Protests in Florida over police brutality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protests in Florida over police brutality

Lets say you're a cop and you come upon a guy with an open container of alchohol outside his home...just what do you think the proper respose would be?

Well if he's black why not break his neck?
    A white police officer has resigned since the death of one of the men, Sammie Lee Evans, 49, whose neck was broken as police tried to arrest him on Dec. 3 for possession of an open container of alcohol outside his home.

An internal investigation of the death is continuing, but investigators found the officer used excessive force in another incident.

In the other death, Ezra Jones, 29, suffered a heart attack while in restraints on Dec. 5. Jones, who was homeless, had been arrested for blocking a public sidewalk.
    Say, if Kenny Lay gets convicted of stealing millions and millions how do you think he'll be treated by the police? Will there be a broken neck in his future? What about if Kenny Lay was black and stole a TV from Best Buy? I think the chances are higher in that scenario myself.

Incidents like this are great to remind us just how FAIR and HONEST the police can be while dealing with them uppity brown people.
    JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - About 200 people chanting "No justice, no peace" marched through the city Saturday to protest the deaths of two black men in police custody.

At a rally on the steps of the Jacksonville sheriff's office, U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown, civil rights leaders and ministers called for the creation of a citizens review board to look into police brutality.
    Hows that for an idea: a group that actually WATCHES how police go about their business to stop peoples necks from being broken or shot 42 times like here in New York.

Maybe this has something to do with the complete PUSSIFICATION of police that mirrors the pussifications of just about everything else in our society. In New York they hire thousands of cops to do the remarkable job of standing on streetcorners and giving directions to tourists. Call me crazy but a guy doesn't need a gun to do that. I'm not really sure what the fuck a fialed football player with no real skill can do BESIDES that but the LEAST he can do is stop taking my tax dollars to do nothing while wearing a badge.

Young cops here in New York aren't worthy of wearing that badge for the most part.

They've grown up with this weirdo macho image of what a police officer is supposed to act like and they end up being snotty arrogant assholes that nobody likes.

Funny seeing all those uniforms in Time Square last night. If there WAS a terrorist attack they would have done the WONDERFUL job of DYING right along with everybody else. Thank GOD they were there.

Some of them had MACHINE GUNS so maybe they could have shot them into the air a few times before they got blown up with the rest of us but thats about it.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...custody_deaths

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/concert

Comment

Is that where you're having your sex change?

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

At a concert? don't be silly.

Comment

You like Willie Nelson dont you?

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

No, I was surprised at the price though...

Comment

I don't know about you, but in Chicago, we have the same police presence at our 3rd of July fireworks festival, and asides from directions, they break up fights and altercations between people and make sure kids don't get trampled when millions of people are leaving Grant Park (where the Taste of Chicago is simultaneously going on, and dozens of Chicago restaurants are hawking their wares).

We've had our own run-ins with the law here with unjustified usage of force. Nothing on NY, like sodomizing someone with a broomstick, but we've had police confuse a cellphone with a gun and shoot a woman to death, etc.

I'm mostly ignorant on the matter I guess. But I remember when a white family from a nearly all-white suburb (which voted 80% Republican in the 2000 election) adopted an inner-city black kid that ended up at my HS, that kid went over to the police dept there, introduced himself, and told the police there where he lived, just so he wouldn't be harassed by the police there for "being in the wrong place."

Comment

PeeDee...are you a little sensitive about neck injuries?

Comment

*sigh*

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Comment

That is disgustinig.

Recently I've started helping my MMA coach run a weekly h2h class for the stillwater PD, and most of these guys don't know their fists from their elbows, granted they learn just as well as anyone else, but if these guys didn't have guns and sticks they would be up shit creek without a paddle. Reading about police brutality gets me to thinking about this sort of thing, and I don't llike it, but then I have to consider that anyone I teach and train with could end up missusing it.... it's just that cops are a thousand times more likely to use it period.... I guess there's really nothing I can do, they were made cops by people who should know better than me; in a perfect world I shouldn't question how officer Bob so-and-so is uses the tehcniques I show him, but we don't live in a perfect world- well, better to teach them than the prison population.

The dissparity between how some guy with an open beer bottle and Kenneth LAy are treated is disgusting

Comment

How exactly was that poor mans neck broken ?

Did they hit him over the back of the neck with their night stick or something to that effect ?
                        Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

*sigh*
                          You tell 'em Kabar!

Comment

Tell us what? That he had to exhale?

Comment

It wasn't so much what he said, but how he said it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X