Seminar for a n00b....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seminar for a n00b....

Well, I've been going to BJJ for about 3 weeks now(only once a week so far since I don't have my license to make the drive on weekdays) and my instructor told me yesterday that I won't be able to practice since my dojo is hosting a seminar with Dave Camarillo, but if I was interested I could attend both days of the seminar for $80 or $40 for just Sunday.

I really think I should go since it would be an awesome learning experience and I do have enough spare money to pay the fee, but I'm alittle hesitant since I'm a noob to BJJ and all and I don't know much of the complex terminology yet(I know the basics like the different forms of gaurd, etc.) so I thought it might not be worth it attending a seminar so soon. What do you guys think? Do you think it's still worth it for a noob to go to a seminar.

I guess the least I could do is go to watch him roll with some of the more advanced guys after the seminar.

Uhhh yes. Camarillo's are going to be the fusion between Judo and Jiu Jitsu in this generation.

Comment

go to the seminar, if there one thing about bjj that i like is the catering to noobs and the politness that your greeted with when you show that you what to learn and you dont know much.
      Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
      My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X