Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Korean Father beats child with Cane

http://aeigoo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1124

Summary: Dad beats son for misbehaving with cane, hits him like 200+ times and gets arrested. He claims that he didn't know it was illegal to do so and is forced to donate money to a child abuse organization and is now on probation for 2 years.

Personally I find this type of discipline sickening. The child is not misbehaving because he needed a beating, but he misbehaved because of bad parenting. If you don't give a shit about your child, don't have high expectations out of them. Way to go stupid Korean dad.

Hitting someone 200 + times with a cane isn't discipline. It's fucking 'em up for pissing you off.

I'm not looking forward to the day which may eventually come where my kid makes me mad enough to want to smack him, but common sense dictates if you love your kid... you won't beat him half to death with a fucking cudgel.

Having been a mental health grad student at one point I can tell you that no research shows that corporal punishment nearly performs as well as properly applied non-violent behavior modification. HOWEVER, most people aren't behavioral psychologists and most everyone is going to have a kid eventually. Those kids will undoubtedly do bad things and will be conditioned differently based on lot's of things, not just their parents. Sometimes, you may just have to smack 'em for acting like little assholes.

200 times with a cane? That's fucking retarded, and that kid isn't going to learn a god damned thing other than when you get mad enough, it's okay to beat the shit out of someone.
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Comment

I agree with Chris here... 200 is such an excessive number and I wonder who did the counting...???

Beating a child is unacceptable... smacking however is sometimes the only way to get the message across that something is naughty/wrong... and before you come down hard on me have you ever tried reasoning with a 2,3,4 year old... as they get older you dont need to smack as you can talk to them and discuss things...
      "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
      People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
      Affirm Strength
      Hold Resolve
      Expect Death - read in a book

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shadowdh

Comment

"Come here boy."
        *smack*
        "What was that for?"
        "Just in case."

:new_micro

While 200 times is excessive, I find it odd that most people here think that general corporal punishment is ok (smacking your kid once or twice). Maybe it's the MA background? I was under the impression that most people nowadays are against or afraid to hit their children.

Comment

Originally posted by Janeiro
          Summary: Dad beats son for misbehaving with cane, hits him like 200+ times and gets arrested. He claims that he didn't know it was illegal
          A close friend of mine growing up had a father like that. Her parents where from Korea, he was also a Vietnam vet. He did crazy shit to punish her like holding her down and cutting off all her hair for having friends over when he wasn't home.
          She left the house while arguing w/ him once and he followed her to a diner. Went in , grabbed a full pot of fresh coffee from a waitress and threw it on her, burning her, and tried to drag her out. When the cops came he was shocked. He had no idea this type of behavior was illegal in America, he had been doing things like that for 18 years to his kids.

Comment

I'm not condoning what was done. But I am not hyper PC about child abuse either.

My parents really didn't hit me when I was growing up. My mom whooped my ass with about 20 spankings one time when I really messed up as a 10 year old. I think my dad slapped my face once when I really messed up. But other than that there was nuthin...

...until...

I was about 15 and really really really fucked up. It wasnt that I did something wrong. I honestly think we started arguing about homework of all things, which I never did. And it escalated into me disrespecting him real real bad. And then I thought I was a bad ass and didnt have to listen to his shit anymore and started a fight.

He busted my face open, gave me a concussion, put me on a bus at 2am and sent me to live with my mom. I should have known better, my dad is a legitimate bad ass. But I really had no fear of him because he never really put his hand down.

...and I deserved it. Child abuse? Hardly. I started the fight. He finished it.

What I am saying is that SOMETIMES things get outta hand, and you need a baseline. Kids today act with impuntiy, they can get away with anything, and know there are no repercussions. If way way way back in their mind they remember dad taking a belt to their ass for killin the neighbors cat, its probably a good bet he's remember it and know dad is serious. But today I see kids on talk shows talking mad shit to their parents, no respect, no fear, and certainly no discipline. If mom walked up and punched that kid in the face I wonder if that kids expression and attitude would change.

Im not saying whooop your kids ass with a cane 200 times. But if you find out your son just raped some neighborhood 7 year old girl....would it be entirely out of order NOT to whoop his ass 200 times with a cane? And I am not saying punch your kid in the face if he doesn't do his homework. But if he disrespects you, cusses you out, and starts a fight with you...would it be out of order to punch him in the face?

Comment

I like the way youre thinking there Yrkoon... totally right too... todays kids get too many rights and too little respnsibility...
              "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
              People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
              Affirm Strength
              Hold Resolve
              Expect Death - read in a book

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shadowdh

Comment

Where was that kid beat 200 times? Ass?

Why has this thread this icon?
                "The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." -Thomas Jefferson - (purposefully taken out of its context) Source.

Comment

The Dad is a panzy for hitting a kid with a cane. I would have used a baseball bat. Now THERE'S a man's weapon.

Seriously, I've been spanked as a kid, but never beat. I remember some bad spankings, but thsoe were because I really deserved them. And it wasn't because of the quanity of the spanking, but the quality, how hard I got spanked. My ass was sore for the entire day. :(

PL

Comment

I was beaten. I should probably describe it to clarify.

Exploded nose. Not broken, but so much blood all over the place it looked like someone got shot. Busted lip. Small cut under eye. Small mouse accompanied cut. Many bruises all over arms, body, and head. Several large lumps on my skull. A mild concussion.

I remember the incident quite well. It started sooo fuckin simply. I was fuckin up in school AS USUAL. I was a terrible kid. Drugs, fights, suspensions, etc. I was going to alternative school, which meant my dad had to drive me. In short, I was fuckin up and he was paying the price.

I had to do some homework in a class or I would fail. Normally not a big deal but because of all the trouble, I had weekly meeting with counselors and teachers who would outline my workload and had the weekly progress report that my dad had to sign. And he was sick of me slacking. So it was time to do homework. I said that it was a proven fact under scientific study that listening to music while studying helps improve memory. He disagreed. I told him he didn't know what he was talking about. This went on til I cussed him. He walked away. I taunted him. He came back. I started started talking mad shit. He looked like he was gonna do something so I punched him in the face.

When I say 'punched' what I mean is I wound up and threw a right hand that started at one side of the room and ended up on his face. I call it a sledgehammer right hand. In the past this punch dropped anybody it connected with. It did not have the intended effect on its target. In fact, I don't remember him blinking. He stood there.

I was kinda shocked he didnt just fall to the ground. But it wasn't my first dance, I knew I had to keep goin. I tried to kick him. I dunno why I tried to kick him. I just did. He grabbed my foot and hoisted me in the air.

This is where things got fuzzy. He threw me across the room and I landed on this little chair/loveseat in the corner upside down. I tried to get up real fast to throw some punches but things just didnt go my way. I knew I got hit, but wasnt sure when/where/how. I knew he punched me in the stomach. But I really couldnt 'feel' it, all the energy just left my body and I tried to slump to the ground. He wasnt gonna let that happen and picked me up and kept hittin me. This part is vague, because he slammed my head into the wall. Mighta been the concussion there. Not sure.

I remember him telling me to pack my stuff. I remember sitting there for a few minutes. Then I remember being at the bus station.

Now that's a beating.

Was it child abuse? Oh I'm sure that child advocates would have him put in the electrical chair and me in years of therapy trying to tell me its not my fault. Im sure when the cops arrive today and arrest that mom who slapped her kid at Walmart for causing a scene would surely have shot my dad on sight if they got a look at me. And Im sure that a judge today would have awarded me 50 billion dollars for my suffering.

But the simple fact is, that beating is what I deserved. And I deserved it a long time before I got it. Had my dad handed that beating out at 10 instead of 15 there is a good chance I wouldn't have fucked my life up. There is a good chance I woulda listened to him instead of trying to fight him at every turn. There is a good chance I wouldnt have spent 14-15 trying to be the worst possible kid ever conceived.

Honestly it took a couple of years for that beating to sink it. I resented the shit out of him for it. We have only mentioned it maybe twice in the 18 years after the incident. And we really dont need to. Because he was right and I was wrong.

Sure I feel bad for those kids with cigarette burns and psychological scars from abusive parents. But I feel just as bad for those kids who never learned any form of respect or simple fear of consequence, who will have to find out later you don't carry that childhood shield of impunity forever. Eventually you will be accountable in all forms of life. And when you act the fool, talk the shit, and be the fuck up you were as a kid you get fired from your job, go to jail, or get shot. End of fucking story.

Comment

Originally posted by Yrkoon9
                      I was beaten. I should probably describe it to clarify.

Exploded nose. Not broken, but so much blood all over the place it looked like someone got shot. Busted lip. Small cut under eye. Small mouse accompanied cut. Many bruises all over arms, body, and head. Several large lumps on my skull. A mild concussion.

I remember the incident quite well. It started sooo fuckin simply. I was fuckin up in school AS USUAL. I was a terrible kid. Drugs, fights, suspensions, etc. I was going to alternative school, which meant my dad had to drive me. In short, I was fuckin up and he was paying the price.

I had to do some homework in a class or I would fail. Normally not a big deal but because of all the trouble, I had weekly meeting with counselors and teachers who would outline my workload and had the weekly progress report that my dad had to sign. And he was sick of me slacking. So it was time to do homework. I said that it was a proven fact under scientific study that listening to music while studying helps improve memory. He disagreed. I told him he didn't know what he was talking about. This went on til I cussed him. He walked away. I taunted him. He came back. I started started talking mad shit. He looked like he was gonna do something so I punched him in the face.

When I say 'punched' what I mean is I wound up and threw a right hand that started at one side of the room and ended up on his face. I call it a sledgehammer right hand. In the past this punch dropped anybody it connected with. It did not have the intended effect on its target. In fact, I don't remember him blinking. He stood there.

I was kinda shocked he didnt just fall to the ground. But it wasn't my first dance, I knew I had to keep goin. I tried to kick him. I dunno why I tried to kick him. I just did. He grabbed my foot and hoisted me in the air.

This is where things got fuzzy. He threw me across the room and I landed on this little chair/loveseat in the corner upside down. I tried to get up real fast to throw some punches but things just didnt go my way. I knew I got hit, but wasnt sure when/where/how. I knew he punched me in the stomach. But I really couldnt 'feel' it, all the energy just left my body and I tried to slump to the ground. He wasnt gonna let that happen and picked me up and kept hittin me. This part is vague, because he slammed my head into the wall. Mighta been the concussion there. Not sure.

I remember him telling me to pack my stuff. I remember sitting there for a few minutes. Then I remember being at the bus station.

Now that's a beating.

Was it child abuse? Oh I'm sure that child advocates would have him put in the electrical chair and me in years of therapy trying to tell me its not my fault. Im sure when the cops arrive today and arrest that mom who slapped her kid at Walmart for causing a scene would surely have shot my dad on sight if they got a look at me. And Im sure that a judge today would have awarded me 50 billion dollars for my suffering.

But the simple fact is, that beating is what I deserved. And I deserved it a long time before I got it. Had my dad handed that beating out at 10 instead of 15 there is a good chance I wouldn't have fucked my life up. There is a good chance I woulda listened to him instead of trying to fight him at every turn. There is a good chance I wouldnt have spent 14-15 trying to be the worst possible kid ever conceived.

Honestly it took a couple of years for that beating to sink it. I resented the shit out of him for it. We have only mentioned it maybe twice in the 18 years after the incident. And we really dont need to. Because he was right and I was wrong.

Sure I feel bad for those kids with cigarette burns and psychological scars from abusive parents. But I feel just as bad for those kids who never learned any form of respect or simple fear of consequence, who will have to find out later you don't carry that childhood shield of impunity forever. Eventually you will be accountable in all forms of life. And when you act the fool, talk the shit, and be the fuck up you were as a kid you get fired from your job, go to jail, or get shot. End of fucking story.
                      After reading that, I don't think I'm ever going to hit my dad no matter what.

Comment

Hit? Never. Grapple? Frequently. :) Lose? Almost always. :(

One time I DID get a triangle on him, and his face was turning red, but he refused to tap. I got scared and let him go. He said he was about to overpower my hold with his hands and push my legs apart. Hahahahaha

PL

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X