"Judo" Gene Labell stories.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Judo" Gene Labell stories.

Great site for Gene's fans, which should be all of us!

("When in doubt... Choke them out")

http://www.genelebell.com/stories.asp, as subsite of http://www.genelebell.com/core.htm
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Gene Lebell is awesome.

Read his interview in Grappling Masters by Jose Fraguas if you get a chance.

Comment

I've read the story about running around with Lee on his shoulders a few times, but never from Gene Lebell directly. Funny stuff.
      The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
      - Pizdoff

Comment

The crucifix Bruce puts on Samo at the beginning of Enter the Dragon, was taught to him by LeBell and showed that ( along with the attempted arm bar by Bolo) Bruce was starting to put grappling into his movies.

Comment

Its a pity the steven segal incident hasn't been posted there.

Comment

Originally posted by xodus2
            Its a pity the steven segal incident hasn't been posted there.

Comment

what? You mean not everyone wears them?

Personally I thought it must have been a washing machine accident, you wash your red belt with a white gi, and lo and behold you got a pink gi... at least I can't imagine anyone actually manufacturing those things, thinking they're going to make money from it.

Comment

Remember a part of 'Fist of Fury' ? The one where Bruces teacher was poisened by the Japanese and Bruce goes off on a rampage looking for revenge.

An interesting moment in that film is where Bruce walks into the Japanese matial arts school. Everyone is practicing Judo trips and takedowns. Bruce offers to challange any man to fight him. Anyway some Japanses guy jumps up and attempts to grab Bruce or put a Judo hold on him and Bruce just 'slaps' him off. I think possibly that was Bruce Lee's way of saying Judo does not work. Just my impression.
                Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

Holy shit, Bruce Lee only took a size six? That dude was tiny. Fucking athletic, but tiny.
                  I'm not drowning my sorrows, I'm preserving them in alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal
                    Remember a part of 'Fist of Fury' ? The one where Bruces teacher was poisened by the Japanese and Bruce goes off on a rampage looking for revenge.

An interesting moment in that film is where Bruce walks into the Japanese matial arts school. Everyone is practicing Judo trips and takedowns. Bruce offers to challange any man to fight him. Anyway some Japanses guy jumps up and attempts to grab Bruce or put a Judo hold on him and Bruce just 'slaps' him off. I think possibly that was Bruce Lee's way of saying Judo does not work. Just my impression.
                    Yes, but Bruce Lee chokes out Kareem in Game of Death AND Chuck Norris in Return of the Dragon, therby proving absolutely nothing about what Bruce Lee really thought, cause it's just a movie and who the hell cares anyway?

Comment

Obviously, when Bruce choked them out, he was using BJJ, and not Judo.

PL

Comment

Does that mean Bruce beat Helio, or vice versa?

Comment

That means Bruce beat Kimura as revenge for beating Helio. In fact, the entire movie that Hannibal was talking about was about Bruce getting reveng on Kimura for beating Helio. That's why he was in the Judo place.

PL

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X