No announcement yet.

Looking for new school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

go back to sd judo boy ^_^ either that or find me some more links =)

Comment

How is the search going?

Comment

Eh... not too good.. alot of numbers thats ive been finding lately are usually dead ones (not to say i dont appreciate the help im getting) but yah... still searchng basically...

Comment

Sorry I didn't respond to you earlier JSN.
          Unfortunately, Most of the schools I am framiliar with are much further north then Long Beach, and your 15 minute drive rule kinda rules them out. But I have other MA instructor friends in the area so if I hear of anything, I will post to you here.

Comment

cool thanx

Comment

hey i found this one hapkido place in the city of torrance. the website is masterkwon.com. im most likely not gonna be able to go there, but i was just wondering if ne one could take a look at it and give me an opinion on it. Btw, im still looking around for a good MA skool (preferably somethng with striking and grappling) in the Long Beach/Huntington Beach area =D

Comment

Isn't Tito from Huntington Beach?

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
                Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

tito?

Comment

Tito Ortiz, the current UFC champion? =) Get in the know ya ignoramus.

~
                    delirious

Comment

oh, that tito, i was assuming he meant some famous teacher

Comment

Dude, most JKD Concepts schools teach BJJ too. You'll get a complete program.

(board breaks with a kick)
                        "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."

-- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
                        Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

If you're near Torrance, one of the Machado brothers has a BJJ school there. The grappling instruction doesn't get much better than those guys. Check out www.machadojj.com.
                          "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
                          "Shadow Box"

Comment

i dunno, i originally was considering torrance as an option, but now that i think about it, with traffic at the time most martial art classes are, it would take me too long to get there... i dont suppose ne one is familiar with the cerritos/cypress area? ^_^

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X