are pretty much dead even on actual submissions scored on each other. Perhaps it's my too relaxed style, but I am not going to waste my energy second guessing my instructor.

Then again maybe I should bathe once in a while... before practice I mean.

Comment

Do you really go to class all stinky?

I KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!ONE!!!111!!

Comment

No, my instructor is old school about that stuff. He doesn't like it when his students question him about the decisions he makes regarding rank. Other questions are fine, but I have seen him get irritated with students in the past when they question him about rank. I should mention that I am competing in a tournament in a few weeks and that he might want to see how I do as a blue. Many of my fellow students feel I am a lock to win as a blue in my weight class. Perhaps not as a purple. I don't care if I get my ass kicked either way, I just want to compete. Then again this is all speculation on my part so I will shut up now.

So Beka, what you are saying is that the, "I am so revolted by your personal hygiene I am going to tap." is not a good strategy?

Comment

If you ask your instructor why you didn't pass, he could at least point out what you have to do instead of guessing by yourself. You should approach him in a manner asking what you need to improve on or do next time.
                    Don Frye doesn't like Sun Chips.

Comment

KayDeePee is right, you should at least have some reference for improvement. Its great that you're being so positive though. BJJ might just be one of the last arts left where a belt rank actually means something. It says a lot about the skill and determination of the practitioner.
                      Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
                      I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
                      what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Comment

Thanks KDP that is a good idea. Regardless, I find my current situation highly motivational.

Comment

Originally posted by KayDeePee
                          If you ask your instructor why you didn't pass, he could at least point out what you have to do instead of guessing by yourself. You should approach him in a manner asking what you need to improve on or do next time.
                          Agreed, but I'm actually surprised that he didn't tell you to begin with (maybe he did and that was left out?)
                          Originally posted by Osiris
                          Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Comment

Perhaps if you learn to bathe, you'll get promoted.
                            "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Comment

I find it odd that you are a four stripe Blue-belt on the edge of becoming a Purple-Belt, and you think you are being held back because you remain calm and relaxed. I though that was the point. My instructors hold people back for the exact opposite reason.

As a wimpy white belt with no skills (that I'm sure you could wipe the mat with), I don't mean anything bad. Your comments just confused me a little as they go against what my very limited experience tells me.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X