Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 Year old stapped to death by 15 punks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 Year old stapped to death by 15 punks...

A few articles, so bear with me:

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Toront...07/769381.html

Tue, December 7, 2004

School staff warned of fight

On day of teen's death

By JONATHAN JENKINS, Toronto Sun

STAFF AT East York Collegiate were warned to be vigilant at a meeting about student violence only hours before Drew Stewart was stabbed to death within sight of the school. "I had heard there was a fight on Thursday and yes, the administration was dealing with this," Phyllis Hill, the Toronto District School Board superintendent for the area, said. "They had a staff meeting on Friday morning to just have the staff be vigilant."

The warnings couldn't help Stewart, 16, who was stabbed to death around 1:30 p.m Friday after trying to stop a group of teens assaulting a pregnant, 18-year-old friend.

Last night, teary-eyed friends and family gathered at the Giffen-Mack Funeral Home on Danforth Ave. to console one another.

"He was just such a good person to me," friend Cyndi Palgrave said outside the visitation. "He always made us feel better when he came into the room."

Others agreed the loss was too great to contemplate and hoped that calls for retribution would be quelled with time.

"Everybody is just upset right now," friend Evan Jones said. "Hopefully with some time to think and time for the police, the police will be able to catch them."

Hill and police don't believe there's any connection between the brawl Thursday -- which some students said involved crowbars and bats -- and Stewart's murder.

"I'm not (drawing a connection) but certain other people are, that's for sure," Hill said.

About 30 grief counsellors and support staff were at the school yesterday to help students deal with emotions.

"I think his friends will help police because Drew touched a lot of people," friend James Pyke said. "We want the police to catch them before Drew's friends get to them."

But Jennifer Mallais said she doubts there'll be any vigilante action from his grieving friends.

"A lot of us are still angry. Justice won't be served until we get them all. These people have to go away for this."

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Toront...07/769380.html

Tue, December 7, 2004

Cops: Teen's killers within reach

By Jonathan Jenkins, Toronto Sun

COPS ARE closing in on Drew Stewart's killers but until an arrest is made a "veil of suspicion" hangs over every East Indian and black student at his school, police said yesterday. "Take that cloud off those innocent people who have nothing to do with this," Toronto Police Staff-Insp. Jeff McGuire said in a statement aimed at anyone with information on the case.

"Come forward and let us know who the people are who are involved."

Popular East York Collegiate student Stewart, 16, was overwhelmed by up to 15 attackers after he stepped in to defend a pregnant friend being assaulted Friday afternoon at the Mars restaurant on Coxwell Ave.

His assailants, all described by witnesses as East Indian or black, chased him down and stabbed him to death.

TEEN'S FRIENDS WARNED

McGuire also warned any of Stewart's many friends, some of whom have suggested they would seek their own justice, to cool down.

"We don't have a lot of hockey to watch these days but the retaliation penalty in hockey always winds up in the box," McGuire said. "Any retaliation will be treated for what it is -- a crime.

"We need to leave the policing to the police. Allow us to take care of what's happened to this point."

Cops believe at least some of the suspects are students at East York and that some knew Stewart, although there's no indication they went into the Mars restaurant to seek him out.

Police are maintaining a high-profile presence at the school and want to make it easy for anyone with a tip to get it to them.

"The sooner we get this information to an investigator, the sooner the veil of suspicion can be lifted from a whole group of people," McGuire said.

Anyone with tips can call police at 416-808-7408, 416-808-7418 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

Comment

So, we have a 16 year old kid that, seeing his PREGNANT friend being accosted, comes to her aid, he is chased down by 15 ! punks who beat on him and then proceed to stab him to death.

Maybe its me, but if I knew ANY of those 15 shitheads, I personally would beat the fuck out of him till he gave me ALL the names of those shits, then make sure each and everyone of them knows what its like to... ah forget it !!!

I know the Toronto cops, they'll fix those punks good...

Comment

That is a terrible thing, I hope those little shits get everything they deserve.
        [A friend once told me he found Jennifer Connelly hot.
        "Would she still be hot if she were melting in a car wreck, like at the end of Pollock, smelling of burnt hair and bubbling intestines?" I asked.
        "Oh hell yeah."
        "How? How would you even have sex with her?"
        "Just let her cool and fold her over, like an omolette."
        Since then we've always had this universal sign for Jennifer Connelly, it's like an "opening a book" motion, only backwards. And we are often known to softly remark "....like an omolette".]--boyd

Comment

Excuse me for being pissed at a situation like this...
          :BangHead:

Comment

Originally posted by ronin69
            Excuse me for being pissed at a situation like this...
            :BangHead:
            Nothing wrong with that.
            This is a primary example of the cowardice that most of us hate.
            It is sensless violence on an individual that was doing the "right thing" that any one of us would have done. It makes me sick.

I am teaching my son to be a good person and help those in need, and at some point (realistically) this situation could very well be him.

It scares the living shit out of me.
            [A friend once told me he found Jennifer Connelly hot.
            "Would she still be hot if she were melting in a car wreck, like at the end of Pollock, smelling of burnt hair and bubbling intestines?" I asked.
            "Oh hell yeah."
            "How? How would you even have sex with her?"
            "Just let her cool and fold her over, like an omolette."
            Since then we've always had this universal sign for Jennifer Connelly, it's like an "opening a book" motion, only backwards. And we are often known to softly remark "....like an omolette".]--boyd

Comment

Too bad the kid didn't have a BMX bike with him.
              MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
              "Fag."
              "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Comment

I bet they get off light because of their age.

It sucks that stepping up to do the right thing gets you killed, but that's just the way it is.
                "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
                YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

This is damn sad. I am suprised KFS hasn't made a stupid commet yet.

Comment

That's fucked up. What's even more fucked up is 15 people tried to assault an 18-year old pregnant girl. What the fuck is wrong with those punks. It doesn't matter if they're Black or Asian or Hispanic or just plain White trash, because that shit has got to be wrong in every culture.
                    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
                    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
                    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Comment

Sad, very sad, I swear, if one of them was my kid...

Comment

I bet they get off light because there are 15 of them- groups find it easier to kill than an individual does.

That is a horrible, horrible story. I hope they get the harshest punishment Canada can dish out, and then some.

Comment

I feel sorry for the guy. It is so close to Christmas but instead his family will go to thier son's funeral instead. Its sad that there will be gifts under the Christmas tree that wont be claimed. Just memories of thier son.

I hope those punks get caught. I have no sympathy for them. Those assholes deserve whats comming to them.
                          Last edited by Freddy; 12/07/2004 2:47pm, .
                          Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

Supposedly, all 15 will be charge with the same crime...

Comment

Terrible! Just terrible! A sad indictment of our society that someone would assault a pregnant girl and then hunt down and kill the one that tried to help her.

The deepest circle of hell is reserved for those such as this. I sure hope they all get prosecuted in adult court...

I have three children and I fear those teenage years.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X