Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marine general "counseled" for remarks

MSNBC article

I don't see a problem. Its alot more fun to do the shooting.

They're punishing someone for being a product of the structure they've created. Sweet irony.

Comment

I understand that they're punishing him for making the army look like a bunch of crazy people who enjoy violence. I'm saying that it's a problem that the armed forces systematically train people to abandon human compassion and kill without remorse. He (probably) said those things because he is a product of that training system.

And for people who are going to inevitably spit this back in my face: no, I can't think of a better way to train a group of people to kill.

Comment

The only punishment here is a public statement about a tongue lashing that probably never happened.

Comment

Fuck, I know the man is a General but this sounds like the response of an enlisted man. I bet the enlisted Marines under him probably love, fear and respect him. This is one of the reasons why I like Marines more than the majority of the regular Army.

Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
          Last edited by Hawkeye; 2/03/2005 7:23pm, .
          "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Comment

... and the flip side; this is why the army is constantly annoyed by the marines.

Comment

Originally posted by Zing!
              They're punishing someone for being a product of the structure they've created. Sweet irony.
              Are you talking about the Marines or the Afghanis?
              Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
              I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
              what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Comment

Originally posted by Dai-Tenshi
                ... and the flip side; this is why the army is constantly annoyed by the marines.
                ??? What do you mean?
                Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Comment

Originally posted by lifetime
                  Are you talking about the Marines or the Afghanis?
                  I think he's talking about the Marines.

Comment

you want someone who's good at fighting ... or pussy footing...

patton would have said the same stuff ...
                    totoro-san ... world sushi munching champion ...

Comment

meh, I transfer in this case.

I =! the army.

Marines = t3h cocky and t3h loud mouthed.

Having lots of friends and family in both the marines and army (we have no swabies or arm-chair commandos)- more importantly having grown up in the army- I have experienced a lot of the culture that the two branches cultivate and encourage and I've found the marine culture grates the nerves; they're good, but they don't seem to think you'll remember it unless they bring it up every 5 fucking minutes. Also, the marines manage to recruit a lot of crazies... crazies I grew up with and honestly would not trust with a gun, but- hey, training can change people, right?

Totoro: I think what we need in this day and age of instant media coverage and the ever present objective of winning "hearts and minds" are soldiers who can kick ass and simultaneously NOT give the liberal, peacenik, commie, protesting, pansy assed, hippy, fairies in the world the sort of ammunition they need for their "down with America" tripe. We certainly don't need generals giving those people the things they want to hear.

Professionalism required.
                      Last edited by Stick; 2/03/2005 9:00pm, .

Comment

Dai, I understand what your trying to say but answer me this:

What is General Mattis' job?
                        Last edited by Hawkeye; 2/03/2005 9:26pm, .

Comment

We need more men like Patton in the military.

Comment

Leading troops.

So either they need to get someone to be a good mouthpiece or they need to pay a little respect to the fact that in this day and age PR is a part of every soldier's job description as the press is certainly trying its damndest to catch anything like this.

Not saying he shouldn't enjoy his work, just that for the sake of the public opinion and our image over seas he should be more careful; the last thing we need is al-quaeda recruiter to play this audio clip and say "see, they LIKE killing you and your family".

Comment

Originally posted by Dai-Tenshi
                              Leading troops.

So either they need to get someone to be a good mouthpiece or they need to pay a little respect to the fact that in this day and age PR is a part of every soldier's job description as the press is certainly trying its damndest to catch anything like this.

Not saying he shouldn't enjoy his work, just that for the sake of the public opinion and our image over seas he should be more careful; the last thing we need is al-quaeda recruiter to play this audio clip and say "see, they LIKE killing you and your family".
                              Ok, fair enough.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X