Kendo-ka vs.....wizards with swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kendo-ka vs.....wizards with swords

For those of you who enjoy sword work, you'll love this.

This is the blog of a Nor. Cal Kendo practitioner. The most recent exploit will have you rolling on the floor, unless you are a "Knight of the Realm"

Will, "Head as big as mountain" Speagle's Blog.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Kirioroshi; 4/29/2005 9:23am, .

holy shit.

not only has someone found a practical use for kendo, but that practical use is beating up larpers.

goddamn. this significantly changes my view of kendo.

fucking larpers.

Comment

I'm not even into weapons and I found that incredibly funny.

Gringo Grande
      MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
      (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Comment

"Only mages can cast spells. They may appear frail, but with a simple spell they can obliterate an entire army" with a fart discharged from his ass, I'm sure.
        Included in the sensei who came over were Yuji Onitsuka and Tetsu Nishimoto sensei. Yuji came from working at the Tempura so he was still wearing his apron. One of the guys felt he had to make fun of him for this and started calling him chef. That's right boys, try to insult the former US Team Captain and current Men's coach with the pitiful name of "chef." You guys dress up as ELVES and you're making fun of him for wearing an apron?
        I am entertained.
        "The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." -Thomas Jefferson - (purposefully taken out of its context) Source.

Comment

I want the video, I want it now.

Comment

The Kendo-ka class allows those in the later levels the Ass-whuppin' feat. This feat enables you to whup the living shit out of any asshat LARPer as long as it takes, regardless of turn order, HP, or any other nonsense that doesn't work in real life, something that most LARPers are unfamiliar with at best.

I really wish I was there to see this foolishness happen.

And this is going in my signature:

Last edited by Shiro; 4/29/2005 11:46am, .

Comment

Meh... It's funny, but it's also kinda lame for the kendo guys to pick on the fat dorks just for being fat dorks. Its not like the larpers challenged them to a duel or anything equally contemptious.
              You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Comment

Originally posted by PirateNinja5000
                Meh... It's funny, but it's also kinda lame for the kendo guys to pick on the fat dorks just for being fat dorks. Its not like the larpers challenged them to a duel or anything equally contemptious.
                Yea, some truth to that. Now if Onitsuka, "Apron man" had taken offense and worked the dorks with a sword after being goaded for wearing an apron, things woulda gotten BROKEN... Would that have been ok?

Comment

They got all quiet. It seemed like the Gods themselves had graced them, or at least a level 15 wizard.
                  hilarious man. great post

Comment

Meh.

Yeah LARPers are fun to laugh at. But this was kinda dumb. They're just nerds that like to hit each other with padded sticks. It's not like they're claiming they're the epitome of swordsmanship. They even had a ton of respect for kendo so I don't know what the kendoka were out to prove other than they could beat up a bunch of fat geeks.

What if some Escrima guys showed up at their kendo club and pretended to have no knowledge of weapons only to beat the living shit out of Mr. Speagle and his buddies? Actually, that might be kinda funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Meager
                      Meh.

Yeah LARPers are fun to laugh at. But this was kinda dumb. They're just nerds that like to hit each other with padded sticks. It's not like they're claiming they're the epitome of swordsmanship. They even had a ton of respect for kendo so I don't know what the kendoka were out to prove other than they could beat up a bunch of fat geeks.

What if some Escrima guys showed up at their kendo club and pretended to have no knowledge of weapons only to beat the living shit out of Mr. Speagle and his buddies? Actually, that might be kinda funny.

No they were not claiming to be the epitome of swordsmanship, but they were claiming to teach swordsmanship and were willing to spar with someone they believed was a begining student. If they were good enough to teach swordsmanship, they should be good enough to take on someone of unknown skill. After getting schooled, they even wanted more, but in mele mode.

I have actually had an escrima person do just that to me. At a demo, we asked if anyone wanted to try hitting us with a shinai. A guy stepped up and it was immediatly obvious just from watching him hold the shinai that he knew what he was doing. no, not kendo, but something....... And I had enough weapons experience to see this.... so we worked each other good. Point is, I had enough experience to handle the situation and be aware of what was going on. At any time, I could have stepped out and bowed to his abilities if I had felt overwhelmed. If your going to claim a skill and ability, it makes no difference if your opponent announces his skill or not, You should know in a matter of seconds by how the person holds himself if your in trouble.

I agree with you, why pick on the geeks just to pick on someone, but I was 18 once also and full of myself....not much of an excuse though.
                      Last edited by Kirioroshi; 5/02/2005 9:18am, .

Comment

i think part of the disdain in this particular case is that there was a kendo conference RIGHT THERE, and the nitwits outside weren't bothering to avail themselves of the evident training opportunities in the area.

Comment

very funny but a bit sad. LARP'ers make targets of themselves constantly, and get hassled on a regular basis.
                          I think it was two ninjas taped together, to make one GIANT NINJA!!!!

Comment

Lighten up, "Chef."

Comment

RPG is the work of satan! Kill nerds!
                              Seriously it was fun but then again beating a nerd is not something I would be proud of... However it must have been very satifacting!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X