Draped in an American Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draped in an American Flag

Has anyone ever seen the 1983 movie THE DEAD ZONE with Christopher Walken as "Johnny Smith". The plot in a nut shell is basically about Johnny Smith who developed the ability to for see the future after comming out of a coma. He sees a two faced presidential candidate Greg Stillson (played by Martin Sheen) starting a nuclear holocaust after being elected. In the movie Greg Stillson in public is a warm hand shaking people friendly baby kissing politician but in private he is something the opposit of it. In many ways its reminisence of fascist like Lyndon LaRouche. Someone who has the "answers" and "cures" for what ills America and plays into people's fears. My memory fades me. I think in the movie Greg Stillson also use to be a Bible salesman.

The thing is that many people dont even see it comming. More than anything people are buying into their lines.
    It was surprising how many people actually voted for klansman David Duke who was an Overt fascist or how many people voted for the Covert fascist British National Party. (B.N.P) This is befor the B.N.P. got exposed on camera by a undercover reporter who revealed their true face. Should it be surprise that many conservatives voted for them. Its funny how many of them dropped support and left in disgust when their nature was exposed to the public.
    Is people friendly fascists the new face of Fascism?

Is Bush a fascist? Is he another Greg Stillson or Lyndon laRouche?
    http://www.oldamericancentury.org/14pts.htm

(The 14 points was based on this site: http://www.secularhumanism.org/libra...britt_23_2.htm)

As Huey Long Louisiana's governor in the 1930s correctly stated : "When fascism comes to America, it will be draped in an American flag."
    Last edited by Freddy; 3/08/2005 3:27pm, .
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Site about LyndonLaRouche

http://www.publiceye.org/larouche/nclcmain.html
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

that movie THE DEAD ZONE was based on a stephen king book wasnt it?

Comment

Yes it was. If I recall the movie version was directed by David Cronenberg.

Its wasnt a bad movie though.
        Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

It's easy to mislead people using nationalism.
          Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

The fascistic tendencies of Bush and co. are so obvious as to be a cliche.

"The only important elements in any society
            are the artistic and the criminal,
            because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
            can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Comment

Saw the movie and read the book... both pretty good...

About the BNP... I know of several ethnic minority type of folks who voted for them in the last election... mainly due to the Labour govts immigration policies and the gang fights occurring between eastern europeans in some small towns... their thoughts were that because the BNP was all for keeping out these people lets vote for them... of course that sort of blows over the fact that they would also be on the keep out list...
              "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
              People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
              Affirm Strength
              Hold Resolve
              Expect Death - read in a book

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shadowdh

Comment

The scary thing is that people arnt seeing them as they really are. Like wolves in sheep clothing.

When thousands of people voted the NAZI party in power many Germans thought that Hitler was only trying to help the German people with the economic situation and to unified all Germanic nations in Europe. Who at that time thought Hitler would kill thousands of people and plundered them into a world war.
                The main diffeence between the Fascist of Hitler's time and the new face of fascism is that these new fascist (like Lyndon LaRouche) tries to distance themselves from Hitler youths, skin heads, KKK types who are overtly violent and racist. What they are trying to do is to sell you fascism and make it platible in the public eyes. Like one would do with a TV commercial. Its a path that gets darker and darker. So far we are lucky that the hardcore violence havnt been let lose yet.

The movie is like fiction comes to life.
                You have a one time Bible book seller trying to get elected as President. And you have a president who admits to be inspired by the Bible. Is this for real?
                Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

@freddy: the german people COULD have, you know, like, READ the book hitler already had written at that time... i think, you know, it's called "mein kampf" or something. i could be in error but IAM NOT

Comment

Unfortunatly many havnt. Nor many knew that Hitler was going to turn Germany into a totalitarian regime who killed thousands.
                    Unless your saying the German people deliberatly knew of Hitlers intentions but voted for him anyways so he can kill thousands?
                    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

One lady I met has a brother who was an electrician for a Bush speach in California. She told me he was blown away by the hatred and obscenity laced language shown by Bush and his people toward their percieved enemies (environmentalists, liberals) as soon as the crowd left the auditorium. She thought that they felt free to talk with only a flunky or two that could hear them. Cheney just let the venom show when he said "Fuck you" to Leahy on the Senate floor. Personally, I think these people are evil. The question is anti-christ or facist or both?
                      "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

I agree with you 100%. I am totally convinced that if the United States were to ever slip from it's place as the dominant world power, the neocons would go apeshit and nuke everyone goodbye.

Scary part is that part 1 is already happening... soaring trade deficits, weak dollar, rising nationalism among growing bipartisanship. It's like we're witnessing the beginning of the end of an empire, only this one has enough nuclear weapons to make sure everyone goes down with it.

And it's not that I have anything against Bush but its that I find the 'new imperialistic' policies of the neocons whom currently control our country to be terrifying.

Comment

I just wanted to post the 14 signs of fascism. Its a little more easier to read this way.

http://www.secularhumanism.org/libra...britt_23_2.htm
                          Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

In regards to those 14 points and the United States today...

1-Maybe
                            2-No
                            3-Maybe
                            4-no
                            5-no
                            6-no
                            7-Maybe
                            8-no
                            9-somewhat
                            10-no
                            11-no
                            12-no
                            13-maybe
                            14-no
                            People of integrity expect to be believed. When they're not, they let time prove them right.

Comment

Originally posted by En
                              I agree with you 100%. I am totally convinced that if the United States were to ever slip from it's place as the dominant world power, the neocons would go apeshit and nuke everyone goodbye.

Scary part is that part 1 is already happening... soaring trade deficits, weak dollar, rising nationalism among growing bipartisanship. It's like we're witnessing the beginning of the end of an empire, only this one has enough nuclear weapons to make sure everyone goes down with it.

And it's not that I have anything against Bush but its that I find the 'new imperialistic' policies of the neocons whom currently control our country to be terrifying.
                              Our country really, literally, is in decline. A civil engineers organization rated our overall infrastructure as a "D-", and all of the standards used showed a steady decline since 2001. Basically, there is a move to bankrupt and privatize our public institutions, leading to an America of ghettos and gated communities and very little in between.
                              "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X