Death Penalty, yea or nay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Penalty, yea or nay

Like most southerner's, I support the death penalty.

I believe that if a person commits pre-meditated murder then they should die.

I'd like to hear some of your opinions.
    Hell yeah, kill them all
    27.08%
    Hell no we ain't god
    43.75%
    Sometimes but only in extreme cases
    16.67%
    Killing is to good for some people, I believe in good 'ol fashion torture.
    12.50%
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

I agree in principle, but there's no way I have enough faith in the courts to get it right every time.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

I disagree based on my opposition to revenge.

Comment

i think that they should bring back capital punishment here. It would put an end to hooglism, benefit fraud and other related biggies. Also dont forget treason(extremism). that should be worthy of death.

death of course should be humane, such as using the injection.....

Comment

Originally posted by SLJ
          I agree in principle, but there's no way I have enough faith in the courts to get it right every time.

Comment

The death penalty aka Capital Punishment aka "the peons revenge".

In principle its a good Idea, and in theory cheaper than keeping a guy locked up for life at 40k per year.
            But, in practise, I would only support the death penalty with OVERWHELMING evidence including DNA, video tape, witnesses, signed confession and testimony of the victim.

Too many have been proven innocent lately that, if they had been in an area that had the death penalty, would have been dead a long time ago.

Comment

My heart says hell yeah. Bring back the firing squad, pass the ammunition and send the fuckers to hell where they belong.

On the other hand my mind says fuck no with the folks on death row who have been proven innocent and all the incompetent maroons in state government. I think of the idiots that run my home state, Massachusetts and I would never trust giving the same people who are resposible for the Big Dig the power to decide who lives and who dies(yeah I know the jury does sentencing, but it's still a power that the state has)

I guess I'm at a toss up
              "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Comment

yeah i can see your concerns. especially in a country where court isn't about truth but about rethoric to convince a jury composed out of dumb people with no clue on whatsoever (worstcasescenario)

Comment

yeah, i think they should invent a way of bringing them back to life if the evidence is dodgy.

Comment

Comment

I am all for electric bleachers!

On a side note of a jury and the death penalty. I don't know of anywhere where the jury sentances someone to death. If anything they can make a reccommendation, but the decision is ultimately left up to the judge.
                      “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

jury decides "guilty" or "not guilty" right?

Comment

Part of me says if you take a life, yours should be taken. But the other part says who is society to teach that killing is wrong, then turn around and do it?

I hate this question because how I feel about it depends on my mood and the weather really.

Comment

I live in Illinois. We've had over a DOZEN people on death row for years, and you know how they were found innocent?

Because a university law school project on the death penalty turned up evidence supporting the prisoner's claims.

That blows my mind. These people were slated to die and were in prison for years, and a couple of SCHOOL KIDS got them exonerated.

My current belief is lifelong imprisonment, and widespread implementation of chain gangs and prison labor.

Comment

Capital punishment should be used more. If you're flogged once or twice in a public area, you're bound not to be much more of an asshole anymore. As for the death penalty, it's a good idea but it needs a lot of work...
                              SON OF ODIN

My Punching with Power article

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X