"Tough Ain't Enough"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Tough Ain't Enough"

Does anyone know if the phrase has been coined or trademarked? I know I heard it before it appeared in the movie, but some cursory research hasn't turned up anything.

I'm thinking I might be asked to write an ad campaign soon the future and I'm thinking ahead in case I get it. I want to make sure the phrase falls under fair use.

...not sure, but I believe Ellen Degeres has that tattooed on her piss flaps, but under the copyright fair use clause, things should be a'ight.

Comment

The ambiguous use of the food icon makes that post all the more creepy.

Comment

Comment

You could conceivably contact a lawyer who has experiences in trademarks and copyrights and find out for sure.

Or, you can take the most accurate answer possible from me:

maybe

Comment

Spell it Tuff and you should be fine.

PL

Comment

To bring this to a close, I found what I was looking for.

I also realize I deserved all the sarcasm. I understand most attempts to copyright the english language can easily be torn to pieces in court. I just so happen to be forced to be extra anal retentive about intellectual rights when doing something within the university such as adds for one of its events.

I also understand the potential irony in having a blatent proof reading error in a post about a writing project.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampa
                Does anyone know if the phrase has been coined or trademarked? I know I heard it before it appeared in the movie, but some cursory research hasn't turned up anything.

I'm thinking I might be asked to write an ad campaign soon the future and I'm thinking ahead in case I get it. I want to make sure the phrase falls under fair use.
                It's not trademarked as far as I can tell. You can trademark words BTW. It is for business purposes, it protects your "trust the Midas touch" because "you're in good hands" which are "finger lickin' good" and "stay crunchy even in milk" (okay that one's not trademarked either):happy6:

Lech:

Got any photos of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mantis

Lech:

Got any photos of that?
                  Only in dreams, my good man...only in dreams. :new_black

Comment

Ask snopes. He either knows everything or makes it up and it sounds really good.

Comment

Is there a need to copywrite it?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache
                        Is there a need to copywrite it?
                        Copyright? Well he could copyright his brochure if he wanted.

Trademark is the issue though because he wants to use it as a tag line, a gimmick... he wants to make it a household phrase that's associated with him for business purposes.

Please ignore his confusion of issues.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X