Too seriously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too seriously

I think people tend to take themselves and other too seriously....so I thought we can make a list of things to keep in mind when posting...

1- This is a forum on the internet....NOT life or death
    2- Who cares what anyone thinks of you or your art? Are you gonig to change because some one calls you a name? Do you think calling someone else a name is going to make them change?
    3- Meaning gets lost in print. Sarcasm and sincerity are sometimes in the eye of the reader. So just CALM down. Take a deep breath. It is going to be ok.
    4- Read before you post. Sometimes you read one post and then write without reading the context or latter developments in the thread. You mightb e pleasently surprised.
    5- People are not always who they appear to be. I often take the antagonist role in current events because so many people like to agree on one side.
    6- Debate and discussion is good. As long as you agree with me (in place of 'me' think 'you' which is 'me' when reading this)
    7- If you are not open minded do not complain that other people are closed minded. Sometimes people have no intention of ever chaning their minds but insist on others doing so....
    8- Agreeing to disagree is ok, just like using your blinkers when you plan on turning IS NOT a sign of weakness.
    9- At then end of the day most of us are here for the same or similar reasons...have a fight...then some good words...don't log off, go to bed and cry...(lifetime made me really sad)

This list has probably been done a million times and most of the points are probably in the formerly known as sticky threads...but every so often we need a reminder
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Originally posted by cyrijl
    I think people tend to take themselves and other too seriously....so I thought we can make a list of things to keep in mind when posting...

1- This is a forum on the internet....NOT life or death
    2- Who cares what anyone thinks of you or your art? Are you gonig to change because some one calls you a name? Do you think calling someone else a name is going to make them change?
    3- Meaning gets lost in print. Sarcasm and sincerity are sometimes in the eye of the reader. So just CALM down. Take a deep breath. It is going to be ok.
    4- Read before you post. Sometimes you read one post and then write without reading the context or latter developments in the thread. You mightb e pleasently surprised.
    5- People are not always who they appear to be. I often take the antagonist role in current events because so many people like to agree on one side.
    6- Debate and discussion is good. As long as you agree with me (in place of 'me' think 'you' which is 'me' when reading this)
    7- If you are not open minded do not complain that other people are closed minded. Sometimes people have no intention of ever chaning their minds but insist on others doing so....
    8- Agreeing to disagree is ok, just like using your blinkers when you plan on turning IS NOT a sign of weakness.
    9- At then end of the day most of us are here for the same or similar reasons...have a fight...then some good words...don't log off, go to bed and cry...(lifetime made me really sad)

This list has probably been done a million times and most of the points are probably in the formerly known as sticky threads...but every so often we need a reminder
    Why post this ??
    I think you are taking this site to seriously.

Comment

oh just cuz some people seem to be shitting themselves of the oyama thread...i'd hate for someone to be so upset over something (add emphasis) I said...i mean, i don't like mexican food....who cares?

Comment

I agree. Let's make a thread to emphasize it is not a big deal. Don't take it all so seriously.

Comment

i mean, i don't like mexican food....who cares?
          Whaaa???
          You don't like Mexican food?
          Damn, that's un-american!
          I hate you!!
          I think you need to be Moderated!!!
          *looks for ronin69*

`~/
          Last edited by Meex; 4/20/2005 11:29am, .
          sigpic

Comment

well jamoke used to come on and give people shit and everyone had to remind me and others to not care...it is like going to a comedy club and having the comic go off on you...you don't wait for him after the set is done and 540 spin kick him...well at least not when the bouncers (oops i mean security) are around.

Comment

oh just cuz some people seem to be shitting themselves of the oyama thread...i'd hate for someone to be so upset over something (add emphasis) I said...i mean, i LOVE mexican food MORE THAN MY OWN LIFE....who cares?

There, I fixed that for you.

Comment

where do i go to report a violation of my human rights?????

Comment

i don't like mexican food....who cares?
                  Discuss

Comment

where do i go to report ronin for moderator of the year?????
                    Fixed that one too.

Comment

absolute power corrupts absolutely, but if you got the power, hey who cares....but there is a growing coup

:lurk:

Comment

I think that ,if there is one supreme being, it must be Ronin69.
                        Fixed that one too.

Comment

where do i go to report a violation of my human rights?????

which rights were violated.

aclu = if your some crazy rock group that squirts mock sperm on the crowd and the local police are arresting you for it.

aclj = if you are a judge and you want the ten commandments up in your court room cause that what you believe.

randal terry and the right to life = if you want to protest someone wanting to die on there own terms.

mark geregos = if you just killed your pregnant wife, molested some kiddies, or did something where your so guilty its not even funny.
                          Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
                          My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Comment

hrm...that is a tough one....let's go with door #1

Comment

hrm...that is a tough one....let's go with door #1
                              You don't have that right!
                              :toothy9:

`~/

btw - try Johnny Cocheran
                              sigpic

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X