Anyone here play Jedi Academy online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here play Jedi Academy online?

Reason I ask - is that I just got myself a SWEET 512/512 SDSL connection.

I've been playing online the last couple of days - but the major problem is that it seems that most of the players don't even speak english..
    Takes the fun out of gloating.

:)

So - anyone here run a server or know of a good server for english-speaking peeps?
    video game reviews

jedi academy online is just a button mashfest with sabers. unless you play with weapons which is kinda dumb, since you can just play quak or something instead.

in other words, POSTCOUNT++

Comment

Button mashfest - true.. I still like it though.
      video game reviews

Comment

Button-Mashing Saber game: Agreed

Fun Game: Agreed some more!

Comment

I've just about mastered Jedi Academy lightsabers. Me and my friends used to play it over the network all the time. In a strict lightsaber-lightsaber fight, excluding weapons and some force powers, I had it down to a science.

But then again I haven't played in a while.
          Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
          I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
          what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Comment

Colin, I think we spoke about this before. Unless you have exceptionally low pings, Jedi Knight Academy is like a guessing game rather than skill.

Comment

And it's not a button mashfest with pings of around 6 (LAN). There, it's a lot of skill and reflex.

Comment

Zeddy and Lifetime.. come on Game Arena.. pings <70-80 most of the time.
                video game reviews

Comment

I played Jedi Knight 2 obsessively during my first semester of Grade 10. Believe me when I saw that the single lightsaber battles were not just a button mash, it was actually somewhat complicated, but man, did I ever waste a lot of time with that.

I had JK:A for awhile, then the patch came out and all the people I knew from JK2 stopped playing, something about not being able to join games or something, so I tapered off and eventually stopped. I think I lent out the cd, as I have no idea where it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin
                    Zeddy and Lifetime.. come on Game Arena.. pings <70-80 most of the time.

Will give it a shot this weekend. I need to reinstall, tried to load a mod and things went screwy. :(

Comment

I've been playing the Jedi Knight series online since 98 or so. I go by Hero from Shaolin on most servers.

Jedi Academy is sweet, but lately I'm a Star Wars Battlefront addict.

Comment

I used to play a lot. I never really saw the depth in the duelling system that people were talking about.
                        I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
                        -Phil Elmore

Comment

Well.. let's call the dual-sabers the 'button mash', and the saber staff the 'noob-stick'.

Single saber is where it's at for decent players.
                          video game reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Colin
                            Well.. let's call the dual-sabers the 'button mash', and the saber staff the 'noob-stick'.

Single saber is where it's at for decent players.

What makes the saber staff the "noob-stick"? Is it just so powerful that hardcore players try to be elite by not using it, or is it so overpowered that people neuter themselves by not using it so that the game is actually fun?

Comment

Single sabre allows a variety of styles, and a greater number of combos/moves than either dual sabres or staff. It's more fun to play with if you know what you're doing. You can match up your style vs. your opponents weapon, you can switch styles mid combat and mess with them.

Way more fun once you get past button mashing adrenaline dump.
                              Originally posted by pauli
                              i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's shit for your own philosophical betterment.

Originally posted by melvin_peebles
                              I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X