Attitude as tactic/weapon of a fighter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attitude as tactic/weapon of a fighter.

Hi guys, it's beginner. O am currently in the process of drastically editing this e-mail. Way too long, and perhaps a bit on the blabbing side. Last weekend I wrote a topic concerning someting very personal. Later, after I woke up, I was quite embarassed for my blunder and bluntness. I have since erased it, but would like to offer this thread in good faith, and despite my current state [ Sunday Mornings are notorious for altered states of conciousness] I'm confident this topic and letter will not leave me with regrets or [if you can believe it ] embarassment, from a goddamn internet forum! If that isn't proof of changing social relations and the human sense of "Self Idenrity" I don't know what is. Point QN: Just some drunken observations from a guy who is out there, not preaching, just attempting to give something back.

Self Defense derived from experience and acting ability:

Dojo addicts, or muay thai freaks [ as my friends have have become] lack the social skills of communicating with a possible aggressor via slang, body language, or looking. as a means of warding them off.

Point? Have been saved from many a tough situation from guys who would have killed me. Crews who could of beat mine. I am always willing to fight, this is my ace in the hole, anybody, anywhere, but I continue to survive based on experience and acting.

Knowing your attacker, will help in knowing how to avoid them, . If you bump them, or they you to start, apologize sternly. "Sorry Brother!". Righteous and good but strong.

Always make eye contact. Never look away.

Count your pocket change if your getting sized up. Alot of guys will assume your ghetto for doing it. If your getting hocked, pull out those quarters and start counting. This has done wonders for me.

Talk to your friends and pay no attention to the aggressor you notice, talk with your hands, look lively, and make alot of gestures to your crew like you all are tight.

Have a no touch rule. If your approached, show sense, but ask him never to touch you again. Have that line.

Finally, don't believe the hype. Black and a bandana doesn't mean shit. Some of the biggest pussies in there are acting like gangsters and are completely dependant on rep. By speaking to a pretender straight sorward you are already challenging the stereotype they are thriving on.

If it comes face to face, don't let the bully speak too long. Some will scare the pants of you with their slang and street talk, real shakespears, believable and convincing.

Finally, Don't be scared to lie. If in a real tight spot, tell the potential attackers you live in the neighbourhood, you grew up in the projects down in the club zone, or belong to a crew Downtown[unless you know tjey are from the neighbourhood, for real]. This saved my ass months ago. from some suburbian suits who just had too much whisky in their skin. You may think it's pussy, but I wasn't jumped or kicked in the head. I walked out in one piece witha performance worthy of a oscar, I was infact, a gangster to these idiots. This was the only thing that saved my ass.

I'm no martial artist like some of you boys I saw at the throwdown. But I never or rarely get messed with because of these principles. Behind each is the willingness to fight for your honor, or right to live without allowing idiots to step on you. These are just some suggestions I found useful in my own life.

Most of them are applicable to Saturday nights in the club or bar downtown, in Toronto. Yankees may find this layghable, but these things are responsible for alot of peace and untroubled times in my life. I thought I would just share them. Okay, let the abuse begin.

Goodnight, from Toronto, Canada.

Beginner.

P/S/ Don't mind spelling or grammar.

9 a.m. right now.
    Last edited by Beginner; 2/13/2005 7:54am, .

Burn a cross, that'll scare the blackies away.

Comment

Originally posted by Beginner
      Count your pocket change if your getting sized up. Alot of guys will assume your ghetto for doing it. If your getting hocked, pull out those quarters and start counting. This has done wonders for me.
      Can you explain this part? Whats so tough about counting your pocket change?
      Thanks for the post :)
      "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

Comment

What the hell is wrong with toronto?

Comment

Bluffing only works on beginners and wannabes.

Comment

What the shit are you talking about? Next thing, you'll be talking about how you used your superior kung fu to drive off a pan-handler.

Comment

Im not sure.... I'm not usually a very violent person. But If I had a brush with someone who said "Sorry brother, don't ever touch me again, I'm from the hood" while he flipped quarters and stared me down; I might just have to pop him in the face.

Comment

I bath in human excrement. Nobody fucks with me.

Comment

Counting change makes you look poor

Comment

One step away from RBSD.

Hint: martial artists are people too. Yes, surprisingly we had an idea about surviving in the real world before we started doing MAs.
                    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
                    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
                    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Comment

poor beginner, he was just trying to be drunk and help..

I think trying to out-pretend someone is a bad idea. Just being "the bigger person" will normally stop anything from happening.

Comment

!??!?!?!?!!??!!?!??!
                        Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Originally posted by PizDoff
                          !??!?!?!?!!??!!?!??!

my ego!
                          I challenge you to a duel!
                          after your next duel

Comment

Originally posted by grond
                            Can you explain this part? Whats so tough about counting your pocket change?
                            Thanks for the post :)

lol thats awesome next time i will pull my wad out and start count it, and then check for reactions. anyways beginner you sound like the kinda guy that your trying to tell us about, the guy that when confronted starts acting crazy and talking about this and that and who they know and where they live. but you have a point about body chemistry before a fight.

ive found that when in a situation where a guy is acting like he might try something, i put my fists up and in a calm voice i tell them not to come any closer. i refuse to get sucker punched or get in a shoving match. this has made many a guys think twice about fight me and made them walk away. maybe it has something to do with the fact that they know they in for a fight and not just a sucker punch.
                            Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
                            My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Comment

I personally prefer the asshole, standoffish approach. If you're bigger than the average guy and act like you deal with this kind of bullshit every day, they're more likely to think twice. A buddy of mine is in repossessions (yeah, a repo man) and he's not that big, maybe 6'1 and 220lbs. He's just an ugly bald guy that benches way too often and enjoys his six-packs, wrestled throughout his school years, and gets in the occasional dust-up in the bars around the Millvale/Lawrenceville area.

He deals with people on a constant day-to-day basis, and let's face it, not everybody likes their car being taken. He just acts like a prime asshole, being as stubborn as possible and saying the car is going with me, not really yelling so much as talking in an authoritative voice and basically saying "Doesn't matter what you think, this is what's going to happen." A lot of the time you can get away with acting authoritative and people will back down, as if you have good control of body language and presence, they may even do it instinctively. Does it work all the time? Hell no, and Tom (my buddy) has the stitches to prove it. I was doing something similar to a skinny asshole in a bar who ended up throwing an ash tray at me and hitting me on the right side of my head because I was paying him too little attention and overdid the stubborn role. But it can and has worked for me as well.

I think the perfect example of this is a Drill Instructor, they may not be the biggest guys around but they have you so shit-scared you'll believe what they say.

EDIT: Forgot to add: That change-counting shit must be a Brit thing, because if I'm intent on kicking somebody's ass and he pulls out quarters and starts counting em, I'm just going to sucker-punch the douchebag. Now, if it's a roll of quarters, I know what he's thinking and I'll hit him first too. Doesn't make much sense to me.
                              SON OF ODIN

My Punching with Power article

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X