Martial idiocy on theforum.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martial idiocy on theforum.com

in the stileproject forums random media board there is a thread posting the akebono vs. Gracie fight, a relativly unremarkable bundle of posts about the fight and then this mystic wonder by a wise ass named Fome

boring... I hate point fighting, kick boxing, kempo, muay thai, boxing and kiddy karate with a passion. They have no discipline and respect for the martial art, they limit themselves to a few techniques and even those they do practice they've butchered past any practical use to make them faster so they can tag more points. And before you say "but they could kick your ass", hell, anyone with that much muscle could knock you out too no matter how they hit you, especially when they have many rounds to wear you out. Notice how Gracie was literally slapping him towards the end? No fucking discipline.

still +rep cuz I love teh fighting videos
    I ripped into him a little and he came at me with a whirlwind of crap, anyone interested in ripping an idiot a new asshole, feel free to join in the fun.

You need a theforum.com login- and if you don't already have one..... theforum is about the most not safe for work/family computer place on the internet.

Here's the page of the thread where this master steps in and lets everyone know what's up.

My handle over there is blind squirrel.

That Fome dude is a keyboard warrior. Still, I registered as Matsufubu.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Comment

Matsu gets t3h +rep.... well, next time I can give it to him, which will proably be a few days.

Comment

Wow, it was worth subjecting myself to endless banners of giant cocks after all!
        Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Comment

I warned you!

Comment

Come on.

Those combat arts are tried and tested systems which work. They have very harsh training methods and produce rock solid fighters. Besides, the Gracies have cross trained in other arts too, like boxing.
            Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

Hannibal, who are you talking to?

Comment

lol! ape escape cosplay.
                Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Machiavelli

Comment

You.

Just giving my opinion as to why he was wrong. Look ring side sprots are brutal but dammit I fail to see why some people take that attitude. So what if they only consist of a few techniques. I guess what I was saying was simple or not the ring side sports that guy was putting down work. Thats all I'm interested in.
                  Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal
                    You.

Just giving my opinion as to why he was wrong. Look ring side sprots are brutal but dammit I fail to see why some people take that attitude. So what if they only consist of a few techniques. I guess what I was saying was simple or not the ring side sports that guy was putting down work. Thats all I'm interested in.
                    No no no.... you're missing the point. He was completely correct in his claims that point fighting competitions like Pride disrespect true martial artists, especially when they become so sloppy.
                    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

Come on.

I'm going to tell you that the guy is wrong. Believe it or not, but Royce can actually fight. Sport fighting also has value.
                      I marvel at the revelations, but you're preaching to the choir.

Comment

Hannibal is a fucking mimick...and a cockwhore.
                        And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Come on.

Those combat arts are tried and tested systems which work. They have very harsh training methods and produce rock solid fighters. Besides, the Gracies have cross trained in other arts too, like boxing.
                          Ah yes. It all makes sense now

( http://bullshido.net/forums/showpost...3&postcount=65 )
                          I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
                          -Phil Elmore

Comment

I want to share this little crack fiend's brilliant observations with you guys

Originally posted by Blind Squirrel

That you say a Gracie has no respect for the martial arts goes to show how incredibly ignorant you are. That you say the same of Muay Thai fighters shows me that you're not only ignorant but stupid as well.

It's people like you that disgrace the martial arts. It's people like you that have made the black belt a joke. It's people like you that perpetuate the sort of bullshit training and mentality that fill people with false confidence that gets them destroyed.

Go beg your master to share with you the secrets of his truly lethal kata. Develope your chi and stand under a waterfall to harden your skin against the elements. Practice your eye gouges and throat strikes, tiger claw strikes and axe kicks; you'll be performing no touch knock outs before you fucking know it.
                            don't fucking argue with me douchebag. There is a difference between martial art and sport. There is a difference between jumping in a ring and pounding the shit out of some guy and knowing the true essence of what it means to have deadly technique.

People like you are the ones who are destroying martial arts, the ones who equate televised brawls to physical combat at its highest form. I don't really give a shit though about what you think, wallow in your pool of delusions.

Dude, can you even tell me what Royce Gracie did to win that fight?
                            fought a fat guy off and gave him an arm lock, yay.

but seriously, i'm really not impressed. First, gracie isn't that fast (he let a fat guy literally fucking fall on top of him), isn't very smart (he tried to clip his legs, therefore putting him in the perfect position to have a fat guy land on him), and honestly the power behind his punches wasn't very impressive.

Granted, there's an undeniable skill in grappling but I see it as an emerging counter to poor technique which has been popularized by mainstream "fighting" like this.
                            This little shit really makes my blood boil BTW. So I railed on him a bit, won't post all of that.

Wait, wait, wait, wait first there's an "undeniable skill in grappling" but then it's just an "emerging counter to poor technique"? WTF, how are thousands and thousands of years of human combat an emergin counter to poor technique? And what exactly qualifies you to say that when a world class kickboxer loses to a grappler it's on account of his poor technique?
                            yup, jabs that don't do damage, slappy top-of-the-foot telegraphing roundhouses which also don't do damage. Granted there's usually a lot of muscle behind those shit-ass techniques but that's not saying anything of the techniques themselves. I hate kick boxers with a passion, they pull out a fucking cardio workout that they can sell to fatasses and fitness twits alike and mislabel it as martial arts so that said fatasses and fitness twits can have the pleasure of being deluded into thinking they're somehow more capable in self-defense. Therefore they make "cardio kickboxing" and "kickboxing karate" mainstream and popular, taking attention and potential students away from real training halls. If someone stuck his leg into you and left his goddamn knee out there then you'd be able to grab it and take it down too. Kickboxing isn't a martial art, it is a sport and a damn shitty one too.

As for grappling, I'm not decrying it in the least. Grapplers, on the other hand, are the adaptations.

There's a reason the best fighters in the world fight and train the way they do, because it is the best, period.
                            wrong, because they adapt their styles to rules of sport (point fighting, how you can hit, where you can hit etc.) and because going to the gym, putting on some music and pounding some weights and heavy bags and throwing some shit-poor technique on top of it is easy.

It's all well and good to say that competitions today are ruining the art, but 9 times out of 10 the people saying this are out of shape, never been punched in the face, dancing fairies (their technique is amazing and they can rattle off a million moves for you), with dellusions of grandeur.
                            don't lump me in with these fuckers, I hate them too. I hate kata fuckers who join a dojo, learn a kata, go to a competition and call themselves martial artists. I hate the douchebags that use training halls as a social place and bring their fucking kids, half ass their way through class and stand in the middle of the deck socializing with everyone else. I hate the fuckers who watch DBZ or too much Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and walk into the training hall thinking they're going to be the next wadan super-saiyan god of over dramatic fighting.

You can sit there and watch these fighters and say "oh their technique is pitiful", then go to your gym and spar with your friends, maybe even go to a competition everyonce in a while- wait, you hate those, testing yourself against other is apparently detrimental to developing the warrior spirit....
                            I ever say that? I think competition and actually practicing hitting someone who wants to hit you back is integral. If you don't do it then you really can't call yourself a competant fighter. I'm just arguing that mainstream martial arts and competitions like this really don't reflect what I've come to know as true martial arts. They're sports and people should realize that.
                            This little master is 19 years old and his first thread over at www.theforum.com qwas the story of how his girl friend is "not cheating on him" but there's this other guy, and Bruce here asked the stile folks if it would be a good idea to beat up the man who would make him a cuckold; suffice it to say he got a lot of "you are an idiot" posts. To be honest I don't know why I'm giving this twerp so much attention, I blame the narcotics.

Comment

Where does this fucktard live?
                              And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X