Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WC vs Karate in Scandinavian MMA-style match (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WC vs Karate in Scandinavian MMA-style match (?)

I don't really have any information about this clip, except that it's from a danish NHB competition called Viking Fight. I just found it on my computer with the name WT vs Karate, and have thus far been unable to get any info about it.

Anyway, here's the link:

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...W1QYV8DDXK93JF

Enjoy.
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

This is great, funally a WC guy who wins, with a sloppy ass armbar, no less.

I love it how the audience is just cracking up throughout the fight.
    You say what about my rice?

Comment

He actually did some effective chain punches too!

There are actually quite a lot of progressive WC schools in scandinavia. For example, there's one in denmark that teaches submissioin wrestling and organises tournaments in said sport.
      Last edited by PoleFighter; 3/09/2005 6:05pm, .
      I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
      -Phil Elmore

Comment

Good to hear.
        Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Those looked more like hammer punches then 'chain-punches'. Nice jumping attacks tho. :)
          "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

Comment

Does anyone have any videos where Wing Chun practioners are getting owned? For as much shit you guys give them, I would assume there are plenty out there.

Comment

Did anyone else notice the karate guy's mount escape? The foot-in-armpit one?

Hehehe.
              sudo make me a sandwich!

Comment

He must cross-train in kung fu.

Comment

Originally posted by bullrog
                  Does anyone have any videos where Wing Chun practioners are getting owned? For as much shit you guys give them, I would assume there are plenty out there.
                  Haven't you seen "Fighting Black Kings"? Although they were probably the saddest excuse for Wing Chun, that was the style they were doing as the Kyokushin guys punched them in the chest until they quit.

Actually There are a couple of videos of Wing Chun guys losing in MMA matches (early events), but I'm sure there are quite a few vids of quite a few styles getting owned.
                  Jaguar's MMA record
                  pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
                  post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
                  - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Comment

It's nice to see a WC guy win of course, but I was a little surprised that he didn't seem to throw any elbows in when he got in close. Perhaps the rules forbade this.

Anybody know what rules they were fighting under ?

Comment

it obviously wasn't the REAL karate.
                      ;)

Comment

I can't get over how much the guy hopped around. The chain punches did seem a little more hammerfist-ish then actual vertical punches. The lack of both elbows and knees when in close does make it seem as if those were against the rules.

Overall, the guy did all right. He seemed to have more skill then the guy that lost...although both were pretty average/mediocre in skill.

What I really like, is when fighters are pulled apart, and they both walk around like they just owned the other guy...bowing up and all that. That's funny.

Comment

A little too slappy in the beginning, but he fixed that quickly.
                          He did overwhelm his opponent with the chain punches, and used that to set up a couple more powerful shots, which is the point of chain punches I think.
                          Watch him at 1:20, he kicks, followed by a couple chain punches, corners him, hits him a couple more times, tries for a take down. There where a couple traps/jams in there too. Not bad at all, glad to finally see an athletic and aggressive wing chun fighter.

Comment

Not to take away from the WC guy, but the dude in the white sucked. And I'm not usually comfortable saying that about anyone with how much I suck.

Comment

This looks more like a case of the guy in white just having zero skill than a WC guy being good.
                              "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X