Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who

They got me. I thought I was out.

I didn't watch the new Star Trek. I've never seen Smallville. I have no idea what's going on with comics. I didn't go to Constantine and I might not go to Sin City.

I watch "House" for god's sake!

Then I saw the premier of the new Doctor Who. And now I find myself sitting there, week after week, shouting at the TV: "Unit! The guys from Unit will remember him!" and "OBVIOUSLY it's the Sontarans!".

I AM a geek.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Acceptance is the first step. Buying Crown Royal just to have a dice bag is the second step.

Geekiness never rejects it's own.

Start watching the new BSG.
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn

Comment

Second the BSG.

GO SEE SIN CITY. Unless you dislike sex and violence.
      You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Comment

EXTERMINATE!!!
        “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Sin City owns rock hard.

Also, prepare for the coming of the Firefly movie, September 30th bitches!

Comment

"I aim to misbehave." - you just have to dig that line.

Anyway I've only seen the first ep of the new Who, but I'm digging it and looking forward to the DVD release (or when I get a dedicated, unthrottled, broadband line again).

- Matt
            Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
            Kali, & what ever works
            Renaissance Martial Arts
            Rochester, NY

Comment

BSG? WTF?
              Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

BSG= BattleStar Galactica
                Last edited by FHoppy; 5/02/2005 3:03pm, . Reason: spelling
                Originally posted by Canuckyokushin
                I would so do Buttsecks.

Comment

Yeah, the new Battlestar is pretty damn good indeed..... kind of makes SG1 and SG Atlantis look bad by comparison......

Comment

Ive been a Dr.Who fan for so many years.
                    Its the oldest running sci-fi series (since the 1960's) next to Star Trek of course.

I dont know if I like the new series yet. I'm still getting use to it. It does have better special effects but I do like how they did the old special effects wioth the older series.

My favorite vilians:

The Master

the Daeleks (sp?)

the Cybermen

My favorite character besides Dr. Who is the guy from UNIT still
                    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

I have a little telephone booth in my house. I go in there, put on my afro wig and pretend I am Dr Who.

Comment

I can guess how it is such, but I'd rather have it explained as that is often 10x more entertaining.

Comment

Thanks Os, you never let me down ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                            Its racist as the whole Egyptian/alien connection is pretty much an attempt to discredit the African empire. They COULDN'T have built all that stuff so it was aliens. ...
                            http://www.crystalinks.com/ancientaircraft.html :icon_fara

Comment

2 things.

1) I've finally realized that Firefly =/= Firefox. For days now I've been wondering why the big deal over this Serenity movie that sounds like it's based on Clint Eastwood's old movie. I R DUM. Can someone explain what the big deal about Firefly?

2) Os, people have also suggested the Sumerian civilization's technology and knowledge was given to those people by aliens. So the Egyptians aren't the only ones who get that treatment.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X