Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

How often do you throw out your gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you throw out your gear?

I usually throw out my bag gloves at least once a year. After 4 hrs a week of punching, for a year, they're usually done, soft as a pillow.

Shin protectors usually last me at least two years, sometimes less.

Mouth guards I replace about once a year. I should probably change them more ofen.

My wife usually tosses out my clothes, when she's decided that they're too worn and ratty to be seen in the wash with all her designer stuff.

I throw out gear when I buy better stuff. I've never worn out a piece of equipment before that happened.

I'm kinda wondering what to do with my huge, baggy Toraki gi when all the slack makes it unacceptable for BJJ. I can't just keep washing my Atama every night...
    Originally posted by The Wastrel
    I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

Originally posted by Shumagorath
      I throw out gear when I buy better stuff. I've never worn out a piece of equipment before that happened.

I'm kinda wondering what to do with my huge, baggy Toraki gi when all the slack makes it unacceptable for BJJ. I can't just keep washing my Atama every night...
      See, if you were married, you wouldn't have to worry about this. Because you wouldn't be allowed to buy any better stuff, until you wore out your old stuff.

Comment

If she's spending money on designer clothes, she better be hot

Comment

Originally posted by Traditional Tom
          If she's spending money on designer clothes, she better be hot
          *laughing*.....You're not married, are you.

Comment

I get new stuff every year.

Comment

How about never?

Until the last thread wears out?

It is nice to have extra gear around for newbs
              If a `religion' is defined to be a system of ideas that contains unprovable statements, then Godel taught us that mathematics is not only a religion, it is the only religion that can prove itself to be one. -- John Barrow

Talk to TBK's boyfriend:

Comment

That's true j4, I've never been married, and I don't plan on being for a lonnnnnnng time. Unless of course she's really hot and loaded. But I will never be lucky enough to land a chick like that.

I haven't been in MA long enough to wear out any gear, but I imagine Ill throw it out only when its absolutely unusable anymore. (I imagine Duct Tape can keep that stuff alive for awhile longer).

Comment

apparently you havent read my handwrap thread hehehehe

Comment

Why throw out stinky things that perverted romos on ebay will pay good money for?

Use your head.

Comment

are you queer for his gear, boy?

Comment

until its so messsed up i don't know where to stick what

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X