Wrist guards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrist guards?

I thought it'd be fun to wear them for a sparring session, regardless of whether or not they do a whole lot. Anyone know where to get a decent pair? Most of what I find tend to be skiing/snowboarding/skating/bowling guards.

Originally posted by Otacon_01
    I thought it'd be fun to wear them for a sparring session, regardless of whether or not they do a whole lot. Anyone know where to get a decent pair? Most of what I find tend to be skiing/snowboarding/skating/bowling guards.
    You'd get laughed off the mat.

Tape your wrists.

The bowling and skating wrist gaurds are totally different things, btw.

Comment

Why would you wear a pair of wristguards?

My adivise would be to just use wraps or tape up your wrists if you really need to.

CLM

Comment

let's not leave out the archery wrist guards option.

or the wrist support gloves option. i mean, preventing carpal tunnel is important, right?

Comment

Originally posted by pauli
          let's not leave out the archery wrist guards option.
          Haha, yeah. I was thinking of that one too.

Comment

I wouldn't actually need them. You're right, simply taping them would be enough. I just wanted them for looks so that when a friend of mine and I spar I could use them. Plus, I think they look bad ass for some reason ::equips flame shield::

But in all seriousness, I don't think I'd wear them to an actual fighting event.

Comment

I wouldn't actually need them. You're right, simply taping them would be enough. I just wanted them for looks so that when a friend of mine and I spar I could use them. Plus, I think they look bad ass for some reason ::equips flame shield::

But in all seriousness, I don't think I'd wear them to an actual fighting event.
              No serious promoter would let you wear them to his/her fighting event.

Comment

Originally posted by C.L.M
                Why would you wear a pair of wristguards?
                If you had weak girly wrists I suppose.

Gauntlets on the other hand are a different story. They are not really "guards", they are "weapons."
                “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

I don't think I'm stating my point clearly. I'm not actually planing on using them any time with professional martial artists or anything. I've wanted a pair since I was a kid (growing up watching and playing Street Fighter II can do that to you) and I though Jin's looked cool in Tekken 5. Of course they don't offer you any real advantage. I just think they look cool. If I were to wear them fighting, it'd most likely be with a friend of mine. And yes, we'd probably laugh about it.
                  Last edited by Otacon_01; 4/27/2005 2:39pm, .

Comment

Spiked wrist guards. Leather ones that go all the way from wrist to elbow. Like you see in the old kung fu movies. That would be much awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Yrkoon9
                      Spiked wrist guards. Leather ones that go all the way from wrist to elbow. Like you see in the old kung fu movies. That would be much awesome.

XD yeah, it would. Now to find a pair. I mean, they're such a novelty item, it's hard to even find a pair that doesn't look "out-there".

Comment

You could start at your local S&M supply shop.
                        Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Comment

-_-

Besides, I'm underage = p

Comment

-_-

Besides, I'm underage = p
                            There's a fucking shocker.

Comment

Wow. You know, I thought, just maybe, it'd be easily comprehendable as to why someone would want a piece of gear that doesn't actually do anything, but just to have as a novelty item or to use for fun with friends. If you don't know where to get them from, and if you aren't going to help me with advice (regardless of whether or not I already knew it), why are you posting?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X