Osama Flap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osama Flap

Oh my God it's Osama! Yes! I love this story!

I'm watching CNN to see the bibble and what I'm getting so far is the "How will this affect the election?" burbling. As in, Osama releases a tape, so he's trying to influence our election, so we have to do the exact opposite of what he says, and since he's condemming Bush that means he wants Kerry to win, so we can't let him win so we gotta vote Bush. Meanwhile both Bush and Kerry muscled forward to say they're gonna kill bin Laden

Yeesh. Of course Osama is trying to influence the election, but not in the way people seem to think. He's not launching this thing into the end days of the election run in order to make sure one guy or the other wins. He's telling us something, communicating, with the hope that some of that information will affect action.

What's he actually saying? One seems to be that he's offering a truce. He says

Any state that does not mess with our security has naturally guaranteed its own security.

So he seems to be saying don't attack us, we won't attack you. Do we believe him? Is he trying to lull us? Maybe. But he's saying something, so it's better to take a listen to it for a second before expunging it as the word of the devil.

I love his slam on Bush though; it's the best:

It never occurred to us that the commander-in-chief of the American armed forces would leave 50,000 of his citizens in the two towers to face these horrors alone... It appeared to him that a little girl's talk about her goat and its butting was more important than the planes and their butting of the skyscrapers. That gave us three times the required time to carry out the operations, thank God,"

What's he saying? He's just pointing out how much easier Bush's reaction made it to carry out the attack. But since the devil said it, we have to believe the opposite -- Bush's reaction made it harder for them to carry out the attack! Yeah! Except... it kinda... er...

Let's not, in our zeal to insist the sun goes up at night if Bin Laden says it goes up in daytime, miss out on some basic stuff. Bin Laden told us that Bush's stupified unreaction we've all seen in the video gave him way more time that he thought he'd had. Draw your own conclusions.

Yikes! And even typing that in freaks me out! Bin Laden says we can avoid another attack? Well by God, we're gonna make damn sure we can't avoid another attack! Woo-yeah! Buy America!

Right. Anyway, while this is all a fun sideshow for the Hallowe'en weekend, I don't think it'll change anything. Big good American forces are on the move and I feel good about Tuesday.
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

fuck bin laden. Jenfucius does not negotiate with terrorists.

Comment

You realize the goal of his organization(in the USA) is the institution of an islamic government, right?

So with that in mind, why would he offer a truce, and why would anyone listen to him?

Comment

"Yikes! And even typing that in freaks me out! Bin Laden says we can avoid another attack? Well by God, we're gonna make damn sure we can't avoid another attack! Woo-yeah! Buy America!"

Gee...if only we had known that the best way to avoid a terrorist attack is to give them what they want! *smacks self in forehead*
        It's so simple!
        So if we leeave Bin Ladin alone...he will just....retire? Bother someone else?
        C'mon...The man is a terrorist whe has declared war on non-combatants. He feels the best way to destroy "infidels" is to attack their civillians. His goal is to make us so afriad that we just give him what he wants. Small children do that to their parents all the time: create a scenario where acquiesence is easier than resistance.

Not to sound like right-winger here, (because in truth I'm not all that right-wing) but acquiesence is not an option. Osama made the mistake of exporting middle east-style terror to the US. Oops.

The result has been the destruction of two of the planets most destructive, repressive, and genocidal regimes, (got a couple more to go...but a good start anyway). In pursuit of this, people have died, some of them civillians. As many civillians as terrorists have killed? Not even close. As many as those repressive regimes have killed? Even further away. The truth is, even one death sucks. It's just not OK, but untill we can set our phasers to stun...that's the way it goes.

Sorry to rant on ad naseum, but if you tell me that terrorist attacks are avoidable through negotiation, then I am going to call bullshit.
        And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

I could smell the fear in that video. The vibe I got from this is that he's a pussy who talked some shit before but now that his ranks have been decimated by our secret squirrels, he's backing down with this "don't attack us and we won't attack you bullshit". If only Klinton had sent us in to deal with his sorry ass back in 98-00. I would have lubed my cock with some pig's blood and socket fucked him to death. :angryfire
          "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Comment

I think OBL is trying to appear the statesman...I'm having a hard time figuring out why.
            Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

I'm calling it now, OBL for President of Saudi Arabia.

Comment

The mere fact that OBL and his clowns have not pulled off a successful attack (prior to our election) within the US, or a significant attack on US interests abroad, is a strong statement as well. Perhaps he is playing the statesman card because his job as global terrorism czar isn't as secure as it once was.

Comment

Originally posted by punchingdummy
                  The mere fact that OBL and his clowns have not pulled off a successful attack (prior to our election) within the US, or a significant attack on US interests abroad, is a strong statement as well. Perhaps he is playing the statesman card because his job as global terrorism czar isn't as secure as it once was.
                  didnt 9/11 take years of planning by Alqaeda?

Comment

(A) They hit us several times prior to 9-11

(B) Their MO has been to try and influence elections through violence.

Comment

Originally posted by punchingdummy
                      (A) They hit us several times prior to 9-11

(B) Their MO has been to try and influence elections through violence.
                      1993 WTC bombing, 1998 Embassy bombings, USS Cole, 9/11, 2002 explosion outside a synagogue in Tunisia, CIA employees shot in Virginia (forget the year), Madrid, etc.

Which besides Madrid was intended to influence an election? And is even that true? Or is that a politicized interpretation of the event and its consequences that benefits Bush II supporters?
                      Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Originally posted by Jenfucius
                        fuck bin laden. Jenfucius does not negotiate with terrorists.
                        I believe that's Sledge hammer's line - "I'm an American, I don't negotiate with terrorists."

http://www.phrank.com/audio/sh/season1/theme01.wav

http://www.phrank.com/audio/sh/season1/utg01.wav
                        Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

Originally posted by brandeissansoo
                          You realize the goal of his organization(in the USA) is the institution of an islamic government, right?
                          Bush's goal is to institute a christian government. Both fools are wrong.
                          "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Comment

Originally posted by brandeissansoo
                            I highly doubt even Al Qaeda would believe that this is possible. I think they just want the West (historicaly) to stop interfering in the middle east. (And of course the Isreali/palestine conflict to be resolved.) [Mine you I'm not going to get into whose right or wrong here. Not the point.]
                            Last edited by Freddy; 11/02/2004 12:30pm, .
                            Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

Originally posted by Thaiboxerken
                              Bush's goal is to institute a christian government.
                              I wouldnt be too surprise since some of his policies supports fanactical christian groups and wine and dine with the likes of Pat Robertson and Billy Ghram.
                              Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X