Soo Bahk Do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soo Bahk Do.

Anyone train in soo bahk do? I know 1 person who is a red belt in it. He is currently the president of our uni's club, which is taught by a 4th deg black belt. It sounds like some typical korean martial art bs to me, but I was just curious.

Soo Bahk Do is Tang Soo Do.
    Grand Master Kee translated some text (can't remember the name) and found a Manual to an early form of Korean Martial arts call Su Bahk. He then began to incorporate those techniques into Tang Soo Do, and also change the name of his art.

Politically, this also eliminated a non Korean reference, "Tang", from the name of his art.

In my experience, TSD schools tend to have less of the BS you find in TKD schools. I haven't seen many that call themselves Soo Bahk Do in the US.

Comment

Actually, I have been training in Soo Bahk Do for almost 13 years, and i am testing for my 3rd Dan in April.

Comment

My girlfriend's brother trains in this system. In the last couple years, I could not for the life of me find anything about it reguarding history, theory, principles, etc. What I did learn was that the head instructor at the school has given strict instructions to whomever was on door/phone duty when prospective students call or visit to "Get them in the school. Tell them whatever they want. If then ask about the price, just get them in the school." Of course, those words are probably not verbatim, but they are as close as my feeble mind will allow me to get at this moment.

mattkulma, you wouldn't happen to be training in Lakewood, would you?

Comment

yes i do actually

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X