Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

liberals growing some balls

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    liberals growing some balls

    Same sex marriage ruling in California

    I working on a list of liberals with balls. It's been a small list since Lyndon Johnson died. The Democratic / liberal judges of California are fiercely defending one of the few corners of progressivism left: civil rights.

    "The state's protracted denial of equal protection cannot be justified simply because such constitutional violation has become traditional," Judge Richard Kramer, San Francisco County Court wrote. "Simply put, same-sex marriage cannot be prohibited solely because California has always done so before."
    There are, of course, some hurt feelings regarding the matter ...

    Originally posted by Self-Appointed Spokesman for God, Asshole McJerkoff
    "For a single judge to rule there is no conceivable purpose for preserving marriage as one man and one woman is mind-boggling," said Liberty Counsel President Mathew Staver, whose group represents the Campaign for California Families
    It's called Marbury vs. Madison, which gives the courts the right to review the Constitutionality of laws. It's a cornerstone of our legal system and one of the most cited, venerated and time-honored traditions in our government. You might try reading about it at your local library, if you happen to be there with your panties in a twist burning all the fag books and protecting the children.

    Originally posted by CNN
    The two groups opposed to gay marriage rights -- The Campaign for California Families and the Proposition 22 Legal Defense and Education Fund -- argued that California has a legitimate interest in restricting marriage to opposite-sex couples as a way of encouraging procreation.
    I have to admire the person that can say that loud and not crack up. "Honey, I'm not gay and I wasn't cheating on you. I just have sex with a man once a month to remind myself that I don't like it." Procreation needs to be encouraged like O2 to CO2 conversion needs to be encouraged. They're such big fans of God, why don't they let Him handle it?

    I feel a just and righteous fight coming on.
    I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

    - Hedgehoney

    #2
    Should a gay couple have the same adoption rights as a straight couple?

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Deadchef
      Should a gay couple have the same adoption rights as a straight couple?
      IMO, no. i'm not homophobic or anything, i don't care if two guys want to marry each other and pack their fudges all night long, i actually fail to see how it concerns anybody else than themselves. BUT, if they adopt a child, that child may (and probably will) not have a normal psychological developpement, for obvious reasons.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by qwerty123
        IMO, no. i'm not homophobic or anything, i don't care if two guys want to marry each other and pack their fudges all night long, i actually fail to see how it concerns anybody else than themselves. BUT, if they adopt a child, that child may (and probably will) not have a normal psychological developpement, for obvious reasons.
        Make hs marriage legal and this will be their next battle.

        How about a man who wants to mary 2,3, or 4 women. This is where it will all lead.

        Do I think a gay couple should be able to share insurance, visit hospitals, get tax credit, etc? Yes. I could care less.


        Do I think a straight couple should have to wait behind a gay couple when adopting a child? Fuck No.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Deadchef
          Should a gay couple have the same adoption rights as a straight couple?
          Yes, by all means. Why wouldn't they?

          Make hs marriage legal and this will be their next battle.
          Good. That's what we call "taking the fight to the enemy."

          How about a man who wants to mary 2,3, or 4 women. This is where it will all lead.
          It hasn't so far, in Vermont or in Massachusetts. It didn't when interracial marriage was legalized, and many critics of it then said the same thing.

          Do I think a gay couple should be able to share insurance, visit hospitals, get tax credit, etc? Yes. I could care less.
          Good. This is a start.

          Do I think a straight couple should have to wait behind a gay couple when adopting a child? Fuck No.
          Yeah, straights really have the market cornered on sound marriages and child-rearing (HA!) skills. Why is it that people demand that homosexuals be held to a standard the heterosexuals themselves cannot possibly achieve?
          I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

          - Hedgehoney

          Comment


            #6
            I don't understand this talk of "Protecting the sancitity of marriage".
            Wouldn't divorce be a better target if they really cared?

            You think a child will have abnormal psychological development with two same-sex parents? What about children being raised by single parents? What about kids raised in orphanages? What about kids raised by distant relatives because their mothers are crack addicts and their dads left a long time ago?

            Let's face the facts. Opponenets of gay marriage oppose it because the religious conservatives have made it into a political crusade. Notice that the Bible says a lot of seriously fucked up things - like condoining incest, yet people take one tiny part of out of it that may or may not have anything to do with homosexuality and make it into a giant political issue.

            You know, the Bible, "The world of God", was also used to condone slavery. And the Inquisition. And the Crusades. And you know what else? Muslims use the Koran, which is derived from Christianity, to justify their terrorism.

            Should you Christians be disgusted that your faith is being perverted for political purposes?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by afronaut
              Yes, by all means. Why wouldn't they?



              Yup...I would have loved to grow up in a home with my 2 Dads porkin each other in the other room. Imagine walkin in on that one. Imagine the kid being told that what daddy and daddy were doing is normal. It's not, no matter which way you slice it. Do you honestly feel that it is in the child's best interest.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by afronaut



                It hasn't so far, in Vermont or in Massachusetts. It didn't when interracial marriage was legalized, and many critics of it then said the same thing.



                ?

                Give it time...what will you say when it does?

                Comment


                  #9
                  You know what opposing gay marriage is? it's fucking Bullshido.
                  A claim made without demonstratable proof. A claim made because history or custom dictates that it must be the 'correct' way.

                  Did you know that homosexuality wasn't even defined until the industrial age? Very often, in feudal societies (at least in asian countries), men would take up with men, women with women and they would switch back and forth. Of course, the majority of people stuck with what we would call heterosexual relationships. Homosexuality was not stigmatized in these societies, perhaps because of the lack of the christian influence.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Deadchef
                    Yup...I would have loved to grow up in a home with my 2 Dads porkin each other in the other room. Imagine walkin in on that one. Imagine the kid being told that what daddy and daddy were doing is normal. It's not, no matter which way you slice it. Do you honestly feel that it is in the child's best interest.
                    I know that was supposed to be funny and that was a very good try.

                    What's wrong with two guys having sex? And kids stumble in on their parents having sex and it's pretty upsetting, hilarious, embarassing for them but they deal.

                    It is normal. They're just dudes having sex with other dudes.

                    And yes, having two loving committed parents is the best thing for any child. Two guys, two girls, straight couple -- doesn't matter.

                    Just so you know who psychologically transparent your objection is, why is it that the image of two guys fucking popped into your head? I was talking about marriage and adoption and parenting. You're the one who can't stop thinking about hot, hot cocks.

                    And why not talking about the moral corruption of two women having sex while their kids sleep down the hall? Is it cuz gay men make you feel all icky and lesbians are hot?

                    Also, is it the act itself that is the problem? If straight couple engage in anal sex or cunnilingus, does that mean they are unfit parents? Or is it the intrinsic moral degeneracy of the homosexual?
                    I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

                    - Hedgehoney

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by En
                      You know what opposing gay marriage is? it's fucking Bullshido.
                      A claim made without demonstratable proof. A claim made because history or custom dictates that it must be the 'correct' way.

                      Can 2 men or 2 women make a baby? I guess nature disagrees with you.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        And what the fuck does polygamy have to do with it? Polygamy is illegal in every state. Marriage is not. What banning gay marriage does is deny a right that heterosexuals have to homosexuals.

                        You seem to see this as an assult on your precious idea of marriage and that 'TEH EVIL GAYS' are set out on a crusade to ruin marriage for America. Why not confess that you find homosexuality to be disgusing and vile and that you despise the gay community? At least you'll be truthful to yourself and acknowledge that your antagonism stems from your hatred of a group of people and not some rightous cause to preserve "The sanctity of marriage".

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by afronaut
                          I know that was supposed to be funny and that was a very good try.

                          What's wrong with two guys having sex? And kids stumble in on their parents having sex and it's pretty upsetting, hilarious, embarassing for them but they deal.

                          It is normal. They're just dudes having sex with other dudes.

                          And yes, having two loving committed parents is the best thing for any child. Two guys, two girls, straight couple -- doesn't matter.

                          Just so you know who psychologically transparent your objection is, why is it that the image of two guys fucking popped into your head? I was talking about marriage and adoption and parenting. You're the one who can't stop thinking about hot, hot cocks.

                          And why not talking about the moral corruption of two women having sex while their kids sleep down the hall? Is it cuz gay men make you feel all icky and lesbians are hot?

                          Also, is it the act itself that is the problem? If straight couple engage in anal sex or cunnilingus, does that mean they are unfit parents? Or is it the intrinsic moral degeneracy of the homosexual?

                          THis is a great post.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Deadchef
                            Can 2 men or 2 women make a baby? I guess nature disagrees with you.
                            We're not talking about procreation, we're talking about marriage. No shit homosexuals can't biologically concieve children. But does that mean that they should be denied a right that other Americans have?

                            And, for your information, animals, IN NATURE, demonstrate homosexual behavior on a fairly common basis.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by En

                              You seem to see this as an assult on your precious idea of marriage and that 'TEH EVIL GAYS' are set out on a crusade to ruin marriage for America. Why not confess that you find homosexuality to be disgusing and vile and that you despise the gay community? At least you'll be truthful to yourself and acknowledge that your antagonism stems from your hatred of a group of people and not some rightous cause to preserve "The sanctity of marriage".

                              Why do you think I despise gay people? I had a gay uncle when I was growing up. He was a wonderful person. We frequently went to broadway shows, opera, ballet. This has carried on until my adult years. When courting my wife, she was impressed with my willingness to take her to a ballet. He died when I was about 16 years old from aids. It was one of the worst moments of my life. I loved the man. Why does my disagreeing with gay adoption have to be translated into me despising homosexuals?

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X