There is hope for the children!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is hope for the children!

I got these pics from one of my little wrestler's mom. I happily report that these preschoolers will have more live training before kindergarten then most TKD black belts will have in their whole lives.

Classes are an hour long and we roll live for about half an hour every class. Not bad for a bunch of 3, 4, and 5-year-olds!

I apologize for my weak internet-fu...can only attach one at a time...
    Attached Files
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Scrappy little bastards!
    Attached Files
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

Comment

Pwned!
      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome. If it worked for the Spartans, it'll work for us. It's also a good sign that there are still parents who haven't gone the route of immasculating their boys before they even hit puberty.

Comment

These are kids who will not be "diagnosed" with ADHD. Damned fine.
          Sgt. Shenault: "They shoot-in'! They shoot-in'!"
          Moi: *removes headphones* "So shoot back." *replaces headphones*

Hanging out with small groups of scared, well-armed young men without responsible adult supervision since 1999.

Comment

Now I am explaining to the kid in yellow that he doesn't have to be "nice" to his friend in this scenario....
            Attached Files

Comment

Breakin' 'em down!
              Attached Files

Comment

That's gonna hurt...
                Attached Files

Comment

Damn...kids are fun....

My wrestling class makes the yoga/tai chi program bearable. I hate doing basketball, too. But every once and a while I get to do a fun program, and I feel much better!

Comment

It's funny. Next door to us there is a karate class. The kids have more live contact than the adults. The kids do grappling and sparring with actual contact. I haven't seen any of that in the adult class.

PL

Comment

Kids can take more damage before quitting. If you train a kid right, they will bounce back from anything. If there is one thing I've learned, it's that kids cry because they are surprised, or scared. If you treat bumps and bruises like tehy are no big deal, the kids will too.

The only problem is I have had a few kids with real good bleeders, and nasty sprains play it off like it's no big thing jsut to impress me. Good for the ego, bad for the kid.

Comment

I watched the kids class at the place I take BJJ. Not sure exactly what they were teaching them. Some sort of grappling, but it was fairly fun to watch.

Most of the kids would forget about doing the the technique after the instructor left them. One pair of kids were just swinging each other around, while another kid was doing a flying leap onto another kids back.

The kids had fun doing it, and I had fun watching.

Comment

Wow, hardcore. How long till they start eating Tiny TKD Tigers for breakfast?
                          Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Originally posted by Scrapper
                            Kids can take more damage before quitting. If you train a kid right, they will bounce back from anything. If there is one thing I've learned, it's that kids cry because they are surprised, or scared. If you treat bumps and bruises like tehy are no big deal, the kids will too.

The only problem is I have had a few kids with real good bleeders, and nasty sprains play it off like it's no big thing jsut to impress me. Good for the ego, bad for the kid.
                            Wow, that makes so much sense yet I would have never thought of that. They either aren't used to getting hit, or never saw it coming. Something that will fix itself with enough teaching.

PL

Comment

That is absolutly adorable.

Been visiting a local TKD class just to kill time between the college club sessions, wish the kids there got that much time actually scrapping. Better than doing nothing, but only a little.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X