X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro Nobones
    replied
    Originally posted by charmin
    Woo. Once I find myself a walmart in this country, I'm gonna pad MY ENTIRE HOUSE. Just.. no walmarts here. Still, somewhere must sell the same mats.

you can order them through wal mart's website!

Leave a comment:

• charmin
    replied
    Woo. Once I find myself a walmart in this country, I'm gonna pad MY ENTIRE HOUSE. Just.. no walmarts here. Still, somewhere must sell the same mats.

Leave a comment:

• Maestro Nobones
    replied
    I just went to wal mart, and in the sports section they had some black mat, $17 for 6 pieces (plus edging). I bought two packs, and am gonna go buy two more so I can fill in the whole living room floor.

the mats are KICK ASS. Just cushy enough to make you not bruise up the elbows and knees, but dense enough to still know it when you hit the ground. Each section is 2ft.x2ft. Slick surface, good for spinning and sliding. Wow, what a fucking bargain. And it's industrial matting, meant to have heavy equipment sit on it, so it's not gonna tear up any time soon I bet.

Leave a comment:

• En
    replied
    $20 for a pack of 4 mats.
    Economical!

Wal-mart has cheap rashguards too. God, that place is equiment heaven.

Leave a comment:

• Loxocemidae
    replied
    excuses.

Leave a comment:

• charmin
    replied
    Because we practice traditional Okinawan mat-fu. 90% of fights end up on mats, because they hurt more than lava and broken glass. Still liking those walmart mats, but thats still $180 for 3 x 3...

Edit: is that $20 for one mat, or for a set?

Leave a comment:

• Loxocemidae
    replied
    psssh, why do you need mats anyways? all you need is a good concrete floor.

I thought you were martial artists, not fairies.

Leave a comment:

• Maestro Nobones
    replied
    Originally posted by Yrkoon9
    I'll bet if you showed up behind a flooring/carpet store around 2am with a pickup truck you can dig up a bunch of carpet scraps and specifically the carpet foam padding for free.

Put a layer of foam and carpet under those Walmart mats and I bet you could do throws or whatever you want with em.

that's a good call, we just brought home two packs of the walmart mats (they had black ones for $17 in the sports dept) and though we weren't planning on doing any throws really, these are just for light rolling at home.

Leave a comment:

• Yrkoon9
    replied
    I'll bet if you showed up behind a flooring/carpet store around 2am with a pickup truck you can dig up a bunch of carpet scraps and specifically the carpet foam padding for free.

Put a layer of foam and carpet under those Walmart mats and I bet you could do throws or whatever you want with em.

Leave a comment:

• Maestro Nobones
    replied
    holy crap, I'm gonna go to wal mart today and check out those $20 mats !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Fields
    replied
    Hit up your local high schools and see if you can come by a used wrestling mat. In our club we use zebra mats on top of a sprung floor, but for home use wrestling mats work nice and you can often pick a 10x10 up for almost nothing.

Aaron Fields

Leave a comment:

• charmin
    replied
    Those cheapo zebra mats are definitely in my price range, thanks.

Anyone that recommended Swain needs to go back and read where I mentioned MONEY, and the fact that I don't breathe it. Christ.

Leave a comment:

• Zing!
    replied
    At the school gym we've got Swain and they're t3h sh1zn1t. I've done a little on them and there are some bjj guys who roll religiously on them and they're none the worse for wear.

Leave a comment:

• antonanton
    replied
    I have some swain mats that are amazing- they're expensive as fuck but they're worth saving up the money for- every penny!
    http://swainsportsintl.com/f_flooring.htm

Leave a comment:

• Memnoch1207
    replied
    I got my mats from HERE

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X