Looking for new school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for new school

Hey guys, i was just wondering if ne of u knew of any martial art search engines or ne thing good at finding schools in yur particular area? i already know of martialinfo.com, does anyone know of ne others? Thanx in advance

http://www.fighting.net

That's got the Progressive Fighting Systems Instructor search.

That'll get you great JKD.

"I'm not tense; just terribly, terribly alert."
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Where do you live; what are you interested in?

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
      Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Thanx jkdchick, ill look more into that, but i was kinda leaning more towards jujitsu/hapkido/judoish stuff. i.e. grappling/striking. Im currently at a hapkido place right now, but am thinking about switching due to certain reasons. Any other thoughts/info is appreciated =)

Comment

The Wastrel:
          I live in southern CA and im interested in something thats pretty balanced between striking/grappling, maybe leaning a lil more towards grappling.

Comment

JSN723: Maybe some Kung fu san soo, if you live near riverside you could try dave hopkins, he teaches san soo and machados JJ. San Soo by itself combines striking and leverages/joint locks/throws, but if you want ground specifically, you might have to ask for it.
            Here's a list of most every school. Contact me is you have any trouble finding a place.
            http://www.redshift.com/~mjacobi/sch.html

Edited by - brandeissansoo on January 14 2003 02:17:56

Comment

JSN723, it's too late for your ass. =)

delirious

Comment

bump.

Comment

Deus, you're in SD. Can't you help him out?

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
                  Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

haha deus is my friend actually.. but yea.. hes in sd, which is like 1-1 and a half hours away from where i live

Comment

That's kind of what I thought...that you two knew each other. I was trying to sniff it out. Hey man, if you say Socal, I can't do much better than point you to someone else in Socal. Up here, everything south of Bakersfield is Socal....come to think of it...you can have Bakersfield too. What city?

Comment

JSN- Where in SoCal are you? I could refer you to a few schools between LA and Santa Barbara.

Comment

DngrRuss1: Im from Long beach, but im willing to travel up to 15 min away if needed

Comment

I'm telling you, you're doomed to HKD hell. Keep striking and wristlocking pretty boy! Or I can kick your ass whenever I come home. =)

delirious

Comment

http://www.judoinfo.com/clubsusa.htm#ca

What else can I say? Go judo!

delirious

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X