Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti Japanese protests go wild in China

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4452097.stm

While the media tries to tell us the protests were in regard to the way recent Japanese textbooks bullshit their children about Japans Hitler-worthy atrocities in pre-WWII China there's hardly a mention of the argument over gas in disputed seas.

And NOBODY really wants to talk about how the U.S. is trying its damn hardest to make Japan yet another country to buy weapons from U.S. military contractors even though their constitution has made this illegal.

Japan's decision to approve eight school textbooks - which critics say gloss over the country's actions before and during World War II - triggered the current protests.

Among the issues causing outrage is the description of the Japanese army's massacre in Nanjing, referred to in the study books as "an incident".

Between 50,000 and 300,000 Chinese people were killed between December 1937 and March 1938 in one of the worst massacres of modern times.
    The main reason I despise the Japanese. They perfom one of the WORST acts of human depravity in modern history and they try and HIDE IT like a bunch of rats. The U.S. is also guilty of this re:the native population but even the U.S. is more forthcoming about what went on than the Japanese who think militarily raping 11 year old girls and having contests to see who could cut off the most civillian heads is not really worth mentioning.

Now the Japanese have pver %80 billion invested into the Chinese economy so the Chinese don't want to piss them off TOO much, but a little anger never hurt anyone. Its good to show you aren;t going to take anyone's shit. Thats been the American way for a long time and its worked for us.
    The Chinese people are angry," said one marcher, Michael Teng, a graduate student at Donghua University. "We will play along with Japan and smile nicely at them, but they have to know they have a large, angry neighbor."
    Well put.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

"All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

China...Smash?

PL

Comment

Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin
        The main reason I despise the Japanese. They perfom one of the WORST acts of human depravity in modern history and they try and HIDE IT like a bunch of rats. The U.S. is also guilty of this re:the native population but even the U.S. is more forthcoming about what went on than the Japanese who think militarily raping 11 year old girls and having contests to see who could cut off the most civillian heads is not really worth mentioning.

So, the Japanese government dosen't want to publish history textbooks that say that Japan did anything wrong. Much like if it were the 1930s no one in the US would want to hear about it if you tried to say that killing the Amerindians was bad. Back in the 1950s no one would want to hear about civil rights for African Americans. But now it's different. And I think that given time Japanese society will change as well, as conservative elements die out and time passes.

Why are you so worked up? This is just a cultural difference; a different stage of cultural evolution. Maybe in 30 years Japanese society will be different; it has already changed a lot from how it was in the 1940s.

So, is it great that Japan glosses over its wartime atrocities? No. But getting upset over it or getting all bent out of shape like you are dosen't accomplish anything either. Hopefully, with time, the Japanese society will change.

In any case, it's not *that* different from conservatives in the US going on about how any criticism of US foreign policy is automatically decietful and traitorous. So we even have an element like that here in the US, which also hopefully will get weaker with time.

And why exactly was that statement by the Chinese grad student well put? It sounds like something I'd expect to hear from an emotional but logically incoherent protestor. He's saying that China should be nice but at the same time really be angry? Those are the kinds of strange and meaningless statements I expect to hear from ultra feminists when I'm on a college campus or something.

Lastly, why do you "despise" an entire nation over the textbook policies of their government? That's like someone in Europe saying they despise all Americans because of Bush's foreign policy. You know that that's bullshit, man. Come on.
        Last edited by Wounded Ronin; 4/16/2005 8:38pm, .
        Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

[url]
          The main reason I despise the Japanese. They perfom one of the WORST acts of human depravity in modern history and they try and HIDE IT .

The main reason I despise you is irrational crap like this. The same percentage of educated Japanese are aware of what happened as Americans who know about some less-than-wonderful aspects of our history, or anyone else for that matter. Everyone has screwed someone sometime (except you, maybe!) and painting yourself in the worst possible light is not exactly a natural tendency (other than among those who find self-loathing chic and oh-so-intelligent!). And if you are unaware of the fact that all this crap has been orchestrated by the CCP for political purposes (as it has been continuously since the end of WWII) then you are in fact as stupid as I suppose.
          Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4452097.stm

While the media tries to tell us the protests were in regard to the way recent Japanese textbooks bullshit their children about Japans Hitler-worthy atrocities in pre-WWII China there's hardly a mention of the argument over gas in disputed seas.
            How many Chinese deaths does China's textbooks attribute to communism? 20 million starved to death under Mao. That's double the number killed by the Japanese occupying force.

And NOBODY really wants to talk about how the U.S. is trying its damn hardest to make Japan yet another country to buy weapons from U.S. military contractors even though their constitution has made this illegal.
            Constitutions can be amended. ->

The main reason I despise the Japanese. They perfom one of the WORST acts of human depravity in modern history and they try and HIDE IT like a bunch of rats.
            Communism has killed more people than any other government or institution that has ever existed in modern history. Estimates in are in the excess of 110 million and yes, they never admit to it either.

The Chinese people are angry," said one marcher, Michael Teng, a graduate student at Donghua University. "We will play along with Japan and smile nicely at them, but they have to know they have a large, angry neighbor."
            Ask the Taiwanese if they care first.
            Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

I am curious, what is stopping a full on asswhooping on Japan via the Chinese??

Don't they have just enough defense to ward of a Godzilla attack?

Comment

Organizations like the UN, for one.
                Last edited by MEGA JESUS-SAMA; 4/16/2005 11:20pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmare
                  I am curious, what is stopping a full on asswhooping on Japan via the Chinese???

Self interest

Comment

Japan dosen't exactly have natural resources aplenty to plunder. If China did invade with its massive but poorly trained army they'd get almost no benefit, and then they'd have NATO on their ass.
                    Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Originally posted by Wounded Ronin
                      If China did invade with its massive but poorly trained army they'd get almost no benefit, and then they'd have NATO on their ass.
                      China couldn't invade Taiwan even if it wanted to.
                      Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

Originally posted by Kungfoolss
                        How many Chinese deaths does China's textbooks attribute to communism? 20 million starved to death under Mao. That's double the number killed by the Japanese occupying force.
                        As usual KFSS is just pulling numbers out of his ass. Chinese Estimates of the japanese invading force's death toll on the country are alot closer to 35 million. The number of deaths from famine, probably much larger than that. Interesting that KFSS brought this up, it happens that the absolute largest contributing factor for the famine ever even happening had to do with the destroyed agriculture and farming communities in the most fertile portion of the country from the japanese invasion.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to rebuild and repair the damage of the a genocidal occupation of a country with such a ridiculously large population? They brutally damaged 1/3 of the whole god damn country.

BTW, there where never war crimes trials for the butchers of the chinese people. Lot's of japanese officers were executed for what they did to american POW's. Almost no mention was made of what was done to the chinese POW's and civilians. Do you know how many chinese POW's actually came home from japanese capture? Fifty. They killed everyone else.

In fact, not only was it brushed under the rug... the Japanese built temples comemorating the "war heroes" who lead the slaughter in China.

Constitutions can be amended. ->

Communism has killed more people than any other government or institution that has ever existed in modern history. Estimates in are in the excess of 110 million and yes, they never admit to it either.
                        If a death occurs in a communist country it has to be the fault of the communists... is that what you are saying? Does the diarrhea in your head slosh around while you walk?

110 million. Where, OH where, did you get those numbers? Let me guess... you made them up.

How do you think the people of china feel about the japanese brushing aside the deaths of their immediate family members as an "incident." How do you expect their children to feel about it? How do you expect any thinking, feeling person to feel about that? Ask a jew how he feels about the holocaust? The jews have had at least a taste of justice, the admission of the German's that what happened was wrong and was the face of evil. The Japanese build shrines to it where their president takes photo opportunities while praying to their great heroes.

Now the Japanese want a position on the governing council of the U.N. They refuse to even admit blatant wrong doing. How would you feel?
                        Last edited by Sun Wukong; 4/17/2005 12:01am, .
                        A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Comment

I think it's funny, in a sick and horrible kind of way.

Comment

Originally posted by chris_ketchens

BTW, there where never war crimes trials for the butchers of the chinese people.

In fact, not only was it brushed under the rug... the Japanese built temples comemorating the "war heroes" who lead the slaughter in China.

How do you think the people of china feel about the japanese brushing aside the deaths of their immediate family members as an "incident." How do you expect their children to feel about it? How do you expect any thinking, feeling person to feel about that? Ask a jew how he feels about the holocaust? The jews have had at least a taste of justice, the admission of the German's that what happened was wrong and was the face of evil. The Japanese build shrines to it where their president takes photo opportunities while praying to their great heroes.

China has signed treaties and agreements ending hostilities between the two nations.

I suppose there are some folks somewhere who feel a tad uncomfortable with our ceremonies honoring our war dead at Arlington National Cemetary. But guess what...?

Recognition, apologies, and mountains of aid and assistance has been rendered to China since the end of the war. A war that is now over, in case you missed it.
                            Last edited by wakinonioi; 4/17/2005 5:59am, .

Comment

Originally posted by MEGALEF
                              I think it's funny, in a sick and horrible kind of way.
                              He's got the right idea. What's funnier is that "political commentators" and "interested (non-Asian) parties" take this more seriously than people who had great-grandfathers in the Sino-Jap wars, and who lost family members to Japanese purging. It's irony that other people care more than the people who are in some way, more directly involved. And all you've gotta do is shake your head and laugh at it like the big cosmic joke that it is.
                              Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
                              I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
                              what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X