15 man kumite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 man kumite

Well, it was the last meeting of the VT TKD club tonight. I'm graduating finally. I figured I should do something interesting. I've been watching a lot of kyokushin and reading about it. More specifically the 100 man kumite. I was impressed with the iron will it took these people to do that.

Anyway. I decided to see what I could do.
    I did 15 people. 2 minute rounds, with 1 minute in between each person. 5 were MMA rules, the rest were kickboxing rules.

According to reports (I don't remember some of it):

3 knockouts
    EDIT: 1 submission (armbar)
    11 draws

1 tired ass motherfucker

I know it's nothing compared to the 100 man kumites that some people have done. But I'll try harder next time.

(pictures coming)
    Last edited by MaverickZ; 5/04/2005 2:15pm, .

I know im mostly a reader, and not a poster, but I just wanna vouch for this. I'm a tkd blackbelt (i know i know) with some BJJ work. I officiated for Maverick, and he did a damn good job. Just to clarify, kickboxing rules was legkicks, knees to the body, normal head/foot contact to body, and full head/face. MMA Rules was the same as kickboxing with the addition of all ground techniques, and ground strikes.

His knockouts were

1. Round 2- Round kick to the head
    2. Round 13- Knee to the solarplexis (countout)
    3. Round 15 (Final) - Straightpunch to the face, which resulted in a large face wound and ref (me) stoppage.

Maverick has always pushed our club to be hard on each other, and he set a damn high bar tonight.

Comment

Nice work man, solid.
      Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Comment

Originally posted by MaverickZ
        Well, it was the last meeting of the VT TKD club tonight. I'm graduating finally. I figured I should do something interesting. I've been watching a lot of kyokushin and reading about it. More specifically the 100 man kumite. I was impressed with the iron will it took these people to do that.

Anyway. I decided to see what I could do.
        I did 15 people. 2 minute rounds, with 1 minute in between each person. 5 were MMA rules, the rest were kickboxing rules.

According to reports (I don't remember some of it):

3 knockouts
        12 draws

1 tired ass motherfucker

I know it's nothing compared to the 100 man kumites that some people have done. But I'll try harder next time.

(pictures coming)

While you were beating on TKD guys ( which means they suck), I still welcome you to the world of BADASS MOFU'S who like to beat up on more than one person !!
        By the way, in kyokushin, we DON'T use protection, other than a cup, and THAT is also optional.

BITCH !

Comment

you beat up a bunch of tech students?

awesome.

Comment

Well done man, always good to push oneself to the limit

Comment

Hey, as one of the 15, I can't say that he "beat up on" huge numbers of us, but it was fun. If I had been better with my triangle or arm bar... Oh well. GeoranTKD was, what, one fighter ahead of me? Maverick just needs to learn to pace himself a bit in the early matches. :)

Somewhere near round four I figured that Maverick would have to come to Bullshido to post and he laughed and gave an "exactly" hand gesture. I was willing to let him rest in guard (I was number 13 I think) if he needed it but he grunted "no" and so I proceeded to try to triangle choke him instead. Hey, it's what friends do and it was awesome to see him push himself...

Comment

awww, thanks ronin. you always know how to make a guy feel loved :)

Comment

Congrats, Mav. Good on ya for upping your training intensity.

Is this going to be a regular thing for your club?
                  Originally posted by pauli
                  i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's shit for your own philosophical betterment.

Originally posted by melvin_peebles
                  I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Comment

i dunno really. i hope so, it would be pretty cool. the guy who helped me plan it (gegorantkd) is thinking about it i think. (right? right? right?) i think it's a hell of test of both mind and body. i have a lot of respect right now for the kyokushin guys who do these kumites.

Comment

Very impressive. I like that approach...

Well done.
                      And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

Originally posted by MaverickZ
                        i dunno really. i hope so, it would be pretty cool. the guy who helped me plan it (gegorantkd) is thinking about it i think. (right? right? right?) i think it's a hell of test of both mind and body. i have a lot of respect right now for the kyokushin guys who do these kumites.

Thanks alot.I respect your school use of grappling in your TKD.I've heard a lot of sad storries about TKD instructors who don't like cross-training.Keep up on your climb to the top.And hope to meet you someday.Osu!
                        [img=http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2364/8026700123940loij9.th.jpg]

"God damn America" --Muammar al-Gaddafi

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X