Sacramento-area people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacramento-area people?

I'm looking for a new place to train in Sacramento, and while I've found a few places I like, I'd love to hear from other Bullshido members as to their experiences in Sac. And, before you say it, no, I am not going to Kovar's[1]. *grin*

I'm most interested in Boxing and Kickboxing, or basically any art that involves lots of sparring and no forms -- if I wanted to dance I'd go to 815L. Jujitsu, Japanese or Brazillian, is also something I want to start doing again, and a school that offers both would be good. Big thing I'm looking for in a school is location (Sacramento area), and sparring -- I have my own sport-conditioning program, access to weights and a good track, so physical fitness is something I've got covered.

A part-time McDojo is fine as well; I understand that the bills have to get paid, and a school that 'pays the bills' with TKD/KM/WC/ArtOfTheMonth, while offering a solid BJJ/Kickboxing program, would be right up my alley.

Sac BJJ looks like a good school so far, and I'm going to check them out week after next (I've got a nasty cold at the moment), as they offer MT and BJJ.

Thanks-in-advance!

[1] A well known local McDojo chain.

Originally posted by Matadon
    I'm looking for a new place to train in Sacramento, and while I've found a few places I like, I'd love to hear from other Bullshido members as to their experiences in Sac. And, before you say it, no, I am not going to Kovar's[1]. *grin*

I'm most interested in Boxing and Kickboxing, or basically any art that involves lots of sparring and no forms -- if I wanted to dance I'd go to 815L. Jujitsu, Japanese or Brazillian, is also something I want to start doing again, and a school that offers both would be good. Big thing I'm looking for in a school is location (Sacramento area), and sparring -- I have my own sport-conditioning program, access to weights and a good track, so physical fitness is something I've got covered.

A part-time McDojo is fine as well; I understand that the bills have to get paid, and a school that 'pays the bills' with TKD/KM/WC/ArtOfTheMonth, while offering a solid BJJ/Kickboxing program, would be right up my alley.

Sac BJJ looks like a good school so far, and I'm going to check them out week after next (I've got a nasty cold at the moment), as they offer MT and BJJ.

Thanks-in-advance!

[1] A well known local McDojo chain.

Ah, another Sacramentan! There are others on here who currently live in the area, Punisher, Wastrel, xero, etc. and might have a more up to date list. But Sac BJJ is where I'd train if was still there.

And if I remember correctly, Kovar's offers BJJ part-time.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Comment

Originally posted by warriors13
      BTW, what Kouhiijitsu?
      The exquisite and ancient art of Coffee. This art is divided into three different sections, to better reflect the three ranges of combat: Tsukuridou, or Making Coffee; Nomidou, or Drinking Coffee, and Kohii-Kaktou, or Beating The Hell Out Of Those Who Would Take Coffee From You.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X