Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since the topic of racism has been floating about....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the topic of racism has been floating about....

Has anyone ever heard basketball referred to as "African tree-hockey"?
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Never.

I have heard Arabs called Camel Jockeys, though. But given that Camel Racing is popular in parts of the Arab world, sometimes it's just terming a profession/activity.

Comment

I'd like to find that funny, but even I can't. I love Africa, especially that song Toto sang about it.
      Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
      Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Comment

I just heard that yesterday in Time Square where the black Israelites preach. They were yelling something about how the white man forces the black man to play "that African tree-hockey" in order to make money "like the white man's pet monkeys".

Those guys always crack me up. I've tried to debate them severla times but since I'm white they refuse to even acknowledge me.
        "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

Are they the black KKK?
          Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
          Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Comment

http://www.factmonster.com/spot/bhmhockey1.html

http://www.aaregistry.com/african_am...ritage_a_story

http://www.dailyorange.com/news/2003...s-380862.shtml

Comment

I've heard it called "niggerball" but never African tree-hockey...

Concerning black players in hockey, Shawn Belle and Anthony Stewart were a big part of the Canadian junior team that just won the gold medal at the World Junior Championships in North Dakota.

Comment

In the context of making fun of the sport and black people at the same time I guess. It was definitely not a friendly term.

Comment

Pretty funny

http://outpostnine.com/editorials/teacher1.html

Comment

I bought a newspaper from some Nation of Islam guys that were selling them on a streetcorner in Savannah, GA.

The guy who sold it to me was amused.

Comment

What do you guys think of the NoI? I don't know much about them, but they seem a little nutty to me, considering what I do know.

Comment

Nation of Islam: Even the Muslims don't like em!

Comment

If it weren't for the fact that they believe white people were demons created by a black scientist thousands of years ago....

Comment

WHATS MISSING?

Last edited by AsiaticAssassin; 1/08/2005 9:17pm, .

Comment

I'm so glad you're back, AA.
                              Originally posted by The Wastrel
                              I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X