• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royce vs. Akebono Full fight vid.

http://www.fightreport.net/videos/AkebonoVsRoyce.wmv

Good Oma plata armlock variation.

Enjoy.

Stranger yet, by all official accounts, it was a WRIST LOCK that ended it.

Comment

Yeah it was a twisting one. Never seen that pulled off in comp. before.

Comment

And I just posted it in another thread, didn't know there was hosted link.
        Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

It looks like he did an omplata but also goosenecked the wrist.

Still Akebono should be ashamed of himself. Fight would have been over if he just simply dived on Royce when he went for the kick.
          ______
          Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
          -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
          The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
          -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Akebono is:
            "I did everything my trainers told me not to do," said the dejected fighter afterward.
            http://bullshido.net/forums/showthre...359#post527359

Comment

Looked like he tried a reverse armbar that didn't work coz the blob managed to turn him elbow arnd and then royce just decided to yank on the wrist? The wrist lock looks like the basic one taught in aikido or JJJ, but done when standing

Comment

I got that he went for an omoplata, saw that was pointless, went for an reverse armbar, but didn't have leverage, then just grabbed the wrist and cranked it.

Comment

Originally posted by lwflee
                  Looked like he tried a reverse armbar that didn't work coz the blob managed to turn him elbow arnd and then royce just decided to yank on the wrist? The wrist lock looks like the basic one taught in aikido or JJJ, but done when standing
                  Naw it looked like he was working the omoplata (ashigarami for the Judo guys)
                  Then threw the gooseneck in for added effect.
                  http://www.jiu-jitsu.net/techniques/aranha_omplata/

Akebono should've stop listening to his trainer and listen to the little voice him saying, PUT HIM IN THE BELLY!!! FEED ME BONO! FEED ME NOW!!!
                  ______
                  Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                  -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                  The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                  -Daniel Tosh

Comment

When did this happen ?
                    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
                    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Comment

I know Royce was training in some muay thai, but I have to say those kicks were a little weird. Maybe they were a ruse of some kind to get Akebono running in? :\

Comment

Originally posted by TaeBo_Master
                        When did this happen ?

New Years eve.

Comment

I think Royce did what Royce does...and Akebono did what ridiculously fat men who can't move do. I was most impressed by Royce not dying when Akebono fell on him and using an omoplata on such a big arm.

Comment

Same... I screwed up a tomoe-nage with a 120kg guy, for a while I thought he broke something when he landed on me.

Now imagine 200kg+ landing on you... >_<

Comment

Well done, Royce.

Needed to see a somewhat clean fight after seeing the footage of that Gracie vs. blondie, ty.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X