Captain Planet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain Planet.

I don't know if this show is still on, but do you guys remember that early 90s Cartoon called Captain Planet?

Its the story of an ethnically diverse group of young teens hailing from each continent whom with their powers combined fused to create a color neutral super hero who protected Mother Gaiia Rain Forests Earth from an army of Mutant Corporations? You know what I'm talking about the N. American Kid was of course the arrogant uncultured guy with FIRE. The little Chinese girl was wise and used WATER. The black dood had EARTH. That hot Russian chick had WIND and that little Mexican kid had that crappy power HEART and a monkey. When they put their rings together they created this greenish looking Super Hero with a mullet. They also had that cool little Solar Powered Spaceship, man Captain Planet sure owned those Evil Mutant Corporations.

Captain Planet he's our hero, he's gonna cut pollution down to zero....

I used to kiss my pillow at night and pretend it was Captain Planet.

Comment

I'm not sure you should be admitting that....
      Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

I am seriously "Eco-friendly".

Comment

Recently Cartoon Network has started to air commercials telling you how important it is to recycle and such featuring captain planet. I like how all those bad guys had technology that could rip appart a bank in a second and make tons of cash, but they decided to spend their money on polluting the planet...that didn't make any sense to me.

I remember when this cartoon was at the height of "save the planet" from the late 80's/early 90's. Along with that purple little turd Widget the World Watcher or whatever it's name was and how freaking crazy kids would get if their parents didn't recycle.

Man, I'm glad that recycling isn't cool anymore.

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals
          Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Comment

Captain Planet was probably the Epitome of that Movement, I mean why wait untill kids are older to brainwash them? Do it while they are in pre-school. Just something freaky about that.

LoL I was watching Transformers Armada last night (I love giant transforming robots, so sue me) and one of the little bastards, goes into a self reflective dialouge about how Illegal Logging cut a wide swath of trees on their way to recover the minicon, and how we must save trees to save the Earth and Optimus Prime suddenly turns into an Environmentalists (he's a frickin gas gurgling gigantic SUV for God's sake). I mean really guys can't we just watch Giant Robots blowing each other to pieces minus the Political Subvertion? Is that too much to ask?

Comment

I feel ya.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
              Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Captain Planet was the greatest. I was there when he had his late night episode wherein he delt with AIDS, I was there we he fought Captain Pollution, and I was there when Loutin Plunder shook his fist for the very first time and yelled "You'll pay for this, Captain Planet!".

To this day, that poor kid who got the "Heart" ring remains the butt of many a jokes between me and my friends.

The funny thing is, the show actually had a disproportionate amount of name actors. Meg Ryan, Helen Hunt, Whoopi Goldberg, Jeff Goldblum...there were a ton of genuine celebrities, if I recall.

Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

List of charactors and their voices...

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0098763

And the kid had the power of heart and had a monkey on his shoulder, he was one step away from a Michael Jackson sleepover.

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals
                  Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Comment

I was looking through the list of actors' voices and I got to thinking. If the following actors who did the voices, were as mean as they could be in the movies. Then Captain Planet would be a greasy spot on the road.
                    1. Malcolm MacDowell
                    2. James Coburn
                    3. Tim Curry (damn, this guy is in everything)
                    4. Dean Stockwell
                    5. Sting

There are some people there that just baffled my mind and interrupted my thought process.
                    1. Phyllis Diller
                    2. LeVar Burton
                    3. Whoopi Goldberg
                    4. Louis Gossett Jr.
                    5. Meg Ryan

Argh, my head! Anyways, Transformers sucks now. I still have a tape of old Transformers episodes, and it is awesome.

Comment

Earth,Fire,Wind,Water,Heart
                      With your powers combined i am captian planet,
                      (Captian planet hes are hero hes gonna take pullotion to zero)hnmm hnmmm
                      and destory bad guys who want to loot and plunder(you ll pay for this captain planet) were the planters you can help out to because looting and pullotion is not the right thing to do. Rycling and cleaning is the way here is what captian planet has to say. THE POWER IS YOURS!

hehe songs a little messed up but you can remeber the rest LOL.
                      Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
                      -Styles i train in-
                      Judo
                      Bjj
                      Mtkickboxing
                      Western boxing
                      Wrestling

Comment

Captain planet ruled, you better believe he's gona take pollution down to zero.

I always wanted that fire ring.

The heart one was shit.

----------------------------------------------------------
                        The story of a woman on the morning of a war,
                        Remind me if you will exactly what we're fighting for.
                        "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
                        YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

It was. Unless, of course, you always wanted to hear an elephant talk.

Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

Yeah(shrug)
                            Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
                            -Styles i train in-
                            Judo
                            Bjj
                            Mtkickboxing
                            Western boxing
                            Wrestling

Comment

Captain Planet taught me....um, give me a sec.

--------
                              What would happen if a one hand clapper attempted to stop a tree falling in the woods when no one else was around?
                              --------
                              The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
                              - Pizdoff

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X