Living Dead Girl and Congress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living Dead Girl and Congress

Yep, the idiots that reside in a place called US Congress have decided to get testimony from a living dead-girl named Terri Schiavo. I'm thinking that Terri will exercise the 5th ammendment.

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/200...=home&SEC=news
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Publicity stunt for the benefit of Christian Right voters.

Besides, it's not like she'd be the first brain-dead to testify before Congress.
    I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

Comment

I think it's a stunt to usurp the court decision to pull the plug today.
      "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaiboxerken
        I think it's a stunt to usurp the court decision to pull the plug today.
        The article says as such when it discusses that interfering with subpoenas is a criminal offense. Therefore, if Michael Schaivo does anything to inhibit his wife from showing up before Congress, such as removing her feeding tube or keeping her from being removed from the hospital, he will be found in contempt.

It's a ploy to prolong her life, and though I disagree with the intent and purpose of the maneuver, it appears to be within the bounds of our legal system, barring a successful ACLU argument otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by afronaut
          Publicity stunt for the benefit of Christian Right voters.

Besides, it's not like she'd be the first brain-dead to testify before Congress.
          Like attracts like.
          Originally posted by pauli
          i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's shit for your own philosophical betterment.

Originally posted by melvin_peebles
          I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Comment

update

Judge orders tube removed

By MITCH STACY
            Associated Press Writer
            PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (AP) -- The presiding judge in the case of Terri Schiavo ruled Friday that the feeding tube keeping the brain-damaged woman alive must be removed despite efforts by congressional Republicans to block the move by seeking her appearance at hearings.

Pinellas Circuit Judge George Greer refused a request from U.S. House attorneys to delay the removal, which he had previously ordered to take place at 1 p.m. EST. Greer determined that it should go forward about an hour after another judge issued a temporary delay blocking the tube's removal.
            I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

Comment

This is the third time the tube has been removed. I wonder what nonsense the Repubs will do to get it inserted again.

Comment

I don't know, but I feel like the girl is getting lost in all the b.s.

Whether or not she would choose to live this way isn't really the point anymore. Now, it's about posturing and politicizing her tragic circumstance.

Go Congress.
                i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's shit for your own philosophical betterment.

I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Comment

Acc. to some news reports Terri has shown some sort of responses to her parents.
                  The question of whether or not to kill her is one that can't easily be answered because she left no written mention in a will on whether or not to pull the plug had she gotten into this situation. Her husband Michael had said that she told him to let her die, but this is the only testament to what she wanted.

As for Michael Schiavo, he had asked for donations around 3m and after recieveing this money he said that Terri should have her feeding tube removed. Terri's parents blame Michael for the condition she's in and Michael's been covorting with another woman for a while aswell

If they removed her feeding tube, she wouldn't die instantly, rather it'd take anywhere from a week to ten days for her to dehydrate and starve to death. That's a shitty way to go.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGXiN-_BCts

Numa ^ 3

Comment

I think that what Terri would desire should play NO PART in the debate. It should be based on the science and facts. It is a fact that there is no chance of Terri ever regrowing a cerebral cortex, there is no chance that she will ever regain consciousness. It is a fact that she is cognitively dead.

That's a shitty way to go.
                    Only if you are conscious of it.

Comment

In my opinion a judge shouldn't have any right to decide the life of someone in this way.

This also shows the hypocrisy of the fact that a convicted murderer on death row gets qualuded up to the point where he feels nothing before they finally put him to sleep, but Terri would have to starve and dehydrate to death for at least 10 days before her brain finally shuts down.

Numa ^ 3

Comment

Terri would have to starve and dehydrate to death for at least 10 days before her brain finally shuts down.
                        Yes, but she isn't feeling anything. She hasn't felt anything for 14 years, nor has she had a thought.

In my opinion a judge shouldn't have any right to decide the life of someone in this way.
                        He's not, he's deciding what the correct course of action shoudl be based on the science, facts and testimonies.

Comment

If we let science decide on who should live and who shouldn't then it'll come down to a Logan's Run mentality of things which could lead genocide.

Numa ^ 3

Comment

That's woo-woo, hippie logic you are using. There is no slippery slope here. Terri Schiavo is cognitively brain-dead.

Comment

So let's put it in the hands of the courts and politicians instead.

That'll fix the problem.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X