Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ann Coulter callls Helen Thomas "Old Arab..."

http://www.freep.com/news/politics/t...e_20050308.htm

In her column, Ann Coulter was exonerating the presidential press club ringer,Jeff Gannon, who was caught red-handed asking friendly questions at a White House press briefing , she made the following remark.

" Press passes can't be that hard to come by if the White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the president."

The Middle Eastern papers and blogs have, for some odd reason, picked this up, as have Arab-Americans.

The right wing tries to paint her as senile. As Helen said in an address in MIT, "I censored myself for 50 years when I was a reporter," said Thomas, who is now a columnist for Hearst News Service. "Now I wake up and ask myself, 'Who do I hate today?'" Her short list of answers seems not to vary from war, President Bush, timid office-holders, a muffled press and cowed citizens, pretty much in that order. "I have never covered a president who actually wanted to go to war. Bush's policy of pre-emptive war is immoral - such a policy would legitimize Pearl Harbor. It's as if they learned none of the lessons from Vietnam,"

More Helen quotes:
    "Everything that's done by the government is done in your name. You are responsible whether you like it or not."

"My God, the man is a fascist -- a fascist, I tell you." (on Bush)

"I tell you, the woman is a monster, a monster, a monster. The lady is a goddamn liar." (on Condi Rice)

"I've covered nine presidents, all men, and I always believed that a woman could do their job, even better. It's not a question of muscle."

and check out this exchange with Ari Fleisher if you think she might be senile:
    http://www.antiwar.com/comment/helen.html

and here's an Helen Thomas interview:
    Q: This President has not had many press conferences. Do you think the Bush Administration values the opportunity to talk with the press?

Thomas: Hell, no. He's forced to. It's absolutely necessary because we are there in their face. But he doesn't hold enough news conferences. It's far short of anybody else. And when he appears with a head of state and they try to act like it's a news conference, it's not. He says, "I'll take two questions here and two questions on that side," and there's no follow-up. He gets mad if it is a two-part question. I mean, c'mon. The President of the United States should be able to answer any question, or at least dance around one. At some time--early and often--he should submit to questioning and be held accountable, because if you don't have that then you only have one side of the story. The Presidential news conference is the only forum in our society, the only institution, where a President can be questioned. If a leader is not questioned, he can rule by edict or executive order. He can be a king or a dictator. Who's to challenge him? We're there to pull his chain and to ask the questions that should be asked every day, for every move.

Q: Has President Bush given you a nickname?

Thomas: I'm sure it's profane, but I don't know what it is. I don't blame him for not liking me; I ask very tough questions. He doesn't have to like me. I would prefer that he respect me. We don't have to be liked. We didn't go into this business to be liked or loved. If we did, we're making a big mistake. It's not the point. You cannot have a democracy without an informed people.

Q: In a June 2003 column, you wrote that we should have an open mind while asking tough questions of the Bush Administration regarding its credibility on weapons of mass destruction. A year later, do you think the Bush Administration is losing credibility?

Thomas: Absolutely. Where are the weapons? Where's the smoking gun? Where's the mushroom cloud? Where's the imminent threat? Where was ever the threat? Are you kidding?
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

I sure do love Ann Coulter. She's like Molly Ivins only young, good-looking, and intelligent.
    People of integrity expect to be believed. When they're not, they let time prove them right.

Comment

Originally posted by Leodom
      I sure do love Ann Coulter. She's like Molly Ivins only young, good-looking, and intelligent.
      what ???

Comment

Young - thats relative. She is not youthful looking to me.

Good-looking - again, relative. To me she looks like warmed over shit with too much make-up.

Intelligent - you are revealing too much about your standards for "intelligence" here, Leo.

Coulter is pure blue state cosmopolitan yuppie bullshit - she just got rich appealing to neo-fascist sentiments.
        "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Comment

I knew that if I posted anything positive about Ann Coulter on this site I would get flamed. I need to become a liberal if I ever hope to move above a single green shuriken on this forum.*

* Not true, I know. I could contribute more outside of general BS and politics but my experience level is such that I read more to learn, not to teach in the other forums.
          People of integrity expect to be believed. When they're not, they let time prove them right.

Comment

Ann Coulter is a stupid, venomous, ugly hag - JMO of course.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoZ
              Ann Coulter is a stupid, venomous, ugly hag - JMO of course.
              So you think she has even more in common with Molly Ivins than I do.

Comment

Helen Thomas is tough as a bag of threepenny nails and I wish there were 10 of her in the Washington press corps.

Ann Coulter is about as attractive as a Port Authority whore. With a crack habit.
                I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

Comment

Hey fuck Ann, how about the racist remark?
                  "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Hell, I'm a conservative guy, and I think Ann Coulter is a nut. It's like her mouth starts moving a full minute before her brain kicks in.
                    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

Originally posted by patfromlogan
                      Hey fuck Ann, how about the racist remark?
                      Is Helen Thomas Arab? If this is the worst thing you can find that Ann Coulter has written, you're not looking very hard.

WGASA

Comment

Proof that the media is conservative, if you ask me.

Coulter would have been fired for saying those things if her masters weren't so pleased with the voting-mongering that she does for the Republican Party.
                        I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

Comment

Bullsh1t!!! What about Howard Dean's 'only black people work in hotels' comment. Yes, I realize that I paraphrase, but that is essentially what he said when he said "The only way Republican's could get this many African Americans at one of their events would be if they brought in the hotel staff".

If you think the media is conservative, you are either left of Marx or an idiot.
                          Last edited by Leodom; 3/09/2005 2:41pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Scrapper
                            Hell, I'm a conservative guy, and I think Ann Coulter is a nut. It's like her mouth starts moving a full minute before her brain kicks in.
                            Truthfully, I've never heard her speak. I read her columns and have read some transcripts of interviews with her.

Comment

I knew that if I posted anything positive about Ann Coulter on this site I would get flamed. I need to become a liberal if I ever hope to move above a single green shuriken on this forum.*

* Not true, I know. I could contribute more outside of general BS and politics but my experience level is such that I read more to learn, not to teach in the other forums.
                              I saw the flamebait a mile away - I just don't want you thinking that we're getting soft. ;-)

You don't need to become a liberal (although it would do you some good), you just need to make sense. I enjoy some of your posts and have massive respect for your willingness to expose yourself to other perspectives.

But giving props to Anne Coulter is the conservative equivalent of licking Michael Moore's balls.

She has, for example, suggested that liberal critics of the war in Iraq are traitors and should be treated as such. What is your opinion of Ms. Coulter's stance on this?

PS : Molly Ivins stuck it to Bill Clinton as well.
                              "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X