Looking for an old and abandoned game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for an old and abandoned game?

Lair of the Underdogs is a site which has archived a number of abandonware (meaning not even supported by the original publishers anymore) games. Games include some Infocom games such as "The Lurking Horror" and "A Mind Forever Voyaging" as well as "Wasteland"(considered the spiritual father of "Fallout".)
    Originally posted by Newb1

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Osiris posted this a while back, just so you know. I downloaded the Magic compter game and I'd like about 300 hours of my life back.

Also, does anyone else have problems with some Underdogs downloads? Like, the stuff dosen't run?

I want to play Betrayal at Krondor again but it won't run due to free memory issues -- do I have to make a boot disk? That would suck.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Originally posted by JKDChick
      Osiris posted this a while back, just so you know. I downloaded the Magic compter game and I'd like about 300 hours of my life back.

Also, does anyone else have problems with some Underdogs downloads? Like, the stuff dosen't run?

I want to play Betrayal at Krondor again but it won't run due to free memory issues -- do I have to make a boot disk? That would suck.
      Some of them are also written back when there was only base RAM. Extended RAM confuses them, also, there is a tendency for our cloc speeds to cause some havoc with older programs.

Wasteland is God.
      I know the secrets of Hobo Dogs.
      "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
      -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
      -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
      -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
      -Don Gwinn

Comment

They're made of PEOPLE!!!!

EDIT: and it's Home of the Underdogs

Comment

Wasteland, is that the game where you start off as a gladiator fighter, tell the emperor guy to go eff himself, at which point he says "Guards, release the BIG monsters!". Escape, level up and gain good equipment after beating your opponents to death with big fists, bigger knives, and bigger magic, and then loot their still warm corpses for rings, equipment, and material?

I seem to recall you run into the guy who released the 'big monsters' on you later in the game, at which point you promptly kick his ass and steal his (I recall) good knife.

Is that the wasteland game? Because if it is, that game kicked ass... back in the day anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Traditional Tom
            Wasteland, is that the game where you start off as a gladiator fighter, tell the emperor guy to go eff himself, at which point he says "Guards, release the BIG monsters!". Escape, level up and gain good equipment after beating your opponents to death with big fists, bigger knives, and bigger magic, and then loot their still warm corpses for rings, equipment, and material?

I seem to recall you run into the guy who released the 'big monsters' on you later in the game, at which point you promptly kick his ass and steal his (I recall) good knife.

Is that the wasteland game? Because if it is, that game kicked ass... back in the day anyways.

No, I'm not sure what that game is, though.

Wasteland is like Bard's Tale, but in the post apocalyptic future. In Wasteland your party had to fight giant scorpion robots in the ruins of Las Vegas, you got to meet the ghost of Red Ryder (the famed BB gun brand), and of course you got to discover the secret of Hobo Dogs.
            Last edited by Jaguar Wong; 2/01/2005 4:11pm, .
            Jaguar's MMA record
            pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
            post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
            - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Comment

Tom, i have no clue what game you're describing but it's definitely not Wasteland, nor Fallout nor Fallout 2. I played all of them and am a huge fan of all three. (fallout tactics was so-so)

Comment

Haha - Jaguar read the entire paragraph book, your geek is showing.

-The Honky Tonk Man

-My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
                -Don Gwinn

Comment

hey, don't make fun of him. i still have mine under my desk. and i still laugh at the first time i read the first paragraph out of order, the woman in the bathtub pulling out the uzi and telling me to go play bard's tale or something. :)

Comment

I shouldn't. I wrote my last term paper on classic games, emulators, and ports and did an entire section on Wasteland.

Only the timely intervention of my girlfriend has kept me from getting the Commodore logo tattoo'd on.

-The Honky Tonk Man

-My Father to me one day

-Don Gwinn

Comment

hahaha. you know what you must do now, kill the girlfriend. she obviously stands between you and you destiny as true nerd.

Comment

So, is there any solution to my problem? Or will Krondor remain unsaved forever?
                        Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Try: http://www.alt-tab.net/alt-tab/games/krondorplay.asp

They have an emulator that may work for it, or create a DOS 6.22 boot disk if it was made to run in DOS. Sorry thems the breaks, but I usually have old systems handy *gently rubs Timex Sinclair*

-The Honky Tonk Man

-My Father to me one day

-Don Gwinn

Comment

Bahamut Lagoon was pretty good, but for some reason my emulator got screwed up and corrupted my save file.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter H.
                              Haha - Jaguar read the entire paragraph book, your geek is showing.
                              Oh crap! *pulls pants up*

I love Wasteland, but your Commodore tattoo has my geekiness up against the ropes. Of course I still read comics and play RPGs, so there!
                              Jaguar's MMA record
                              pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
                              post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
                              - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X