Ten Favorite Films at the Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ten Favorite Films at the Moment

I'm sure there's a thread for this elsewhere, but what the hell. In no particular order.

Hidden Fortress-Akira Kurosawa

Yojimbo-Akira Kurosawa

Seven Samurai-Akira Kurosawa

Once Upon A Time in the West-Sergio Leone

Boogie Nights-P.T. Anderson

Blade Runner-Ridley Scott

Farewell My Concubine-Chen Kaige

The Big Lebowski-the Coen brothers

Blue-Krystof Kieslowski

The Elegant Criminal-Francis Girod

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

I couldn't list just 10

Comment

Saving Private Ryan? Yuck! Osiris...I'm shocked! Once Upon a Time in China is a wonderful movie. I can't understand why Tsui Hark is such an incredibly inconsistent director.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

Edited by - The Wastrel on February 21 2003 10:56:56
        Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Fighty,
          No "Hidden Fortress"?! Goddamn!! Where's "The Five Deadly Venoms"?! I have to try hard to put up only 10 myself. What do you think of Todd Solondz's other films? And Peter Greenaway's?

Comment

"Croupier"!!! I forgot "Croupier"! AAAAHHHH!!! *Seppuku*

Comment

Oops. I love "Hidden Fortress" and "Five Deadly Venoms" is in there.

Comment

Oh, sorry. I hope I can be forgiven for missing that in your list.

Comment

I liked "Happiness", misanthropic as it was, but haven't seen his latest. I would liken most Greenaway films to plays, caught on film. The only "play" of his that I really like is "The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, Her Lover", pretty bored by his other stuff.

Comment

Mine is

Indian Jone (all of them)

Young Indian Jone (all of them)

Green legend Ran (Japan animation, remind me of myself when I was younger :-D )

Predator (not the second one)

Wrath of the ninja (japan anime)

Mummy (both Mummy and Mummy the Return)

The Shadow

We Were Soldiers (hi Wastrel)

Any of Chevy Chase movies

Any of Steve Martin movies

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
                    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

F-Dragon, seems like you favor movies based on old timey adventure serials.

Comment

Yes... because that is when the world was still pretty much unexplored. I LOVE to look for new things and find it. Even if it is a simple water fall or river :-D

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
                        I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

shaolin soccer

Comment

If you just list every film ever made, it's not a favorites list... geeze

Comment

Heh heh. OK, so it's not 10. At least I managed to put them in some semblance of catagorization.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X