Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IDF declares open season on dorks (this means you, Wounded Ronin). . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDF declares open season on dorks (this means you, Wounded Ronin). . .

If you're a nerd in the Israeli Defense Force, looks like your days are numbered:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...052074,00.html

Jeez, what next? Yanking a guy's clearance because he plays Halo? Sending someone to Mental Health because he bought the 'Lord of the Rings' box-set? Apparently, the Israeli military hasn't figured out that you need the nerds and dorks just to keep the computer networks up and running, not to mention filling just about every slot in the intel units. When the IDF email system crashes, they'll wish they had a few more flakes around to remedy the situation.

All I can say is, they can have my Dungeon Master's Guide when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

:XXknight:
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Yeah, but look on the bright side. When your tour of duty is over, you'll get pot to treat combat shock. :)

Comment

By that logic, reading fiction books and watching non-documentary movies should give you a low clearance.

Hell, if you ever DAY DREAM you should get a low clearance.

PL

Comment

The IDF are insane. Not for this reason, but for oh so many others.
        A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Comment

Wow. Jewish people really ARE tight.

Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
          I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
          what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vargas
              If you're a nerd in the Israeli Defense Force, looks like your days are numbered:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...052074,00.html

Jeez, what next? Yanking a guy's clearance because he plays Halo? Sending someone to Mental Health because he bought the 'Lord of the Rings' box-set? Apparently, the Israeli military hasn't figured out that you need the nerds and dorks just to keep the computer networks up and running, not to mention filling just about every slot in the intel units. When the IDF email system crashes, they'll wish they had a few more flakes around to remedy the situation.

All I can say is, they can have my Dungeon Master's Guide when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

:XXknight:

That's really hilarious, considering how much I hear about people in the US military playing D&D.

Heh heh, I guess it's time for me to hide from the IDF. ;)
              Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if religion was seen as a sign of detachment from reality. ;)
                I'm not drowning my sorrows, I'm preserving them in alcohol.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X