Toronto MMA Clubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toronto MMA Clubs?

Guys, I did some research and know about particular martial arts schools in my city [Toronto] but have very few options as far as MMA is concerned. Obviously alot of you guys are into this, so I was wondering if you could possibly recommend some decent MMA schools.

Thanks in advance.

www.kombatarts.com

Comment

Are you looking to start "MMA" right away? Because most places I've heard of have you in separate classes for striking and grappling then have you put them together.
      Originally posted by The Wastrel
      I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

Originally posted by Shumagorath
        Are you looking to start "MMA" right away? Because most places I've heard of have you in separate classes for striking and grappling then have you put them together.

To be honest, I'm just a little confused about what I should be doing. I took a couple of Judo classes in the past week, I love it, but not learning how to punch/kick just seems weird to me. I guess I'm looking for both stand up and ground. So yes, I would prefer that I join a club that teaches both aspects of fighting [stand up/ground] simulataneously or together.

By the way, thanks for the link Ronin.

Comment

There's Ultimate Gym on Progress road in Scarborough.

I don't train there, but KayPeeDee (or PeeDeeKay, or whatever his name is) does...

What area of Toronto? Narrow it down for us a bit dude...and what is your background/experience and fitness level? age? Economic capability? (i.e. can you afford 500 a year or a 1000 a year or what?) The "train everything" type places aren't usually cheap...
          Regards,
          CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
          One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
          Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonTiger
            There's Ultimate Gym on Progress road in Scarborough.

I don't train there, but KayPeeDee (or PeeDeeKay, or whatever his name is) does...

What area of Toronto? Narrow it down for us a bit dude...and what is your background/experience and fitness level? age? Economic capability? (i.e. can you afford 500 a year or a 1000 a year or what?) The "train everything" type places aren't usually cheap...
            Downtown Toronto. No martial art experience but can take a punch. 25 years old . 1000$ a year.

Comment

Alright...Ultimate is a bit more expensive than that I think...you pay separately for the MT and grappling training. You might be able to deal with them though.

Downtown...there's a branch of Rebellion Jujutsu down there somewhere...I believe they get some of the Siam#1 guys to come in and teach striking during certain days of the week.

I assume you're looking for something with decent contact?
              Regards,
              CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
              One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
              Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

I assume you're looking for something with decent contact?[/QUOTE]

For sure, I wouldn't even consider training somewhere with out decent sparring.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X