Chris Hauter Seminar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Hauter Seminar

Today I was at a Chris Hauter seminar at my gym in Manchester. Despite only being for 2 hours, its felt like 3, which is always a good sign.
    After a warm up, which involved some quite hideously painful situps in the guard position.
    Its worth pointing out that Chris is quite a small guy, and a lot younger than I expected. He looks in his early 30's. He's charismatic, funny, and swears with graceful abandon. This made it all much easier to bear when he kept telling us to move our hips. I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem.
    The first half was a variety of drills based around side control, drilling the shoulder in while dropping the weight back to prevent being rolled. There was a lot more done in the first half, but I'm buggered if I can remember what they were at the moment. There was a short break while he explained the hierarchy of positioning, and how they applied to NHB fighting as well.
    The second half consisted of working on a turtled opponent, going through a variety of arm drags, ankle picks and weird and freaky ways of turning people over. Chris has got some amazing skill, almost effortlessly flipping purple belts and tying them in knots.
    It was a tragedy that the entire thing was so short, I'd have loved to have carried on training for another 2 or 3 hours.
    So, if you ever get the opportunity to train with him, do so. He's fucking great.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Heh, for a moment I thought it said "Hunter" instead of "Hauter". :icon_surp
    Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Me too. :P

PL

Comment

Working...
      X