Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You were teaching after a year?

Comment

Teaching, Hell, I was almost beating my master after two years. In Tae Kwon Do sparring that is.

TKD isn't hard to learn...Once you get 5 or 6 kicks down pact, you just practice them over...and over...and over...and...You get the idea. Each one has a different application in TKD sparring. When you learn how to use all the kicks at the correct time with speed, you become good at TKD sparring. That's pretty much all there is too it. Stupid ass rules.

Comment

1. never use cresent kicks, those are a joke.
        2. don't do stand up axe kicks (i can though, it's funny) on another standing opponent (unless your opponent is an idiot)
        3. WTF is the best acronym

i want a WTF shirt

--

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
        Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

This may be useless, but...I have trained in Judo, boxing, Goju Ryu and hold my black belt in TKS. The most important aspect of any school is the instructors. Will they expand the style? I also had the opportunity to train with a Thai boxer at the Goju dojo. That knee block is great, after the block.. kick straight out.

Comment

Make that BB in TKD. Must find new typing Master.

Comment

No problems here, and my crescent kicks are self-taught. But then, I'm naturally flexible.

Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

1. I do WTF TKD.
                2. I have no illusions that I am doing a sport.
                3. If I want to learn self-defense, I'll learn to shoot a gun.

Comment

Nah..I do cresent kick just fine and love to knock the crap outta ppl with them, hehe. I only used it once in self defense though, in the rare moments where I got the chance to hit high and the guy was a crappy fighter anyway. Crack the nose good

TKD has some defensive properties but it depends on who is teaching you and YOU. How much are you gonna read on it, practice it and cut the BS and get to the core of it. TKD has low kicks and it has some nasty things in it to. The whole sport thing really fucked it though. Rather sad, but hey, that's life. The self defense things is up top you though...TKD can be a decent base and a quick strong pairof legs is always useful, just as long as one remembers that they must crosstrian if they want to be complete.
                  ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Comment

i still don't understand how you were teaching after a year. beating your master in 2 years? wow you must be great.

Comment

The problem with a lot of the TKD people, and yes I'm a TKD person, is that they think that their art is the end all. There has to be a combination of other arts, I train in Muay Thai as well and roll around with some of te guys at the studio. TKD is a good long range art, but TKD kicks are pointless when a person is in close. There are positive points to TKD, but no art is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                        Dont train with the wtf. Its not martial arts. Its a sport.

"The blue is for the Crips, the red is for the Bloods/ The white is for the cops and the stars come from the clubs/ Or the slugs that ignites through the night/ By the dawns early light" - The RZA
                        I'm with Os on that one. I do WTF style also, but as of late, I've been getting into Muay Thai and JKD also, so I'm not paying too much attention to my TKD anymore. I still do practice maybe once or twice a week though, but only basic stuff - nothing fancy.
                        "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Comment

You're absolutely right. And because the effective techniques of TKD are rarely taught a large number of students within the TKD community, and are taught in an increasingly sparse amount of schools, it's not only creating the conception that the art is ineffective due to it's sport nature, but is also proving so to be true because the effective side of the art is not being taught to a larger portion of TKD students.
                          "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Comment

shame really.

Comment

Indeed. A crucial raason, IMO, for any TKD student to cross train with several different MAs.

Comment

i agree. my instructor not only trains but encourages training in jiujitsu that is taught at his school. i guess that's not surprising since the jj instructor is an old TKD student of his ;).
                                though i must say, it's a bit odd seeing your teacher wearing a white belt :).

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X