Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obi-Wan in Martial Arts publication

Martial Arts Movie?

Anyone else see this? Is Star Wars a martial arts movie?

I don't know, with a name like STAR WARS what could be martial about it?

Comment

The first trilogy was more of a retelling of Arthurian legend borrowing from 50's sci-fi serials, Kurasawa movies, and buddhist philosophy. It is a great modern fantasy story but really in no way related to the martial arts.

The second trilogy was more of a shit storm of experimental special effects thrown hap-hazardly together.

Comment

And robots.

PL

Comment

How could anyone forget Masters of Teras Kasi (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/masters/)

Comment

at least darth maul or whatever hes called from episode 4, knew martial arts. like fuck the two "hero's" would have survived that guy... not even going to bother venting my dissatisfaction with the "fight" scenes from the other episodes

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly_Roger
              How could anyone forget Masters of Teras Kasi (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/masters/)
              That was the SHITTIEST game ever. It was like Resident Evil Survivor.

PL

Comment

Ahhh "Masters of Teras Kasi", where instead of lightsabers, you had the Futurama style baseball bat lightsaber parodies.

Comment

I freakin' loved that game.

Comment

Yes, Star Wars can be classified as a MA movie, as much as Seven Samurai or any other "samiurai movie".

There is no denying the swordsmanship factor and if you look deep into the "spiritual side" you see the clear MA influence such as the Master and Apprentice ( Sempai and Kohai) the whole "jedi arts" thing, and of course "ki" ie: the force.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X