Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, dammit.

Hi,

I've been lurking around this forum for a while without either contributing or begging any favors. Obviously, that's come to an end now. Fiss.

See, here's the thing. I live in Covina, California...a place where one would expect great hoards of eager sifus to collect in thundering herds, yearning to teach kung-fu to the unwashed masses of the land.

Sadly, that is not the case.

I had a sifu, once. He was good. Little, yellow, kicked-high, and went "oooOOOooowaaah" every once in a while. He was simply everything one would hope to find in a kung-fu teacher. Then, one day, he up and moved to Arizona.

I'm down with loyalty to the kwoon and all, but a five-hundred-mile roundtrip commute is just a little too much to ask. So, I've been looking for a good, traditional, local kung-fu school in the area.

I've been looking, but I ain't had much luck.

Now, I know there're sifus hanging around the area. I just know it. Unfortunately, these real traditional guys just don't take out ads in the yellow pages, if you know what I mean. In fact, my own sifu (before he left) recommended me to a fellow named Jason Tsou who's supposed to be local. Jason is real. His name pops up in web-searches. He's lectured at Cal State Los Angeles University. AND, he's so well hidden I'd aparrently need to hire a high-dollar chinese private detective just to arrange a teleconference.

Seriously, these guys are hard to get a bead on.

So, I was kinda wondering if any of you guys out there might have any contact information for traditional sifus in the Covina / West Covina / Monrovia / San Dimas / Azusa / Glendora areas.

And no, I'm not in desperate need of an education regarding how much more ass I could kick if I took a BJJ class. I'm sure asses everywhere would shudder in abject terror if they saw me coming toward them in bicycle shorts and a Royce Gracie tanktop. I know mine would.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Waaaah,
    Rongfist.

How far are you from Garden Grove?

Tim Cartmell has unlimited CMA and BJJ training for $100/month.

www.shenwu.com

Comment

*singing* We took this trip to Garden Grove, smelled like Lou dog inside the van.

Man, I miss Bradley.

Welcome to Bullshido. With the advice you are about to receive, you should be squared away shortly.
      Kung fu is translated as "stand around and talk."

Comment

Originally posted by RongFist
        Hi,

I had a sifu, once. He was good. Little, yellow, kicked-high, and went "oooOOOooowaaah" every once in a while. He was simply everything one would hope to find in a kung-fu teacher. Then, one day, he up and moved to Arizona.

Rongfist.

I am sorry, did you write " yellow" as in he had a yellow belt?
        Or was that a racial comment ?
        Because, if it was racial.... :XXbazooka :XXchicken

Comment

Originally posted by ronin69
          I am sorry, did you write " yellow" as in he had a yellow belt?
          Or was that a racial comment ?
          Because, if it was racial.... :XXbazooka :XXchicken

Yes, Sifus typically have a long history of being very chinese (i.e. going "wah" from time to time, being slightly yellowish in skin tone, and maybe even having those cool long beards and moustaches with like three hairs in each of them.

It's okay.

I'm black. There's lots of us in the NBA. I don't tan well, and in the twilight all you see are my eyes and teeth. My hair, when I let it grow out, could double for the clingy side of a piece of velcro.

And that's okay, too

Don't let all the kickin' and punchin' leave you too tense to smile.
          Last edited by RongFist; 4/21/2005 12:45pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X