Blad3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blad3

Just curious how your MMA training is coming after the UK Throwdown debacle.
    Where did you decide to train? Under who?

Cheers.

He is gone.

Do some research.

Comment

I saw he kind of whimpered out, but I didn't see some declaration that he was leaving.

edit: Nevermind, found it.

Still, I'm sure he lurks. Maybe he could quickly post and update us. I'm curious if the beating he received from everyone else on this forum was enough to spur him into action and actually start training in real life, or if it's just more of the same.
      Last edited by Monkeyassor; 3/10/2005 4:24pm, .

Comment

Ugh,
        I can dig the link out for you if you REALLY want it but can you not just take my word?
        He has gone.

Comment

He is gone. I have chatlogs if you want them, but it seems I'm breaking the therapist-patient privilege if I post them.

Comment

Did he have some kind of breakdown?

I just wonder what the the aftermath is of him going from "I'm a good beginning MMA practitioner" to "I admit I lied and don't know anything." Did he decide to actually learn something? Did it crush him when it fell apart? Is he doing it on another message board?

Comment

Its a shame he didn't come to the second UK throwdown.

I know I've improved a bit, and I really hope that he has.

I'll be happy if he turns up to the next one and owns us all.
              Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

Is he at least 18 years old? (I'm updating our records)

Comment

I think he was 17 at the time of the last throwdown.

Originally posted by Stickx
                  It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
                  Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Comment

He is gone, and with internet troubles too. One of you wankers should give him a call and see what's up.
                    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Tom is OK in my book. So he made a few embellishments - big deal. I did it all the time in the name of meeting girls. He turned up to a throwdown and wasn't as good as some people thought he should have been given his talk. That's hardly a crime.

I hear he's saving up to do a year or two in Japan in one of the hardcore dojos there. He's going to come back with scars and a fight record and shit. He'll have a page on Sherdog soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Beneath Contempt
                        I hear he's saving up to do a year or two in Japan in one of the hardcore dojos there. He's going to come back with scars and a fight record and shit. He'll have a page on Sherdog soon.
                        This bit isn't true. I made all that up.

Comment

WHA-WHA-WHAT????
                          Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

Session Start ([email protected]:Blad3): Thu Jan 27 15:16:42 2005
                            Blad3: Hello
                            Blad3: Blad3 here
                            Aesopian: Heyo.
                            Blad3: anything you want to talk about then?
                            Aesopian: I thought it would be better to talk to you "in person" rather than over the forum.
                            Blad3: yeah it usually is
                            Aesopian: Do you see what I am getting at on the forum though?
                            Blad3: kind of, if there's anything in particular you want to say....to point out...
                            Aesopian: First, off what are your reasons for taking this long to finally really get started?
                            Aesopian: In training, I mean.
                            Blad3: yeah
                            Blad3: So basically I started MMA classes when I was in college still
                            Blad3: That was the only class I wanted to go to or make.
                            Blad3: It was once a week on Saturdays at 2PM.
                            Blad3: The main reason is probably because I used to get to bed late, and wake up at like 2PM, this was a common occurance for me, believe it or not
                            Blad3: I can't say that college work was a factor because I didn't do any
                            Blad3: I didn't want to train anywhere else, and I only had the money to train once.
                            Blad3: Then take out all the times I missed because I used to get ill frequently, not that badly, but if I started to train at home I would over-train, make myself ill, then not train.
                            Blad3: This went on for like 1.5 years
                            Blad3: THEN the lesson moved to 12PM.
                            Blad3: This was even more difficult for me to make.
                            Blad3: I dropped out of college, and basically did more of the things I prefered, like watch movies and play games, again I would stay up late and wouldn't wake up in time for, or would be too tired for training.
                            Blad3: ALSO bare in mind that it was an MMA<<< class, you only learn abit of everything, and there are far better places to learn each art seperately.
                            Blad3: I then started a little bit of BJJ (2003-2004), because I wanted to get better at each art before going back to the MMA class (I haven't been back since)
                            Blad3: I learnt nothing in BJJ, as I trained infrequently and without a Gi - none of the places liked this, I don't think, so I learnt nothing no-gi specific.
                            Blad3: Then the BJJ place moved, and months after I started, infreuently, at a new one, with the same results.
                            Blad3: I left, and looked for a new place.
                            Blad3: Then mid last year I started at the submission grappling place - perfect for my grappling, I made a plan to start of WELL and attend reuglarly, but I could only afford once a week really. I missed a few weeks of that, then when I came back I injured my neck. This put me out for three months with one training. That was the result you saw on the Bullshido clip.
                            Blad3: In bewteen those times I'd spend far more time watching MMA than doing it, I tried to properly learn (as I hadn't yet) some moves from just watching MMA and intructionals, then testing them out in BJJ sparring (this was before the submission grappling), I only really starte dlearning at the new SG place, of which I had had only a few lessons. I had idea's about how to do moves, but didn't know....
                            Blad3: how to do very many of them properly as the results of infrequently, fragmented training.
                            Blad3: In summary: I was consistently in a bad sleep pattern and didn't make sure I could make the class times. This is because I didn't and still don't have a job. If I did I would have money to train more, and that's what I'm lookign for now, finally.
                            Blad3: (a Job)
                            Blad3: +plus lot's of illness.
                            Blad3: You asked for it
                            Blad3: you got it.
                            Blad3: so?
                            Blad3: oh yeah and I love movies, games and other things more than MA, although I still really like MA/MMA..
                            Blad3: I also find trainign hard as I'm geeky and unathletic.
                            Blad3: I'm actually going to get a possibly long-time throat problem I've been having. It's quite bad.
                            Blad3: Also I had diet changes liek vegetarian, vegan etc, not sure if I did them properly either, at first. Thought I was but in the end I probably wasn't...
                            Blad3: (veg for 2.5 years and vegan for nearly three)
                            Blad3: changed now tho ^
                            Blad3: Now I'm trainign more than ever
                            Blad3: by far.
                            Blad3: u there?
                            Blad3: btw the sleep pattern thing is quite serious - especially when u have no responsibility, it difficult to get out of. I'm getting out of one now.
                            Blad3: *it's
                            Blad3: asked pizdoff I used to be up at like 5am everyday on bullshido.
                            Blad3: are u there?
                            Aesopian: Sorry, my boss is working on my computer.
                            Blad3: ok
                            Aesopian: OK, read all you said.
                            Aesopian: What do you attribute your bad health to?
                            Aesopian: Insufficient sleep, for one, it would seem.
                            Blad3: yes, asthma and and the worst thing of all
                            Blad3: dad's smoking
                            Blad3: I smell of smoke and I;ve never even tried it before in my life
                            Blad3: (smoking)
                            Aesopian: Gotcha.
                            Aesopian: Do you plan on doing anything to fix all of this, or are you content to just say "Oh I'm lazy and irresponisble, the end"?
                            Blad3: I hope i dont have a really bad throat infection or worse
                            Blad3: I've fixed it already
                            Blad3: well
                            Blad3: almost
                            Blad3: the job = more training
                            Blad3: to reiterate there's other thing's I do other than MA.
                            Aesopian: I have a fulltime job and can't train on the weekends.
                            Aesopian: And I still get in 8-10 hours.
                            Aesopian: So it can be done.
                            Blad3: yes i'm planning 4 time a week grappling and once- twice a wekk MT, I'll build up to it first
                            Blad3: *week
                            Blad3: When I have the money
                            Blad3: There are other thind's, in terms of skill, that I need to improve on other than MA ;)
                            Blad3: tbh now I train to get in good shape more than anything too.
                            Blad3: and because I like grappling of course
                            Blad3: ^ wait that sound's weird lol, especially after having put the wink smiley...
                            Aesopian: Kinky.
                            Blad3: ;)
                            Blad3: so r u ok now?
                            Blad3: enlightened?
                            Aesopian: Somewhat.
                            Blad3: anything else just say...
                            Blad3: ask anything, tell me whatever, if you feel like making fun do that too. Be honest
                            Aesopian: I'm not hear to make fun of you, so don't worry about that.
                            Blad3: I'm not worried, I just want u to sort out whatever it is you want to sort out...
                            Aesopian: The main thing I recommend is just making a decision and stick to it, and not letting all these stupid problems get in your way.
                            Blad3: True
                            Blad3: I have
                            Blad3: u caught me at the beggining
                            Aesopian: I understand all the issues you've had, but I've seen people with MUCH worse who got through it.
                            Aesopian: I know a one-legged guy in BJJ/MT.
                            Aesopian: I don't know how he does it.
                            Aesopian: But he does.
                            Blad3: My problems are nothing
                            Blad3: they aren't even problems apart from my throat and fatigue
                            Blad3: they're reasons
                            Blad3: it;s what happened
                            Blad3: they aren't problems for me.
                            Blad3: If they were I;d be depressed or something
                            Aesopian: I'm looking at this from the viewpoint that you actually want to train.
                            Blad3: yeah I do
                            Aesopian: And listing poop sleep, watching TV and playing games, and general laziness as reasons not to, are just shit reasons.
                            Blad3: I understand what I'm doing now
                            Aesopian: poop?
                            Aesopian: wtf
                            Aesopian: poor
                            Blad3: lol
                            Blad3: er
                            Blad3: u don't understand
                            Blad3: they aren't excuses, they're reasons. I love movies and video games, I spend most my time watching / playing, that's what I do. WHen I have a job I'll do more watching movies and playing games.
                            Blad3: I also like MA and espcially fitness now, I just need to get to the lessons regularly after I start work and have the money.
                            Blad3: but not as as much as movies.
                            Blad3: I mean I could possibly train like 10 times a week or somethign ridiculous like that, but I can't because other thing's come first.
                            Blad3: I mean I run and lift almost everyday, don't get me wrong...
                            Blad3: not much because I simply can't
                            Aesopian: OK.
                            Aesopian: I think you'll benefit from some serious training, especially if you get a teacher who really busts your balls.
                            Blad3: this is the one
                            Blad3: the one I have now
                            Blad3: he actually cares a little, no other teahcer has really.
                            Aesopian: That will make a world of difference.
                            Aesopian: But one thing to understand is that many won't care unless YOU are putting in serious effort.
                            Blad3: it already helps, but really I know it's me who has to do it myself
                            Blad3: ^
                            Blad3: hehe
                            Blad3: see I do know
                            Aesopian: Right.
                            Aesopian: My instructor won't take you seriously if you don't put some drive into your training.
                            Aesopian: But when you do, he's entirely behind you.
                            Blad3: cool
                            Blad3: yeah i usually get so tired out at the beginning of the class, that by the end I have nothing left for sparring
                            Aesopian: That's normal for like the first month.
                            Blad3: I need to try and take it easier at the beginning, the intructor doesn't realy let me though, which is a good thing
                            Aesopian: It goes away.
                            Blad3: A month of proper training?
                            Blad3: no
                            Blad3: it wont
                            Blad3: it will take about 6
                            Blad3: for me
                            Aesopian: Alright.
                            Blad3: that's how bad shape I'm in, you won't understand (?) unless u saw me in training
                            Blad3: er
                            Blad3: hehe
                            Blad3: ( ? )
                            Blad3: Also I kind of lost any agression I had by training so little
                            Blad3: which is what u saw in the clip, I was relaxed and had nothing
                            Blad3: now i'm starting to get that back via training
                            Blad3: so what else do u like besides MA?
                            Blad3: anything?
                            Blad3: apart from girls of course
                            Blad3: or boys?
                            Blad3: :P
                            Aesopian: Movies, games, web design.
                            Blad3: ah
                            Aesopian: Nothing to dissimilar to you.
                            Blad3: interesting
                            Blad3: I love movies and games tho
                            Blad3: its what I want to do
                            Blad3: (meaning I'll be spending the rest of my life do nothing probably )
                            Blad3: apart from working my ass of at a job i don't like :D
                            Blad3: how many times a week do u train again?
                            Aesopian: 4-5.
                            Blad3: nice
                            Blad3: yeah that's what I'm planning now
                            Blad3: next step is a job and keeping the once a week up
                            Blad3: btw why do u care so much? Just out of interest? WHy exactly?
                            Aesopian: It went like this though: 1 per week until my body could do 2, then 2 until 3, then 4 when my body could do that, and 5 when a tournament was coming up.
                            Aesopian: And so I stuck with 4-5.
                            Blad3: yes ^ that's what im planning
                            Aesopian: Because I find BJJ to be one of the most rewarding things I have every done, and it pains me to see someone who doesn't really take it seriously just because they want to be lazy.
                            Blad3: oh no, I mean I do take it quite seriously
                            Aesopian: You should hear my instructor talk about BJJ.
                            Aesopian: You don't understand how important it can be.
                            Aesopian: His entire life is built on it.
                            Aesopian: We are all a bunch of slobs compared to him.
                            Blad3: it weasn't for the sake of being lazy, the "lazy" was just an all-including summary. What I was doign and my overall lifestyle could have been described as "lazy", I didn't want it to be tho...
                            Blad3: mine trains like three + times a day almost
                            Blad3: I mean :O
                            Blad3: he's ADCC
                            Blad3: got in to the ADCC "final" tournament, but got knocked out the first or second round I believe (lost by points I think.)
                            Aesopian: Sounds good. What's his name?
                            Blad3: Robert Sulski
                            Aesopian: What is he trained in?
                            Blad3: Yeah I mean for some it's their life, liek you say. I want to do the same with movies.
                            Blad3: ah
                            Blad3: he's trained in...
                            Blad3: some sambo, some shootwrestling, some BJJ (purple belt in 3 months, I know u'll think that's bullshit but believe what u want.) He know's his submission wrestling game well.
                            Blad3: "he's adcc"
                            Blad3: Been doing it for years
                            Blad3: he does wrestling too
                            Aesopian: I'm assuming the BJJ purple was AFTER a lot of other training.
                            Blad3: yes
                            Aesopian: Then it's not so crazy to believe.
                            Blad3: he had alot before that
                            Blad3: yep
                            Blad3: so what movies do u like?
                            Aesopian: That's a broad question.
                            Blad3: but for instance, although I try to catch the classics, I generally find that I prefer post 60s films, for their realism, more Stanislovski(sp) natural style of acting. The violence. They're more true to life.
                            Blad3: Althought they don't have to have violence
                            Blad3: ok scarp that
                            Blad3: There are a few late 60s that I like as much (The Graduate for example)
                            Blad3: scra*p
                            Blad3: prefer watching to talking about them tho
                            Aesopian: Go figure.
                            Aesopian: I don't have any special preference.
                            Blad3: k
                            Aesopian: I mean, the last two movies I saw and liked were like The Incredibles and The City of Lost Children.
                            Blad3: well after having like 2 years off and mainly watching movies, i gained somewhat of a preference
                            Blad3: The incredible was great, didn't see the City... I don't think...
                            Blad3: French?
                            Aesopian: Yes.
                            Blad3: ah maybe I did along time ago
                            Aesopian: Same director as Amelie.
                            Blad3: Aviator is great
                            Blad3: good film too ^
                            Blad3: *The aviator was great
                            Blad3: Yeah like everyday I try to watch something; it;s like my training :P
                            Blad3: ...or addiction
                            Aesopian: Do you plan on making films?
                            Blad3: which is why i said I'll be broke for the rest of my life
                            Blad3: and probably only get to make shorts
                            Blad3: but i'm trying.
                            Aesopian: Classic starving artist syndrome.
                            Blad3: lol
                            Session Close (Blad3): Thu Jan 27 17:01:09 2005

Session Start ([email protected]:Blad3): Thu Jan 27 17:11:21 2005
                            Blad3: btw u know www.imdb.com ?
                            Aesopian: Yes.
                            Blad3: k
                            Session Close (Blad3): Thu Jan 27 17:17:51 2005
                            Last edited by Aesopian; 3/11/2005 3:48pm, .

Comment

HEY I'M NOT A PROFESSIONAL BY ANY MEANS BUT,,,,,,,,,,, DICKHEAD

Blad3,
                              www.imdb.com
                              Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X